Nokia

Marko

Not with just a specific phone model but with Nokia's in general. I had the 6500 slide and had nothing but trouble with it, the screen image would flip upside down or just go dodgy so you couldn't see a thing you were doing, Sent it off to be repaired, 3 weeks later it was back they replaced the screen, turned it on an started inputting the date and time like most Nokia's tell you to do when you switch them on and the screen started playing up again, sent it off again, was gone for 4 weeks came back and it did it again!

i decided to just live with the problem for the sake of a couple of weeks because I was nearly due an upgrade. After the problems I'd had with my 6500 slide i really did not want another Nokia so i got an LG Cookie, didn't like this phone at all took it back and foolishly I got a 5800 express music (see below) worked fine for a month or so then little things started to go wrong, first thing was that video's stopped playing on it, then the back light would remain on if ever I key locked the phone ultimately draining the battery. Finally one day the phone vibrated on the side of the computer desk for about a minute, turned itself off and wouldn't turn back on again! So this too had to be sent off to be repaired!

Sorry to bombard you with a story there I was just wondering if it was just me being very unlucky or has anybody else had any problems with their nokia phones? I understand that the N95 was prone to multiple problems? Half tempted to sell this on mazuma mobile and buy something else to save an arseache should it break down again

nokia-5800-express-music.jpg

I had an N95 and it was the most infuriating piece of tat I ever did own. It was slow, the battery life was shockingly bad, it would crash half a dozen times over the course of a days use, it would randomly delete photos, messages, call records etc. and introducing any memory card into the mix would see all those problems made ten times worse.

In the end I did exactly what you're thinking of. Sold it on Mazuma mobile for £100, used the money I got to pay off the last three months of my contract and thanks to a mate at O2 got an iPhone on a very good contract. Never looked back.

I had an N95 and it was the most infuriating piece of tat I ever did own. It was slow, the battery life was shockingly bad, it would crash half a dozen times over the course of a days use, it would randomly delete photos, messages, call records etc. and introducing any memory card into the mix would see all those problems made ten times worse.

In the end I did exactly what you're thinking of. Sold it on Mazuma mobile for £100, used the money I got to pay off the last three months of my contract and thanks to a mate at O2 got an iPhone on a very good contract. Never looked back.

Since ive got the 5800 back ive had no issues but im kinda thinking how long will this be the case for! Mazuma can give me about £115 i think it was, was tempted to sell that splash out some money and get one of the new sim free sony ericssons

I had loads of problems with both the Xpress music phones, 5310 and 5610, the 5610 broke, all the buttons went back into the phone, I had only had it for two days, so I took it back got the 5310, I had that for about four days and the screen fucked up on that, so I returned that one too and got another one of the same phone, they wrote on the receipt, "NO MORE RETURNS" which I complained about and they gave me a new one, saying that though I didn't have that phone for long either. Every time I missed a call it would crash so I smashed it of a wall. Never went back to Nokia's since and I don't think I will either.

I've had an n95 for about 16mnths now. no problems at all apart from its froze maybe twice. admittedly the battery is shite like!! does pretty much everything an iphone does (no touch screen tho) and takes gr8 pics/vids.

My 5800 plays up a bit. like for no reason the camera stops working, or the signal will go for a minute or so. but it doesn't turn itself off,

Edited by MJD

It's been the opposite for me.

Sonys have been shit, Nokias haven't.

The only problem I've had with my two most recent Nokias (N95 and N96) has been the signal. If it goes, especially when I'm browsing, it seems to take fucking ages to come back. I assumed this was a T-Mobile thing (UK wide the signal is below par apparently) but I've had mates in the same place on the same network with a different phone, and thiers has come back much quicker.