Before you leave your lass.........

Smooth Operator

'Tagging plan' for absent fathers

Absent fathers who fail to pay child maintenance could be tagged, made to surrender their passports, forced to carry out community work, and be barred from running their own firms, it has been reported.

The plans are part of a shake-up designed to revamp the Child Support Agency, according to the Daily Mirror.

The newspaper said it had seen documents showing the Department for Work and Pensions was exploring such ideas as removal of passports, disqualification from becoming a company director and restrictions of liberty such as unpaid work or electronically-monitored curfews.

Twelve years after the CSA was set up, about 70% of absent fathers are still believed to be refusing to pay child maintenance, the paper noted.

Leading civil servants are said to have warned Home Secretary Charles Clarke that there should be a "proportionate" balance between the seriousness of the offence and the penalty.

They add that there is a need to recognise criminal safeguards may be necessary where sanctions impose quasi-criminal penalties.

This would mean giving parents the right of appeal before they are punished as well as the chance to appear before special courts.

A spokeswoman for the Department for Work and Pensions said only: "The Department is carrying out a root and branch review of the CSA, but no final decisions have been made."

Twelve years after the CSA was set up, about 70% of absent fathers are still believed to be refusing to pay child maintenance, the paper noted.

53387[/snapback]

A resounding success then? :D

:D

I'll probably get the one for Asprilla's Foreskin by mistake and never be able to travel again  :D  :D  :D

53421[/snapback]

*ahem*

There's not a blemish on my records! I can travel freely as a citizen of good repute. :redcard:

I'll probably get the one for Asprilla's Foreskin by mistake and never be able to travel again  :D  :D  :D

53421[/snapback]

*ahem*

There's not a blemish on my records! I can travel freely as a citizen of good repute. :redcard:

53440[/snapback]

which false passport do you use?

Osama Bin laden's???

I don't have a problem with Identity cards and find the majority of arguments against them a little alarmist, tbh

this shake up however is yet another quick fix, instead of reducing the number of dead-beat-dads, have extra repercussions invented to punish them.

put in the same box as ASBOs in my opinion

'Tagging plan' for absent fathers

Absent fathers who fail to pay child maintenance could be tagged, made to surrender their passports, forced to carry out community work, and be barred from running their own firms, it has been reported.

The plans are part of a shake-up designed to revamp the Child Support Agency, according to the Daily Mirror.

The newspaper said it had seen documents showing the Department for Work and Pensions was exploring such ideas as removal of passports, disqualification from becoming a company director and restrictions of liberty such as unpaid work or electronically-monitored curfews.

Leading civil servants are said to have warned Home Secretary Charles Clarke that there should be a "proportionate" balance between the seriousness of the offence and the penalty.

They add that there is a need to recognise criminal safeguards may be necessary where sanctions impose quasi-criminal penalties.

This would mean giving parents the right of appeal before they are punished as well as the chance to appear before special courts.

A spokeswoman for the Department for Work and Pensions said only: "The Department is carrying out a root and branch review of the CSA, but no final decisions have been made."

53387[/snapback]

Nothing for you to worry about being a Jaffa. Add that to the fact your lass is over 45 and to old to have bairns anyway and you've definitely got nowt to worry about

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Nothing for you to worry about being a Jaffa. Add that to the fact your lass is over 45 and to old to have bairns anyway and you've definitely got nowt to worry about

53668[/snapback]

Like my mother used to tell me when I was a bairn Wacky, had your tongue if you've got nowt constructive to say!

Edited by Smooth Operator

Like my mother used to tell me when I was a bairn Wacky, had your tongue if you've got nowt constructive to say!

53669[/snapback]

Not my fault you're shooting blanks son, makes your user name sound a bit seedless, i mean needless though

images9zl.jpg
Edited by Wacky Jnr

I don't have a problem with Identity cards and find the majority of arguments against them a little alarmist, tbh

53653[/snapback]

You're right of course, the question is whether there is reason for alarm.

53653[/snapback]

53735[/snapback]

£500 a throw (according to Renton) is a canny argument against if you ask me. That would equate to about £30,000,000,000 for the UK if my maths is right.

53653[/snapback]

53735[/snapback]

£500 a throw (according to Renton) is a canny argument against if you ask me. That would equate to about £30,000,000,000 for the UK if my maths is right.

53737[/snapback]

Totally agree - why should we pay such a ridiculous amount for something which the majority of the population doesn't want and an identification process which is flawed.

Tax anyone?? :D

53653[/snapback]

53735[/snapback]

53737[/snapback]

£29,999,999,500 actually.

Craig and Gol wouldnt need one each. Obviously. :D

53653[/snapback]

53735[/snapback]

53737[/snapback]

£29,999,999,500 actually.

Craig and Gol wouldnt need one each. Obviously. :D

53749[/snapback]

Bastid! :D