Small town mentality

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Was just a bit of background info as to maybe why I have slightly more ambitious ideas surrounding 'fun'

Leave it out next time and I might read the rest of your posts :panic:

Did you know ive nearly finished my Msc. Im one degree away from being a Dr :aye:

Yeah, because you've mentioned it numerous occasions.

You think im bad now! Wait til a few years when im a Doctor!!!!

(of nursing) :aye:

Edited by Kid Dynamite

I think it's almost indoctrinated into these people I really do.

They reject most things outside of the norm and mock them for being different because they never experience anything different themselves

It's very common. :lol:

KD I'd love to ram a biro into your ear drum as thats what your posts feel like to me when I read them :panic:

I'd put money on the majority of the lads who you class as mates don't think the same about you. I would imagine that when their phone rings and your name flashes up they think "should I answer it, it's that bell end again, what the fuck does he want?"...nailed on imo

P.S Jonny, you're right about the pub thing btw but wrong about the Butchers, it's Jacksons or the Grace :lol:

Guest Stevie
KD I'd love to ram a biro into your ear drum as thats what your posts feel like to me when I read them :aye:

I'd put money on the majority of the lads who you class as mates don't think the same about you. I would imagine that when their phone rings and your name flashes up they think "should I answer it, it's that bell end again, what the fuck does he want?"...nailed on imo

P.S Jonny, you're right about the pub thing btw but wrong about the Butchers, it's Jacksons or the Grace :lol:

:panic:

I've got no problem with people who don't drink, but I bet the chances of the said non-drinker being a cunt must go up 10 fold. The most annoying thing about non-drinkers, and this is especially true of J69, is many of them can be extremely patronising about people who do drink, loads of times J69 mentions "out of your face" and "sick", I can't even remember the last time I was sick off drink. With regards to small town mentalities when you come from Wearside backwaters, or drug stained Northumberland shitholes, it's hardly surprising your mates are set in their ways. Great idea for your stag do, how much betting money have you put aside?

Edited by Stevie

:lol: Was just a bit of background info as to maybe why I have slightly more ambitious ideas surrounding 'fun'

Leave it out next time and I might read the rest of your posts :icon_lol:

Did you know ive nearly finished my Msc. Im one degree away from being a Dr :rolleyes:

Funny that, I thought you weren't arsed as you turned down the chance to do a medical degree? You were going to post the offer letter on here at one point iirc.

I used to live in CLS and thought it was alright tbh, the people there weren't particularly insular like they are in Blyth and Peterlee.

Got to say it's taking the piss expecting your 'mates' (I use the term loosely as you see fit to slag them off on a messageboard) to go to Las Vegas for the benefit of your stag night. By the time food, drink, and entertainment is taken into account you're talking a grand each, easily (more if they like a bet). If they have wives or g/fs I bet they'd be delighted. Seems a bit selfish but then anything for your ego I guess.

Leave it out next time and I might read the rest of your posts :icon_lol:

Did you know ive nearly finished my Msc. Im one degree away from being a Dr :rolleyes:

Funny that, I thought you weren't arsed as you turned down the chance to do a medical degree? You were going to post the offer letter on here at one point iirc.

I used to live in CLS and thought it was alright tbh, the people there weren't particularly insular like they are in Blyth and Peterlee.

Got to say it's taking the piss expecting your 'mates' (I use the term loosely as you see fit to slag them off on a messageboard) to go to Las Vegas for the benefit of your stag night. By the time food, drink, and entertainment is taken into account you're talking a grand each, easily (more if they like a bet). If they have wives or g/fs I bet they'd be delighted. Seems a bit selfish but then anything for your ego I guess.

Basically a thinly veiled boast that he was going to vegas.

Guest Stevie

Leave it out next time and I might read the rest of your posts :rolleyes:

Did you know ive nearly finished my Msc. Im one degree away from being a Dr :quotes:

As this was that people consider him (bizarely) to look like attractive actors. He looks the sort of kid who had a lot of spots as a teenager but managed to get through without too much scarring.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=630631

To be fair if you scroll back it gets even more cringeworthy :icon_lol: still if he wasn't here there's not many left to take the piss out of. At least I know what he looks like next time I'm at a Blyth game though.

For a mates 10 years ago we went to Barcelona for a weekend - on Easyjet and we knew a decent cheapish hotel from the CL which meant it cost about £150 without spending money and my mate who was best man who booked it all was let down by 5 or 6 lads who were "definites" - we managed to recruit a couple of peripheral mates who turned out to be excellent crack and had a whip round to make sure the lad wasn't out of pocket.

My point is I think if you are going to do something "special" for a stag do you have to limit it to a few close friends who you trust.

On the topic I think (surprise, surprise) it depends - I have mates who've never left Shields apart from holidays/football and still go to the same pub on the same nights they did when they were 18. I also know plenty who have moved on.

Leave it out next time and I might read the rest of your posts :rolleyes:

Did you know ive nearly finished my Msc. Im one degree away from being a Dr :quotes:

As this was that people consider him (bizarely) to look like attractive actors. He looks the sort of kid who had a lot of spots as a teenager but managed to get through without too much scarring.

To be fair if you scroll back it gets even more cringeworthy :icon_lol: still if he wasn't here there's not many left to take the piss out of. At least I know what he looks like next time I'm at a Blyth game though.

Juts looks like one of the mentalists he looks after imo, surprised he hasn't found himself locked up with them by mistake before.

