Tim Krul Appreciation Thread

khay

Played excellent today I thought. Must admit it was quite refreshing to see a keeper come out off his line without hesitance and wanting to collect the ball. Also seeing a keeper not dither once he gets it and look to get rid of the ball quickly, but also with a purpose. Don't think Harper is capable of some of those saves he made today too.

Yeah its not just Krul's saves, its also the fact he looks like he'll command his area and makes his mind up straightaway, also i think his distribution will be better than Harpers and it will certainly be alot quicker!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played excellent today I thought. Must admit it was quite refreshing to see a keeper come out off his line without hesitance and wanting to collect the ball. Also seeing a keeper not dither once he gets it and look to get rid of the ball quickly, but also with a purpose. Don't think Harper is capable of some of those saves he made today too.

Yeah its not just Krul's saves, its also the fact he looks like he'll command his area and makes his mind up straightaway, also i think his distribution will be better than Harpers and it will certainly be alot quicker!

Harpers a nervous wreck imo, it totally fucks his game.

Krul was briliant without a doubt. Could never understand why he hast been given more of a chance before after the Palermo game.

Never rated Harper he can save a ball if its gifted to him but he is far to wooden and imobile for the Premiership ( or the Championship ).

Edited by pertoon

Very true - aside from the shotstopping heroics he is a very good kicker of a ball and really looks to start attacks straightaway - Harper looks a bit wooden to me and he is prone to hoofing the ball straight out of play

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but he could easily become a Srnicek-style folk hero for us - prone to the odd glaring error but generally an all-round top bloke.

But actually a decent keeper. :lol:

Ashley will have instructed Llambias to find a buyer for him as we speak.

This.

agreed, another asset awaiting to be stripped.

Guest Stevie

Feel bad for Harper, but I'd have to say that he categorically would not have made the saves that Krul did.

Clearly MOTM even though he only played one half.

That's what I said the one where he stayed big and left his hand in the air, certain goal with 80% of keepers including Harper. Looks to me he has a genuine pride in playing for club as well.

Wasn't he on the verge of being sold in recent history (jan transfer window??) to some team back in Holland ?? :lol:

One thing that we must bear in mind is that Krul making these saves indicates numerous chances against us. Add the sitter WBA missed in the first half, and things aren't all rosey in our garden.

Wasn't he on the verge of being sold in recent history (jan transfer window??) to some team back in Holland ?? :lol:

One thing that we must bear in mind is that Krul making these saves indicates numerous chances against us. Add the sitter WBA missed in the first half, and things aren't all rosey in our garden.

Dont forget that WBA are one of the best "footballing" sides in the league. Not a lot of teams will create the same amount of chances that they did. Krul did well, I'm just wondering if we should just chuck him straight into the team right now or is it a bit early?

Having said that, what more does the lad have to do? he's had two first team appearances and he's looked unbelievable in both of them!

So it seems the most popular way to introduce a Krul story in the media right now is "Krul and the Gang"...What do we get if he puts in another good show?

Krul Runnings?

LL Krul J?

I'd read plenty about this lad on here but never seen him before; now I know what all the fuss was about :lol:

He really did look the real deal and if he can keep it up Harper should be back in his favourite bench warming position. Good luck to the lad and I look forward to seeing him develop.

I was doing my CV before when my computer crashed, but it's ok because Tim Krul saved it.

I told this joke before and nobody heard, it's alright though because Tim Krul caught it.

:lol: