Small town mentality

Kid Dynamite

:lol: Was just a bit of background info as to maybe why I have slightly more ambitious ideas surrounding 'fun'

Leave it out next time and I might read the rest of your posts :icon_lol:

Did you know ive nearly finished my Msc. Im one degree away from being a Dr :rolleyes:

Yeah, because you've mentioned it numerous occasions.

You think im bad now! Wait til a few years when im a Doctor!!!!

Funny that, I thought you weren't arsed as you turned down the chance to do a medical degree? You were going to post the offer letter on here at one point iirc.

Did you intentionally delete the pertinent bit to my post :quotes:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie

J69 if you asked 100 people on family fortunes, could J69 look a bigger nob than he does on this thread, I guarantee a good 87 at least would say no. Your feeble attempts of a come back leave me feeling sorry for you, why bother, you know it will end up sounding shit, the whole thing was a big boast when patently there's fuck all to boast about. What's interesting is that you admit you could only muster a maximum of 10 for your stag do, and I guarantee three of them think you're a borderline cunt if you display the humility in life that you do on here.

As for seeing you at Croft Park yeah I'll just look out for the even iller looking Mark Renton lookalike*

* you see what I did there - I hate that yank expression but it was needed

Good luck though, regardless what stage of your life you're at, it's not set in stone that you will die a cunt, and that's my final thought on the matter.

As for being one degree away from being a doctor so fuck, that's what 2 or 3 years away. My sister was a fully qualified doctor when she was 25, and you're 28?

Edited by Stevie

Guest Stevie
As most people know, im from Chester-Le-Street. I lived in Leeds for 3 years, America for 6 months and did a fair bit of travelling which I like to think broadened my horizons a little. A large proportion of my friends from school however left at 16, still do the same job now that they did 10 years ago and their whole life revolves around going down the front street on Saturday night. Once a year they go to Blackpool.

Now when I was 17/18 I was down the front street every weekend, it was new to us and a right laugh, but as the years wore on you began to realise that in a small town its the same people out on the same nights in the same pubs, stood at the same tables and even playing the same tunes at the same times during the night! It really was like groundhog day.

Now that we are approaching 30 and earn a bit more money I assumed our social lives could expand a little? Maybe a night out in newcastle every other week? Some fun activities like going paintballing, go karting? Maybe even go mad and have a weekend in Barcelona or take in an away match in London?

But no, these suggestion are usually met with 'I owe me mam board money', 'If we go there we wont be back in time for 7oclock to go drinking on the front street', 'I dont really do things during the week cos i like to save my money for Saturday night'

Most of my mates still live at home, some dont even own a car. My best recently organised my stag do in vegas and gave everyone a years notice. 4 out of 10 of them are coming with the rest asking why we couldnt just go to Blackpool for the weekend!

I suppose my question is, am I alone in having been lumbered with shit friends, or does this small town syndrome affect people from places other than Chester-Le-Street

:lol:

Have a word with yourself mate.

i wish I was fucking rich :icon_lol: im having to get rid of sky sports just to pay my mortgage mate. Im sooooooo misunderstood. Intentionally so by some people i would imagine

Most people don't care enough mate trust me :rolleyes: They just see what's in front of them, and that's a lad displaying insecurities on a daily basis I think. That's all they will judge you on. Everyone has insecurities not one person can say they don't, but you're the only cunt I can think of out of maybe 200 regular posters on this messageboard who boasts regularly in a subtle way. "This is me, I have this, I did this, I'm going there, and you're shit". No one else feels the need to do that on here, it's not a dig, but any mental health figure or psychologist, and believe it or not I'm from a family of psychologists, would say that's a trait of a lad who grew up without enough praise from his parents. I'm very interested in exactly why people end up being cunts, I try to step away from just brandishing someone a cunt. I believe you have to explore the reasons as to why people end up being cunts. The main reasons I find are poor upbringing, being overtly spoilt as a kid, lack of love as a kid, growing up with no morals, or becoming a product of an environment like Scochee or Pennywell. My brother in law is a classic example of one of those, he's ridiculously rich and succesful, but he was shown no love as a kid, received no praise and ultimately feels the need to praise himself cos he's never had it in his life, the daft cunt even thinks he's a better footballer than me and Leeds are a bigger club than the toon which sums it up, but he's a great dad because he doesn't want his kids to have the lack of love at early age he had to endure, and maybe you'll be a great dad too. He spends three hours a night after work playing with them kids and it's made him a better person.