Same everywhere. I moved to Pudsey about 18months ago and its the same old sad sacks in the same old boozers and I dont go out that much, but you can tell thats all they do 24/7 365 days a year.

Fuck your mates off man, get yourself out and enjoy yourself. I love biking, road and mountain, I would rather bike than go out and get pissed and sit with reprobates, yet the lads who I know in Pudsey would rather goto the same old shit pubs and sit with piss stinking people. I let them do it, go out biking have a good time, then if I want ill meet them later for one or go out with the lads and lasses from the bike club.

Dont let fuckwits drag you back because they are scared of missing something. Join a club or something to get a bigger social group?

Same everywhere. I moved to Pudsey about 18months ago and its the same old sad sacks in the same old boozers and I dont go out that much, but you can tell thats all they do 24/7 365 days a year.

Fuck your mates off man, get yourself out and enjoy yourself. I love biking, road and mountain, I would rather bike than go out and get pissed and sit with reprobates, yet the lads who I know in Pudsey would rather goto the same old shit pubs and sit with piss stinking people. I let them do it, go out biking have a good time, then if I want ill meet them later for one or go out with the lads and lasses from the bike club.

Dont let fuckwits drag you back because they are scared of missing something. Join a club or something to get a bigger social group?

Can you recommend any good routes for cycling Wyki, off road and on, should be taking delivery of the new steed this week and I'm off work.

Can you recommend any good routes for cycling Wyki, off road and on, should be taking delivery of the new steed this week and I'm off work.

Mountain trike. :lol:

Shields Road via the Raby.

Im kidding.

Mountain trike. :lol:

:icon_lol: arsehole

As most people know, im from Chester-Le-Street. I lived in Leeds for 3 years, America for 6 months and did a fair bit of travelling which I like to think broadened my horizons a little. A large proportion of my friends from school however left at 16, still do the same job now that they did 10 years ago and their whole life revolves around going down the front street on Saturday night. Once a year they go to Blackpool.

Now when I was 17/18 I was down the front street every weekend, it was new to us and a right laugh, but as the years wore on you began to realise that in a small town its the same people out on the same nights in the same pubs, stood at the same tables and even playing the same tunes at the same times during the night! It really was like groundhog day.

Now that we are approaching 30 and earn a bit more money I assumed our social lives could expand a little? Maybe a night out in newcastle every other week? Some fun activities like going paintballing, go karting? Maybe even go mad and have a weekend in Barcelona or take in an away match in London?

But no, these suggestion are usually met with 'I owe me mam board money', 'If we go there we wont be back in time for 7oclock to go drinking on the front street', 'I dont really do things during the week cos i like to save my money for Saturday night'

Most of my mates still live at home, some dont even own a car. My best recently organised my stag do in vegas and gave everyone a years notice. 4 out of 10 of them are coming with the rest asking why we couldnt just go to Blackpool for the weekend!

I suppose my question is, am I alone in having been lumbered with shit friends, or does this small town syndrome affect people from places other than Chester-Le-Street

:lol:

Have a word with yourself mate.

in my opinion if you want to enjoy other things in life and see the world then thats fair enough but i think your out of order having a go at people for doing what you've described, tbh you just sound like a boast.

Leave it out next time and I might read the rest of your posts :quotes:

No need for your to pm me your phone number then. You can ask me what I think of you in person :bye:

Where you been? Wackys been waiting for your moral support for days to get back into this thread :rolleyes:

Vegas wasnt planned or booked by me, it was done by my best man with plenty of notice. As ive mentioned earlier i dont for a second begrudge those who cant afford it. More those that who can afford it but wont sacrifice a couple of nights out to do so. Its possible they dont think that much of me as a mate? Its also possible that they do like me but theyl never holiday anywhere other than spain til the day they die?

Im surprised Stevie leaves his street never mind England! You might bump into one of the heinous dark skinned folk in your sig? :bye:

As most people know, im from Chester-Le-Street. I lived in Leeds for 3 years, America for 6 months and did a fair bit of travelling which I like to think broadened my horizons a little. A large proportion of my friends from school however left at 16, still do the same job now that they did 10 years ago and their whole life revolves around going down the front street on Saturday night. Once a year they go to Blackpool.

Now when I was 17/18 I was down the front street every weekend, it was new to us and a right laugh, but as the years wore on you began to realise that in a small town its the same people out on the same nights in the same pubs, stood at the same tables and even playing the same tunes at the same times during the night! It really was like groundhog day.

Now that we are approaching 30 and earn a bit more money I assumed our social lives could expand a little? Maybe a night out in newcastle every other week? Some fun activities like going paintballing, go karting? Maybe even go mad and have a weekend in Barcelona or take in an away match in London?

But no, these suggestion are usually met with 'I owe me mam board money', 'If we go there we wont be back in time for 7oclock to go drinking on the front street', 'I dont really do things during the week cos i like to save my money for Saturday night'

Most of my mates still live at home, some dont even own a car. My best recently organised my stag do in vegas and gave everyone a years notice. 4 out of 10 of them are coming with the rest asking why we couldnt just go to Blackpool for the weekend!

I suppose my question is, am I alone in having been lumbered with shit friends, or does this small town syndrome affect people from places other than Chester-Le-Street

:lol:

Have a word with yourself mate.

i wish I was fucking rich :icon_lol: im having to get rid of sky sports just to pay my mortgage mate. Im sooooooo misunderstood. Intentionally so by some people i would imagine