Northumbria's "Finest"!

The Owld Fecker

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sunderland fans dancing about like arseholes. (Fuck knows about the ones beating the dogs)

The police have an obligation to control them.

:o Tom man! you can`t call standing around with your hands in your pockets "Dancing" man... :mellow:

The Sunderland fans dancing about like arseholes. (Fuck knows about the ones beating the dogs)

:o Tom man! you can`t call standing around with your hands in your pockets "Dancing" man... :mellow:

You can in indie clubs.

:razz: Tom man! you can`t call standing around with your hands in your pockets "Dancing" man... :o

You can in indie clubs.

:mellow:

But those teams don't just get bother away. Cardiff is a notorious place to visit for away fans. I can't comment on exactly what went on at the Central Station but Sunderland going up to Glasgow would have been strictly small time for the Police up there. A Sunderland friendly ffs :mellow: You might as well point to the amount of NUFC or Sunderland games that pass off without incident. Especially pre-season friendlies. And when there is bother, like in this case, it'll only get talked about locally. Just like when there's bother at Millwall, Cardiff, etc. unless it's a massive incident, which is thankfully very rare now.

I take your points on board marra, but I've been to Cardiff & Swansea, without feeling intimidated by the police.

Never have I been to Glasgow (for a match) but I hardly think that 2 -3,000 SAFC supporters would be classed as "small time", as it is far more than a large number of SPL teams get playing at home.

It would, I think, be intereresting to see the average number of away supporters attending Rangers/Celtic matches, in the SPL.

Also, if Strathclyde can handle (around) 3,000 without problems (no herding and with smiles) how come Northumbria could not handle 40 to 50, without confrontation?

:o

How about because there's no particular history of violence between Sunderland fans and Rangers/Celtic? How about because some of those 40-50 were known hooligans bent on trouble in their rivals city? I'm not saying this is necessarily the case but it could have been, and that's what's been reported.

What I find interesting is that Northumbria Police are now changing their tune, whilst attempting to hold the high moral ground.

1) They are now claiming that they had officers injured - Yesterday their press release did not make that claim, stating (only) that Earl, Cleo and her two brothers Floyd and Diesel were battered and bruised after they were kicked by fans intent on violence and stamped on while on the floor.

2) They have, also, now started to claim that They had "intelligence" (contradiction in terms maybe) that there was a planned "meet" between SAFC and NUFC supporters, at Central Station. Now, that is, really, a wierd one as the only SAFC supporters on the train expected it to go directly to Sunderland and not Newcastle - It had been announced that it would at half time, adding that all SAFC supporters were urged to change their previous arrangements and utilise it!

3) They have referred it to the IPCC. They have done that knowing that it was being referred anyway.

Police PR rulebook page one, worry if they get to page three.....

I think the trouble is that to other people, 40 or 50 pissed tattooed blokes look threatening even if they're just mulling over their own private thoughts. Once they start shouting and chanting it's pretty fucking unpleasant if you're outside of a controlled environment like a football stadium.

I can't believe how quick they are to complain about intimidation when it goes tits up.