Edited by Stevie

As most people know, im from Chester-Le-Street. I lived in Leeds for 3 years, America for 6 months and did a fair bit of travelling which I like to think broadened my horizons a little. A large proportion of my friends from school however left at 16, still do the same job now that they did 10 years ago and their whole life revolves around going down the front street on Saturday night. Once a year they go to Blackpool.

Now when I was 17/18 I was down the front street every weekend, it was new to us and a right laugh, but as the years wore on you began to realise that in a small town its the same people out on the same nights in the same pubs, stood at the same tables and even playing the same tunes at the same times during the night! It really was like groundhog day.

Now that we are approaching 30 and earn a bit more money I assumed our social lives could expand a little? Maybe a night out in newcastle every other week? Some fun activities like going paintballing, go karting? Maybe even go mad and have a weekend in Barcelona or take in an away match in London?

But no, these suggestion are usually met with 'I owe me mam board money', 'If we go there we wont be back in time for 7oclock to go drinking on the front street', 'I dont really do things during the week cos i like to save my money for Saturday night'

Most of my mates still live at home, some dont even own a car. My best recently organised my stag do in vegas and gave everyone a years notice. 4 out of 10 of them are coming with the rest asking why we couldnt just go to Blackpool for the weekend!

I suppose my question is, am I alone in having been lumbered with shit friends, or does this small town syndrome affect people from places other than Chester-Le-Street

It's funny to me that you talk about being from a small town when you're 10 miles away from a city with around 200k people...

I don't know if this will ring true with you and your lot, but I am from a small town in Illinois- population around 7,500 and no big town in sight.

Seems like when I was younger, I wanted adventure. Now, I'm not talking about Indiana Jones adventure, just something not ordinary. When I was in high school and college, it wasn't all that unusual to get in the car, drive out to Interstate 64 and say, "Right or left?" to whoever was in the car next to me and then we'd drive for hours. It wasn't unusual to drive to Chicago or St. Louis on a whim. I remember driving up to Charleston, IL once to see if the record store there had any copies of Fixed by Nine Inch Nails because I'd been telling a friend of mine what a good album it was and couldn't find my copy.

As I got older, for whatever reason, adventure and uncertainty became undesirable- or at least not worth my time. I don't know why exactly, but it just did. I was talking with one of my former maintenance guys this past week and I told him my ideal evening is to get up on a Saturday, take the dog out and such, see who is playing on FSC, get high and watch football for a few hours, then wait for my wife to come home from being out with her friends and fuck me silly.

I think part of it is when you're young, you don't know how the world works- different towns (not to mention countries) hold a special allure of difference- different people, different locales, whatever. You go out and explore. What I always ended up finding was that whether I was in little old Mount Carmel or Chicago or Austin or wherever, is it really isn't any different. Sure, there were differences, but nothing was really that different.

Maybe your mates have figured this out, maybe they really just are stuck to their barstools. Who knows?

In any case, if they don't want to go, they don't want to go. There could be loads of different reasons, many of which have already touched on in this thread. Chances are, they do rate you as a mate but something is keeping them from going to Vegas, so just leave it at that. Have fun with the folks who are going and bring back funny stories for those who don't. Don't make this more than what it is though. There's no sense in ruining a friendship because they don't want to go and you're disappointed so you feel like telling them off or whatever. That just makes you sound like a chick. :lol:

:lol:

Have a word with yourself mate.

i wish I was fucking rich :icon_lol: im having to get rid of sky sports just to pay my mortgage mate. Im sooooooo misunderstood. Intentionally so by some people i would imagine

You say your misunderstood by many members of this board, but it's hard for others to differ their opinion when most of your posts are about yourself, possessions and occupation. Which is fine, it's what you seem to thrive on; 'Oh I've got that' or 'Look at my latest...', I can see you acting like that with your mates, looking for every opportunity to show-off on a persistent basis. Your mates may seem comfortable with their current situation in their lives, perhaps these are people who haven't adjusted to adventure and are more contempt in a stag in Ibiza rather than Vegas, which shows their out their comfort zone and perhaps they now see you as a snob.

i wish I was fucking rich :lol: im having to get rid of sky sports just to pay my mortgage mate. Im sooooooo misunderstood. Intentionally so by some people i would imagine

Not surprising you're misunderstood is it though, when you claim to be on the bones of your arse...but insist on going to vegas for your stag do. :icon_lol:

If my best man was fucking up organising my stag do such a degree that he could only muster 4 interested people, I'd say he was shit...not your mates who won't get themselves into similar financial straits to cater to your ego....what kind of a friend does that make you asking them to do it anyway?

