Lee Cattermole

Marko

LEE CATTERMOLE could be a Sunderland player in time for the Premier League kick-off.

Sunderland and Wigan have been locked in talks over the last 24 hours and sources in the North-West say that a deal – worth around £9 million – is virtually done.

The Black Cats originally had a bid for the England Under-21 international midfielder rejected by the Latics last month.

But Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has never given up hope of convincing his old club to part with the man he signed for Wigan from Middlesbrough last summer for £3.5m.

And now it seems Bruce will get his wish, as his successor at the DW Stadium Roberto Martinez is willing to let Cattermole go in order to finance his own squad rebuilding programme.

Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/sunde...72703-24380740/

i'm stunned. £9m. Newcastle have been slated in the past for paying over the odds but..... fucking hell!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Canny player imo. I've thought this for a while too as 2J has often laughed at me in the past for it :mellow:

Really? I've always thought he's been fucking terrible. No footballing skill what so ever. His job at Wigan was to simply stop the opposition by any means possible, Barton, Beye and was it Emnes? he caused bad injuries too last year. He's a complete thug with absolutely nothing (in a football sense) about him.

Canny player imo. I've thought this for a while too as 2J has often laughed at me in the past for it :mellow:

Really? I've always thought he's been fucking terrible. No footballing skill what so ever. His job at Wigan was to simply stop the opposition by any means possible, Barton, Beye and was it Emnes? he caused bad injuries too last year. He's a complete thug with absolutely nothing (in a football sense) about him.

He's a thug aye, but that doesn't make him shite. I thought he was canny player when he first broke into the Boro team. He's done well since he's moved on. It's a lot of money but young English players always have inflated fees.

Digard.

He's a nasty piece of work, the sort you hate to play against but love when they play for you.

I hate him, infact if i would be allowed to ban 1 player in the world it would be this guy. His job was always to knock up players, piss them off, and not get sent off. Still, a cynical player who is useful. If i was a dictator id have thrown him in the dungeon for ruining the game :mellow:

I hate him, infact if i would be allowed to ban 1 player in the world it would be this guy. His job was always to knock up players, piss them off, and not get sent off. Still, a cynical player who is useful. If i was a dictator id have thrown him in the dungeon for ruining the game :mellow:

Are you from Norton?

He's a spoiler and a cunt to boot.

this and there are very few spoilers in world football who are good enough players to warrant a 9m fee

he isnt one of them

I hate him, infact if i would be allowed to ban 1 player in the world it would be this guy. His job was always to knock up players, piss them off, and not get sent off. Still, a cynical player who is useful. If i was a dictator id have thrown him in the dungeon for ruining the game :o

Are you from Norton?

Norway :mellow:

Guest Stevie
There's people on this forum worth £5m if he's worth £9m.

Horray i knew i was worth more than shola

Maybe you are, in hindsight though one of my pet hates is referring to myself as the third party.

What has Lee Cattermole done to merit that price tag? Has he finished top scorer in the NABC Under 13, 14 and 16 leagues as well as Tyneside Sunday Leagues Division One and Two, and the Astrofade District Welfare League? Has he fuck.

I hate him, infact if i would be allowed to ban 1 player in the world it would be this guy. His job was always to knock up players, piss them off, and not get sent off. Still, a cynical player who is useful. If i was a dictator id have thrown him in the dungeon for ruining the game :razz:

Are you from Norton?

Norway :mellow:

Ah! :o

To be honest as desolate shitholes still scarred by the mining industry go, Sunderland and Wigan probably quite close!

And after living in Middlesbrough I doubt he gives a fuck about locations :mellow:

Edit : Can't the Bent fee rise to £16.5m?

Guest Stevie
To be honest as desolate shitholes still scarred by the mining industry go, Sunderland and Wigan probably quite close!

And after living in Middlesbrough I doubt he gives a fuck about locations :mellow:

Edit : Can't the Bent fee rise to £16.5m?

He just needs to play for a Birmingham, Liverpool and Hull City side and he'll have the full house.

Signed.

£6m is alright I suppose.

Good god, I am shocked and need to lie down.

That has to be the first sensible, none hate filled post, I can remember seeing from you.

Welcome to the Damascus road.

We'll, presumably, be seeing you in an SAFC top, as the next stage in your conversion!

:mellow: