• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm being pedantic, it should be:

sudo userdel -r Barotelli

:lol:

Not if you're already the root user.

:icon_lol:

No decent admin worth their salt logs in as root unless they absolutely have too. :lol:

aye - should be disabled and accessed only via su :unsure:

Brilliant news :unsure:

Campbell Completes Transfer to Newcastle

0,,10278~8928180,00.jpg

Newcastle United are delighted to confirm the signing, on a one-year contract, of Sol Campbell.

Sol, who will wear the number 5 shirt at St. James' Park, said:

"At this stage of my career I couldn't have wished for a better move. To join a club such as Newcastle United, with its proud tradition, heritage and magnificent support, is absolutely tremendous for me.

"I'd like to thank Chris Hughton for putting his faith in me and aim to repay him and the supporters by giving everything I possibly can to help re-establish this great club in the top-tier of English football.

He added: "I just want to play and can't wait to get started. There's a real buzz about the place and that's great. I've played at St. James' Park numerous times and always found it a fantastic place to play, there's always a tremendous atmosphere

"Chris will focus everyone together and get the team ready for the season, it's nice seeing Colin Calderwood too having played with him at Tottenham.

"Getting out on to the training pitch this morning will be a wonderful feeling!"

Manager Chris Hughton added:

"I have known Sol since he was a lad at Tottenham and am fully aware of what he has to offer. That is experience, quality, calm assurance and leadership. He's a dedicated professional, a terrific addition to the squad, and I look forward to working with him again."

Campbell, 35, was with Arsenal at the end of last season, making 11 Premier League appearances which took him on to 496 career games in the Premier League, the fourth highest on record behind David James, Ryan Giggs and Gary Speed.

A former captain of the England team, for whom he made 73 appearances, Sol has the unique distinction of appearing in six consecutive major international tournaments for England; the European Championships of 1996, 2000 and 2004 plus the World Cup Finals of 1998, 2002 and 2006.

Domestically, Sol began his career at Tottenham, whom he joined as a 14-year old, before enjoying moving on to Arsenal and Portsmouth. An extensive trophy cabinet contains two Premier League titles, four FA Cup winners medals and one League Cup winners medal.

• 1 year later...

its hardly earth shattering, making it clear hes available for punditry work for the euros?

one of the best defenders Ive seen in his day mind you

Just saw his hard won retirement interview.

What a massive wanker he is.

"Yeah like all top athletes around the world, it's really hard to let go of life at the top".

Then you must have had at least 5 years of abject misery, you poor soul.