Northumbria's "Finest"!

The Owld Fecker

In all honesty I couldn't really care less.

I can almost guarantee that if those fans weren't at least acting like complete wankers and disturbing the peace the police would have had nothing to do with them.

They were obviously acting up and they got on the end of a little police brutality.

I just don't buy the same deluded vision as half those daft Sunderland fans. The police aren't perfect and they will make mistakes but a few hundred football fans acting like total wankers because they wear the same colours and have had a few pints is going to encourage the police to make mistakes.

This goes for any support, Newcastle, Sunderland whatever.

If you act like a wanker, the under pressure police officer is bound to treat you like one.

Whether it's right or not, they wont get my sympathy.

I couldn't agree more but, if you had bothered to read the accounts before you attempted to pontificate/make cheap points you would have realised that there were only around 50 SAFC supporters on the "soccer special", who were faced by 20/30 police plus unmuzzled dogs.

I think that negates just about every word you have written!

:lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the police were unprovoked then. :icon_lol:

Innocent mackem angels doing fuck all wrong.

I never said that, because (as, previously, stated) I was not there, so could not pass judgement on this, particular, incident.

You, however, seem happy to continue making a prat of yourself, despite having the same restraint.

C'est la vie!

I never said that, because (as, previously, stated) I was not there, so could not pass judgement on this, particular, incident.

You, however, seem happy to continue making a prat of yourself, despite having the same restraint.

C'est la vie!

Looks as though the other side of the story is getting into the papers: -

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-...-name_page.html

In all honesty I couldn't really care less.

I can almost guarantee that if those fans weren't at least acting like complete wankers and disturbing the peace the police would have had nothing to do with them.

They were obviously acting up and they got on the end of a little police brutality.

I just don't buy the same deluded vision as half those daft Sunderland fans. The police aren't perfect and they will make mistakes but a few hundred football fans acting like total wankers because they wear the same colours and have had a few pints is going to encourage the police to make mistakes.

This goes for any support, Newcastle, Sunderland whatever.

If you act like a wanker, the under pressure police officer is bound to treat you like one.

Whether it's right or not, they wont get my sympathy.

Football fans have been and will continue to be pushed around by the long arm law simply because they're an easy target. The idea that the minute a baton is raise in anger by PC Plod the fan on the receiving end of it must've been doing something wrong has been proven false time and time again. Now they've even taken to shipping people half way across the country using Section 27 prior to matches because they don't like the look of them. I certainly don't think we should just shrug our shoulders and let the police keep doing what they're doing because it's another attack on our civil liberties.

Didn't some of our fans even get set upon outside and inside a pub when on our travels back in the 90s/00s by the rozzers under the pretence we were acting like cocks and fighting the locals when nothing of the sort was happening? IIRC one of the injured lads was from Northumbria Police and he took the force in question to court.

I've no doubt the Mackems were rowdy, singing songs etc. but as i've said before I don't for one minute believe the Mackems saw the police dogs and thought "I fancy a piece of this" before wading into them waving their fists around and kicking them for no apparent reason. It doesn't make sense.

Obviously all this isn't to say that there aren't a minority of fans who cause trouble but by and large it seems to be your average punter who gets the shove in the back/baton across the legs/antagonistic comment in their ear from the police. While the rest of football has moved into the noughties a lot of police still like to think they're in the eighties.

Right, i'm going to stop sticking up for those fuckers now as i'm beginning to feel really, really dirty :lol:

Edited by Ketsbaia

C'est la vie!

I think that the "journalist" responsible for the article (Sophie Doughty) is an absolute disgrace to her profession.

All she has done is to take the NP PR statement (which I linked in my opening post) and then embellish it, but then embedded a video (on the website version) which negates the "thrust" of her own story - witness the "officer" kicking a guy on the floor, the size of the pool of blood (approx. 2/3 feet across) and the attitude of another "officer", late in the video, when he realised he was being filmed!

I would repeat that I have no sympathy for any hooligan (SAFC, NUFC or any other) who sets out to cause trouble because he (or she) deserves everything that comes back but sometimes the police "screw up" and allow their own thugs to run riot.

As I said in my opening post, I was not there but I think that what happened last Saturday is going to have major repercusions for NP.

I just can't see how they can wriggle out of it, no matter how much "spin" they attempt to put on it!

p.s. Ketsbaia, please don't feel too "dirty". I think most genuine guys would feel the same way as I certainly would if "yours" had been subject to the same treatment!

A couple of lads I know (Mackems and Mags) were out on Sat and saw some of the bother - they said that it was evidently the hooly brigade out, and that the 'Mackems' (not Mackem football fans I'd suggest) who were acting the cunts, one of them kicked fuck out the copper's dog, and the copper lost his rag and twatted him over the head leaving him bloody as fuck.

They said both sides were well out of order, but I suppose in a small bit of defence to the copper, if you worked with an animal like that every day and someone attacked it, you'd be tempted to lash out. Problem is, as a copper, you need to justify that and I don't think he could.

Question: Are there any laws regarding the treatment of a police dog in the UK? In the US, if a person fleeing from a police dog turns, shoots and kills the dog but is later apprehended, he will be put up on the same charges as if he was assaulting or killing a human officer.

Given that a police officer left 2 police dogs to die in a vehicle (in hot weather) and he's only (eventually) being prosecuted as normal person would be, probably not.

A couple of lads I know (Mackems and Mags) were out on Sat and saw some of the bother - they said that it was evidently the hooly brigade out, and that the 'Mackems' (not Mackem football fans I'd suggest) who were acting the cunts, one of them kicked fuck out the copper's dog, and the copper lost his rag and twatted him over the head leaving him bloody as fuck.

They said both sides were well out of order, but I suppose in a small bit of defence to the copper, if you worked with an animal like that every day and someone attacked it, you'd be tempted to lash out. Problem is, as a copper, you need to justify that and I don't think he could.

Question: Are there any laws regarding the treatment of a police dog in the UK? In the US, if a person fleeing from a police dog turns, shoots and kills the dog but is later apprehended, he will be put up on the same charges as if he was assaulting or killing a human officer.

Given that a police officer left 2 police dogs to die in a vehicle (in hot weather) and he's only (eventually) being prosecuted as normal person would be, probably not.

Thanks for the answer. And that police officer sounds like an idiot.

p.s. Ketsbaia, please don't feel too "dirty". I think most genuine guys would feel the same way as I certainly would if "yours" had been subject to the same treatment!

Some how I don't believe that had the shoe been on the other foot. Considering i've had a staggering number of your supporters tell me, complete with straight face, that they hope Newcastle United goes into administration and is eventually put out of business (something which is completely beyond the pale IMO) I doubt a bit of a scuffle with the rozzers would get the collective hearts of Sunderland fans bleeding.

In a bizarre way it is a little bit nice to see the press doing a complete diservice to Sunderland fans rather than us.

That law sounds literally insane. Is it a federal law or have just some states got it? How can you get a life sentence (especially bearing in mind life really means life in the US) for killing a dog that's attacking you, regardless of it being a working dog or not? :mellow:

Anyway, watching the video of the aftermath and reading the police comments I can only conclude:

1) It looks like anyone who wanted to avoid trouble could have (but an earlier video might disprove this).

2) Dogs have no place in crowd control situations like this. It's practically animal cruelty.

That law sounds literally insane. Is it a federal law or have just some states got it? How can you get a life sentence (especially bearing in mind life really means life in the US) for killing a dog that's attacking you, regardless of it being a working dog or not? :mellow:

Anyway, watching the video of the aftermath and reading the police comments I can only conclude:

1) It looks like anyone who wanted to avoid trouble could have (but an earlier video might disprove this).

2) Dogs have no place in crowd control situations like this. It's practically animal cruelty.

I don't think that it is a federal law per se, however all the states have pretty much the same law when it comes to the protection of it's law enforcement. BTW, A life sentence quite often does not last life as parole is common.

Guest Stevie
I'm sure the police were unprovoked then. :o

C'est la vie!

:mellow:

Pets should be banned from Wearside, animals looking after animals isn't good.

This post sums it up nicely for me:

Get ower yaselves man. Some people took a slap and were probably acting up. There is no mass conspiracy, the illuminati aren't covering things up, there's no need to get Mulder and Scully in.

When you "took" central it was all fun and games, now you take a shoeing and your bleating on like scousers at a Bulger-Bigley-Dockers memorial.

It's funny that the Chron page has now removed the video and the comments which questioned the version and just left the article with the "Mackem dog hurting scum" tone.

What I find interesting is that Northumbria Police are now changing their tune, whilst attempting to hold the high moral ground.

1) They are now claiming that they had officers injured - Yesterday their press release did not make that claim, stating (only) that Earl, Cleo and her two brothers Floyd and Diesel were battered and bruised after they were kicked by fans intent on violence and stamped on while on the floor.

2) They have, also, now started to claim that They had "intelligence" (contradiction in terms maybe) that there was a planned "meet" between SAFC and NUFC supporters, at Central Station. Now, that is, really, a wierd one as the only SAFC supporters on the train expected it to go directly to Sunderland and not Newcastle - It had been announced that it would at half time, adding that all SAFC supporters were urged to change their previous arrangements and utilise it!

