Tim Krul Appreciation Thread

khay

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shame is that the management (such as it is) will go straight back to Harper for the next game (injury permitting) and not bring Krul in again if Harper is fit.

I don't think Harper is bad at all, in fact i used to rate him quite highly but in his run of games last season he strugled and he's looked less impressive as time goes on. Krul looks the better shot stopper already, but also looks like he will dominate the area better (with the odd mistake obviously) and his distribution will have to be quicker and more accurate!

The shame is that the management (such as it is) will go straight back to Harper for the next game (injury permitting) and not bring Krul in again if Harper is fit.

I don't think Harper is bad at all, in fact i used to rate him quite highly but in his run of games last season he strugled and he's looked less impressive as time goes on. Krul looks the better shot stopper already, but also looks like he will dominate the area better (with the odd mistake obviously) and his distribution will have to be quicker and more accurate!

That's where he will never win. A few mistakes and some of the crowd will be straight on to him "Useless cunt. Should've kept Harper in" etc etc.

The BBC commentator was a bell end wasn't he?

Reckoned few of the travelling support would have a clue who Krul was. The entire bar was disgusted with him, even before he pulled off some great saves. Rarely has a player had 2 better initial first team starts.

His punching worried me a tad...but no more than Harpers (which led to the goal).

That's where he will never win. A few mistakes and some of the crowd will be straight on to him "Useless cunt. Should've kept Harper in" etc etc.

he'll only cut out those mistakes with experience though and now is the best time to give it to him imo

I say start him on Saturday, harper reminds me of the lion off the wizard of oz, in colour as well. I mean I like him and appreciate the service he's put in but he just seems so nervous at times:

cowardlylion782230.jpg

Edited by Wacky Jnr

People are seeming to forget his handling of crosses is a bit dodgy.

The crosses that stick in my mind are the ones where he plucked the ball out of the air. I forget the last time we had a keeper who did that.

Sure there were mistakes but he's young and still learning. What's more, I don't think he makes anywhere near enough as Harper does.

After his first save I think he got a little excited, but five minutes on from that and he handled the box better than I've seen for a while. We still need a quick centre half alongside Taylor, but with Krul, Taylor and Enrique forming the basis of our defence I feel pretty sure we can handle most of the Championship Team attacks.

After his first save I think he got a little excited, but five minutes on from that and he handled the box better than I've seen for a while. We still need a quick centre half alongside Taylor, but with Krul, Taylor and Enrique forming the basis of our defence I feel pretty sure we can handle most of the Championship Team attacks.

He definitely got excited after that first save, and he missed another cross afterwards, but i agree by and large he handled the box well and as Craig said you remeber him coming and easilly picking off several other crosses. Plus he can only get better with games at his age.

If Ashley wasnt such a cockend we would have had Krul with Taylor, Enrique and Beye at the back, and who knows Big Al may even have talked Bassong into one more year before deciding his future.

The sad fact is Krul probably won't be here very long unless the fortunes of this club on and off the field improve astronomically in the near future. If the management continue to favor Harper over Krul, then he'll be off looking for first team football and if he gets a run in the team and impresses he'll be off to a better team. Either way it'll ultimately be very hard to keep hold of any genuinely promising players at the club if indeed they turn out to be the real deal.

People are seeming to forget his handling of crosses is a bit dodgy.

The crosses that stick in my mind are the ones where he plucked the ball out of the air. I forget the last time we had a keeper who did that.

Sure there were mistakes but he's young and still learning. What's more, I don't think he makes anywhere near enough as Harper does.

spot on. I remember seeing Given taking one cross against Pompey away last season and was shocked. Fantastic seeing Krul going for everything.

I put the small mistakes down to nerves. Check out those gifs that were up the other day-he makes this huge gesture of relief after one of the stops.

The BBC commentator was a bell end wasn't he?

Reckoned few of the travelling support would have a clue who Krul was. The entire bar was disgusted with him, even before he pulled off some great saves. Rarely has a player had 2 better initial first team starts.

His punching worried me a tad...but no more than Harpers (which led to the goal).

Aye, that boiled my piss too. He reckoned that 500 of the away support would never of heard of him - cock.

He rushed in a bit and made some mistakes, but hell, he's only 12 man. I think he got caught up a little which is understandable really.

I'd play him against Reading. Use the game to 'rest' Harper and see how he fairs in a full game with time to prepare beforehand.