Who's next to be sold?

Geordiejihad

Fatty has a short while before he pulls up the drawbridge that was the Sale of the club/end of yet another transfer window...personally , i think Krul , Taylor (S), Jonas will be gone. Fatty will allow a couple of Spurs Yooth in on loan ( next to no wages) and we will have been hoodwinked again. Question is - how many more times will the fat prick pull the same trick before 25, 000 thick Geordies wake up and keep their money in their pockets?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sale Coloccini and or Jonas would be of little negative consequence to the squad in my opinion.

Apart from making it even thinner,I agree. I don't think either would work for us in the Championship and if we could replace them I'd be ecstatic.

The sale Coloccini and or Jonas would be of little negative consequence to the squad in my opinion.

Jonas can be replaced, but not sure that Colloccini can be. I think it might be a naive to suggest that Kadar is a replacement for an Argentinian international defender with vast experience, despite how shit he's been. And if he was sold, one injury and we are properly in the kids.

Krul. Apparently Arsenal made an inquiry last month and are sending a scout to watch the U21 match tonight.

Toon keeper in demand

Several Premier League clubs check on Dutch shot-stopper

A host of clubs a ready to try and prise Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul away from St James' Park, skysports.com understands.

Krul produced an outstanding performance as he came off the bench in Newcastle's Championship opener against West Brom.

The 21-year-old Dutchman was only playing his second game for Newcastle a the Hawthorns, but he has enjoyed first-team experience while on loan with Falkirk and Carlisle.

Now the likes of Arsenal, Portsmouth, Wigan, Hull City and local rivals Sunderland are taking a keen interest.

It is understood up to half-a-dozen Premier League clubs will dispatch scouts to check on Krul during the England Under-21 clash with Holland in Groningen on Tuesday evening.

Newcastle are keen to keep hold of Krul, although they already have Steve Harper as No.1 and Frazer Forster to come in, so could be prepared to talk if the right offer comes in.

SSN

We all suspected that Ashleys aim was to buy em cheap and make a high return on sales of those that turned out to be decent. This fits that bill nicely. Except that he is used to the mark up from his failing sports stores and not football. The price for Given was a joke and I think Beye and Bassong should have went for more. Mind, got more for Martins than I expected which was odd. Still a loss on the purchase though.

Fatty has a short while before he pulls up the drawbridge that was the Sale of the club/end of yet another transfer window...personally , i think Krul , Taylor (S), Jonas will be gone. Fatty will allow a couple of Spurs Yooth in on loan ( next to no wages) and we will have been hoodwinked again. Question is - how many more times will the fat prick pull the same trick before 25, 000 thick Geordies wake up and keep their money in their pockets?

And be accused accused of being fickle by the massed ranks of journos slavering at the next chance to give us a kicking? The thing is its them who first gave us this bullshit "best fans in the world" tag in the 90s and now all they want to do is annihilate those among us who beleived the hype and repeat it on demand for sky or talkshite. They want it both ways the double dealing cunts and am just waiting for the usual suspects to get their pre-written "crowds are down at sjp..they're all twats!" pieces out sometime in late August.And needless to say some among us can't live without watching overpaid morons in shorts run around once or twice a week for the good of our spiritual health :lol:

I think Ashley is trying to push those desperate to leave into a corner so they get desperate and slap a transfer request in so he doesn't have to pay their contracts up......so expect nothing until the last week in August when most of the big earners will leave and we'll get a couple of bairns from spurs and fuck all else.

Southampton tried to do it this way last season and they're now in whatever the fuck divi 3 is called nowadays.

really cant see krul leaving tbh i honestly think he likes it here as deluded as that may be!

As did Given and Bassong.

Totally different stages of their career. It's best for him to be a starter in the championship, rather than a sub in the Premierleague

Stands to reason there'll be someone in for Jonas and Sideshow Berb, on the basis it's a distressed sale so they'll cost next to nowt. Stumbling block will be wages but you'd think they'd want to get away.

It'll be Krul. Which IMO will be a bigger loss to us than Given. :mellow:

agreed, bit rough round the edges, but a wonderfully instinctive keeper. better than harper in my opinion....

And Harper's getting on. Would you be tempted to flog Harper and promote Krul to No 1?

agreed, bit rough round the edges, but a wonderfully instinctive keeper. better than harper in my opinion....

And Harper's getting on. Would you be tempted to flog Harper and promote Krul to No 1?

I would. with forster as no.2

I would. with forster as no.2

Ditto, I don't think we'll get a lot of money for Harper, but the money is more valuable to us than his experience.

I think the key is to play Krul - if he just sits on the bench he's bound to jump at the chance to sit on the bench at Arsenal or somewhere similar. However, if he is promoted ahead of Harper he would have the advantage of first team football, should he stay.

It'd be harsh on Harper but at 34 he is not the future.

I think the key is to play Krul - if he just sits on the bench he's bound to jump at the chance to sit on the bench at Arsenal or somewhere similar. However, if he is promoted ahead of Harper he would have the advantage of first team football, should he stay.

It'd be harsh on Harper but at 34 he is not the future.

Sell Harper.

I agree that Krul should get a start next week, cant see it happening though. I've pretty much never seen Hughton make any drastic changes.

If Harper is fit you can guarentee Hughton will start him, and continue to do so regardless of his form in games, just as you can bet we'll see Butt back in the team as soon as they can shove him in there because he has experience and to them that is always best.

I did read an interview with one of our players, may havebeen Smith, who was saying Harper might not be fot for Sat as you have to give it a week or so after that kind of head injury just to be safe. If so we may yet see Krul get another game and if he's the star again the pressure to keep picking him will hopefully build.