3) They have referred it to the IPCC. They have done that knowing that it was being referred anyway.

Why is it that other police forces seem to have learned that successful managing (policing) is best achieved by adopting a friendly, smiling, helpful approach?

I refer, particularly, to Strathclyde who have to handle Celtic and Rangers fixtures, together with South Wales Police (Cardiff & Swansea).

They don't seem to attract negative publicity, nor have major problems.

Northumbria, South Yorks and The Met seem, though, to have ongoing problems.

I wonder why should that be?

:mellow:

What I find interesting is that Northumbria Police are now changing their tune, whilst attempting to hold the high moral ground.

1) They are now claiming that they had officers injured - Yesterday their press release did not make that claim, stating (only) that Earl, Cleo and her two brothers Floyd and Diesel were battered and bruised after they were kicked by fans intent on violence and stamped on while on the floor.

2) They have, also, now started to claim that They had "intelligence" (contradiction in terms maybe) that there was a planned "meet" between SAFC and NUFC supporters, at Central Station. Now, that is, really, a wierd one as the only SAFC supporters on the train expected it to go directly to Sunderland and not Newcastle - It had been announced that it would at half time, adding that all SAFC supporters were urged to change their previous arrangements and utilise it!

3) They have referred it to the IPCC. They have done that knowing that it was being referred anyway.

Why is it that other police forces seem to have learned that successful managing (policing) is best achieved by adopting a friendly, smiling, helpful approach?

I refer, particularly, to Strathclyde who have to handle Celtic and Rangers fixtures, together with South Wales Police (Cardiff & Swansea).

:o

I'm glad someone finds it interesting :mellow:

Anyway, don't you live in Thailand? Therefore anything you hear is 2nd hand anyway. Bit of a myth to suggest Celtic / Rangers and Cardiff etc. don't have loads of bother as well. Cardiff are notorious for it.

:razz:

I'm glad someone finds it interesting :mellow:

Anyway, don't you live in Thailand? Therefore anything you hear is 2nd hand anyway. Bit of a myth to suggest Celtic / Rangers and Cardiff etc. don't have loads of bother as well. Cardiff are notorious for it.

Aye marra I live in Thailand but have found this crazy!

I made my position clear, in my opening post - http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...t=0&start=0

I have, though, seen "first hand" the way certain police forces treat people, with their only (apparent) crime being that they support a football team and if an INDEPENDENT investigation finds that any of "our lot" were responsible then I will be the first to condemn them.

Regarding your latter points, about Celtic/Rangers/Cardiff/Swansea, it seems that you missed my point.

Why is it that they, very rarely, seem to have problems on their "home turf". Only away?

SAFC supporters were praising Strathclyde to the eyeballs, for their (seemingly - I can't believe that it, really was) relaxed attitude.

No "herding", no "confrontation", just good seemingly good, old fashioned, policing!

Whilst, no doubt, utilising all of the modern facilities available, without them being used in a "confrontational" manner.

But those teams don't just get bother away. Cardiff is a notorious place to visit for away fans. I can't comment on exactly what went on at the Central Station but Sunderland going up to Glasgow would have been strictly small time for the Police up there. A Sunderland friendly ffs :mellow: You might as well point to the amount of NUFC or Sunderland games that pass off without incident. Especially pre-season friendlies. And when there is bother, like in this case, it'll only get talked about locally. Just like when there's bother at Millwall, Cardiff, etc. unless it's a massive incident, which is thankfully very rare now.

Edited by alex

But those teams don't just get bother away. Cardiff is a notorious place to visit for away fans. I can't comment on exactly what went on at the Central Station but Sunderland going up to Glasgow would have been strictly small time for the Police up there. A Sunderland friendly ffs :mellow: You might as well point to the amount of NUFC or Sunderland games that pass off without incident. Especially pre-season friendlies. And when there is bother, like in this case, it'll only get talked about locally. Just like when there's bother at Millwall, Cardiff, etc. unless it's a massive incident, which is thankfully very rare now.

I take your points on board marra, but I've been to Cardiff & Swansea, without feeling intimidated by the police.

Never have I been to Glasgow (for a match) but I hardly think that 2 -3,000 SAFC supporters would be classed as "small time", as it is far more than a large number of SPL teams get playing at home.

It would, I think, be intereresting to see the average number of away supporters attending Rangers/Celtic matches, in the SPL.

Also, if Strathclyde can handle (around) 3,000 without problems (no herding and with smiles) how come Northumbria could not handle 40 to 50, without confrontation?