Sideshow Bob

smoggeordie

I'll be the first to admit when we first signed Coloccini I thought he was going to be mint. Well known and respected international CB, good FM stats and daft hair, he had all the attributes to be a top signing.

How first impressions can be so, so wrong.

Watch the WBA goal again and just have a look at his role in it. Absolute disgrace in conference football, never mind in with the big boys in the Championship.

We should be doing our best to shift him ASAP. Anything over 5million would be superb business.

Fuck the transfer fee, just get the leech off the payroll. He's utter garbage - stood fucking still from the moment that free-kick come in.

I suspect it might have more to do with his attitude than his ability. What's happened with the club can't have helped I guess, not that that's an excuse for a professional.

Can't see him staying for long but I'd hope he'd waive his loyalty payment and reduce his wage demands if he's desperate to leave. Fat chance of that these days, mind.

He'd be decent back in Spain but it was obvious from a mile off that he was completely unsuited to the premiership, especially in a team that itself is not exactly known for it's defensive ability. He's like a poor mans Puyol, who himself wouldn't work that well in the EPL imo.

He'd be decent back in Spain but it was obvious from a mile off that he was completely unsuited to the premiership, especially in a team that itself is not exactly known for it's defensive ability. He's like a poor mans Puyol, who himself wouldn't work that well in the EPL imo.

Presumably the work of the Wise/Jiminez/Vitere dream team :lol:

I'll get slaughtered but I don't care....

He can be a success depending on who comes in as boss, a manager who can boost his clearly fucked confidence and one that wants a guy who can play it from the back and he could be a good player again. If next boss just want two bangers in the back line then obviously he's a dead man

he should stay

Can't afford to be as positionally bad as he is when you're also as slow and non-physical as he is. Has deteriorated since his arrival, which says that a large part of it is confidence. Even still he's not going to get much of a chance in the championship to regain any confidence when opposing teams will be matching him up with their quickest forward.

The sad part is that in terms of numbers (forgetting wages for the moment) we really can't afford to let him go without bringing a replacement in.

I think we should be playing Kadar in the meantime to give him the experience.

Awful again on Saturday. I'd rather have Boumsong!

Between them the worst two central defenders I've seen wear our shirt. And that's saying something...

As for comparing him to Puyol.... :lol:

Shearer almost spat out his name when pointing fingers at responsibility for their goal; almost as if to say 'you're not worth a flying fuck, and I'll do my damnest to get rid of you if I do get the manager's job.'

From my viewpoint at Villa Park, Shearer looked like he wanted to rip his bloody head off when the spineless twat sprinted the fastest he had run all day to get off the pitch after the final whistle!

He only gave a token clap to the fans after Al had obviously shouted at him to do so.

Between them the worst two central defenders I've seen wear our shirt. And that's saying something...

We could have played 3 in the middle of defence Collo, boum and Marcalino :icon_lol:

We could have played 3 in the middle of defence Collo, boum and Marcalino :icon_lol:

Its not just him though is it - Enrique was very average and 3 or 4 clearances were pathetic and nearly resulted in goal chances - Ryan Taylor was never in position and looked one paced and weak in the tackle - you have to feel for steven Taylor as he must of been having kittens every time they crossed the halfway line - he stood up well but I fear he can not do it on his own when the long ball merchants arrive - Collocinni would be manna from heaven for the likes of Sheff Utd

Its not just him though is it - Enrique was very average and 3 or 4 clearances were pathetic and nearly resulted in goal chances - Ryan Taylor was never in position and looked one paced and weak in the tackle - you have to feel for steven Taylor as he must of been having kittens every time they crossed the halfway line - he stood up well but I fear he can not do it on his own when the long ball merchants arrive - Collocinni would be manna from heaven for the likes of Sheff Utd

Enrique was average going forward, but very solid in defense I thought. Ryan Taylor was hopeless.

I agree that Collo had a shocker, not all the time mind, but certainly was at fault for the goal. I just hope he doesnt become another scapegoat and our own fans start to boo him as we have seen in the past. :lol:

Hes shite and thats the end of it.

Now, in the Championship we need defenders who are willing to get a battering and who are no nonsense defenders. We cant afford continental pussying about, flick here and a pass there, fucking get it clear.

I'd actually be tempted to drop Coloccini and play Andy Carroll at CB against Reading.

And i'm not even joking :lol:

He's not very mobile though is he? Yes, I know, Carroll isn't either :icon_lol: