David O'leary

mikey the eagle

I'm seriously starting to think his agenda is to upset the fans as much as humanly possible.

Ive been thinking that for a while. Ever since the whole "Cockney Mafia" thing Ive thought of him thinking "fuck you then". Any hint of us wanting or not wanting something and he'll do the opposite.

I don't think he has it in for us at all. I think he's come in without any checking and has been completely caught out by our debt. This debt has made him try to be as frugal as possible in an attempt to recoup some cash but relegation has just been the cherry on the cake in knocking him/his finances/or debt for six. The reason no-one is eager to buy us is the debt, plain and simple. Shearer = too expensive, which is the reason he wont get appointed by LardAsh (if he pulls the For Sale sign down).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seriously starting to think his agenda is to upset the fans as much as humanly possible.

Ive been thinking that for a while. Ever since the whole "Cockney Mafia" thing Ive thought of him thinking "fuck you then". Any hint of us wanting or not wanting something and he'll do the opposite.

I don't think he has it in for us at all. I think he's come in without any checking and has been completely caught out by our debt. This debt has made him try to be as frugal as possible in an attempt to recoup some cash but relegation has just been the cherry on the cake in knocking him/his finances/or debt for six. The reason no-one is eager to buy us is the debt, plain and simple. Shearer = too expensive, which is the reason he wont get appointed by LardAsh (if he pulls the For Sale sign down).

Thats pretty much what I think and I reckon the Halls saw Ashley and the credit crunch coming. The banks have stopped lending so even if the Halls and Shep had sat tight on their shares in 2007 we may well be going tits up financially in 2009 anyway.....the club was largely financed on borrowed money,of which the Halls and Shep syphoned off large amounts. Ashley was the only man to buy the club out of fuck knows many who have looked at the books in the past 3 or 4 years becuase he didnt look at the books and shat himself when he realised the state of things left by the previous owners.

I think it's become fashionable to call DOL shit... his team at Leeds played some brilliant stuff, he even got AV to 6th or something... then it all tailed off and he moaned a bit and now he's the worst manager in the world.

he did very well at Leeds but he inherited a very good squad of players from George Graham, and added to that squad by spending outrageous sums on players, his time at Villa is less than impressive and has tainted his reputation, I find him very irritating, he's one from the Megson/Bruce school of whispering arrogance, he might turn out to be a very good manager, but I wish another club would take that risk instead of us.

he did very well at Leeds but he inherited a very good squad of players from George Graham, and added to that squad by spending outrageous sums on players, his time at Villa is less than impressive and has tainted his reputation, I find him very irritating, he's one from the Megson/Bruce school of whispering arrogance, he might turn out to be a very good manager, but I wish another club would take that risk instead of us.

3 years on the scrapheap tells you all you need to know.

lets face facts here

we're nothing more than a championship side now

and one on in turmoil at that

are we going to attract anyone better than o'leary?

Ive got nae idea who you're lot are going to attract but as for us, well its looking likely to be anyone but Shearer.

lets face facts here

we're nothing more than a championship side now

and one on in turmoil at that

are we going to attract anyone better than o'leary?

Ive got nae idea who you're lot are going to attract but as for us, well its looking likely to be anyone but Shearer.

your*

change the tune. it's getting boring now

I dunno, I hear Joe Kinnear is still crazy.

51Yn29163kL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

:lol:

Fuck me, when did that gobshite release a book?

Safe to assume that will be an tissue of absolute lies.

I think i read somewhere that its his book from ages ago but with a section about his time here stuck on the end and re-released

As much as I hate to say it I'd rather O'Leary than what we've at the minute. Unless someone buys the club, which they're not, Shearer ain't coming.

Edited by duo

As much as I hate to say it I'd rather O'Leary than what we've at the minute. Unless someone buys the club, which they're not, Shearer ain't coming.

So would I but I can't help thinking that it's just another deliberate kick in the balls for the fans

Ashley seems to have a penchant for out of touch managers - Keegan, JFK, O'Leary etc. It might make more sense to appoint someone who knows the league we're in and how to get out of it, rather than a washed up smirking has been cheque book manager like DOL.

I've always loathed O'Leary.

Ashley seems to have a penchant for out of touch managers - Keegan, JFK, O'Leary etc. It might make more sense to appoint someone who knows the league we're in and how to get out of it, rather than a washed up smirking has been cheque book manager like DOL.

Lets face it the club is not exactly an attractive prospect at the minute. I think it's more of a case of who'll take the job. At least O'Leary had Leeds playing some decent football and he was quite good at giving the youth players a chance.

Edited by duo

Lets face it the club is not exactly an attractive prospect at the minute. I think it's more of a case of who'll take the job. At least O'Leary had Leeds playing some decent football and he was quite good at giving the youth players a chance.

Daft lad!!

theres a guy out there by the name of...................

ermmmm.......

had on...............

OH YES!! SHEARER!! who would fuckin jump at the chance!!

He's better than Hughton, but he strikes me as a massive, massive wanker. His managerial stints always seem to start very well before a catastrophic drop off in performance where he suddenly turns on the board, players and fans and blames all of those rather than himself.

I had an AV fan describe his period in charge as "the most depressing time ever following Aston Villa". No thanks.

We cant have him because his name does not fit....Simple.

Walking in a Rob Son Wonderland

Shea Rer

Kee Gan

o lear y

walkin in a dreary wonderland

fits perfectly fine for this club :lol:

unfortunately :icon_lol:

O'Dreary's only been any good when he's had money to waste, I'd be a bit let down if we had no other choice than him.

... still, on the up side it's looking like this week will be 'the' week, rumblings are that Ashley's set to accept Moat's bid and high-tail it outta the Toon (allegedly).

Keep everything crossed!

CHrist Almighty!

There are dozens of managers out there that would be better than O Dreary - what has AShley got against us? Is he hoping to collapse the club and put up flats at SJP or sommat??