Seems like they have their head screwed on wheras you'll do anything to be able to brag to the other rah rah nurses about your exotic travels...when Amsterdam or Blackpool clearly match your budgetry constraints a bit more.

Edited by Happy Face

i wish I was fucking rich :lol: im having to get rid of sky sports just to pay my mortgage mate. Im sooooooo misunderstood. Intentionally so by some people i would imagine

Not surprising you're misunderstood is it though, when you claim to be on the bones of your arse...but insist on going to vegas for your stag do. :icon_lol:

If my best man was fucking up organising my stag do such a degree that he could only muster 4 interested people, I'd say he was shit...not your mates who won't get themselves into similar financial straits to cater to your ego....what kind of a friend does that make you asking them to do it anyway?

Seems like they have their head screwed on wheras you'll do anything to be able to brag to the other rah rah nurses about your exotic travels...when Amsterdam or Blackpool clearly match your budgetry constraints a bit more.

Speaking of which, why in God's name anyone would rather go to Vegas than fucking Amsterdam is just beyond me.

Happy's got a point though- if the majority of your friends can't afford a Vegas trip, why the fuck is the best man organizing one? This is why most people have shite weddings. Folks go from blue-collar lives to a spare-no-expense mentality which almost always ends up resulting in white trash looking confused and out of place in expensive suits/ dresses. My cousin and her husband just finished paying off their wedding last summer. They've been married since 1995. 13 years it took them to pay off their dream wedding at Disney World (don't ask). That's just crazy.

Folks go from blue-collar lives to a spare-no-expense mentality which almost always ends up resulting in white trash looking confused and out of place in expensive suits/ dresses.

Are you implying that KD is white trash? :lol:

Speaking of which, why in God's name anyone would rather go to Vegas than fucking Amsterdam is just beyond me.

Happy's got a point though- if the majority of your friends can't afford a Vegas trip, why the fuck is the best man organizing one? This is why most people have shite weddings. Folks go from blue-collar lives to a spare-no-expense mentality which almost always ends up resulting in white trash looking confused and out of place in expensive suits/ dresses. My cousin and her husband just finished paying off their wedding last summer. They've been married since 1995. 13 years it took them to pay off their dream wedding at Disney World (don't ask). That's just crazy.

Fucking Hell. 13 years to pay off a Wedding set in Disneyland? Sorry but :rolleyes:

Guest Stevie

What was that time a while ago when Alex made him look like a total twat, where it was proven he had lied or something, or he was decisively proven wrong.

Fucking Hell. 13 years to pay off a Wedding set in Disneyland? Sorry but :rolleyes:

I know, right? Oh and it's Disney World not Disney Land - the one in the humidity capital of the U.S.- FLORIDA. If they'd have had it in Cali, I probably would've made it (I used to be a real unsympathetic cunt like that).

Folks go from blue-collar lives to a spare-no-expense mentality which almost always ends up resulting in white trash looking confused and out of place in expensive suits/ dresses.

Are you implying that KD is white trash? :quotes:

Nah, not at all. I just use these topics and replies as thinly veiled reasons for me to spout off about nothing in particular. I find that by pointing out the shortcomings in society, government, football, whatever it doesn't make me feel better about myself, but if I can make one person feel as badly as I do about a given subject, then it sort of results in a Pyrrhic victory for me.

You mean where he initially denied being J69, then denied denying it, and subsequently deleted the post where he'd denied denying it? :lol:

Guest Stevie
You mean where he initially denied being J69, then denied denying it, and subsequently deleted the post where he'd denied denying it? :lol:

:icon_lol:

There was that, but there was something else as well. He's like Benny Hill cum Hyacinth Bucket.

Having the minister dressing up as Tweety doesn't come cheap.

I dawd I daw a puddy cat.