Sol Campbell?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As his standards got lower, his shorts just got higher.

If that happens to Clattermole he'll be strutting round the pitch wearing nothing but a headband

For us he was useless but Sol Campbell was a great defender. Had everything you wanted. Strength, aerial ability and could bully strikers. If you were a striker up against him then you knew it was going to take something special to beat him in his prime.

Great defender, Arsenal let him go far too soon as he proved at Portsmouth. At his best was better than Rio and JT as far as I'm concerned.

No question about it.

He's a gready bar steward with the morals of a rat.

Up there as one of Newcastle's worst ever signings,but at his peak he was second to none.

I hope he gives something back to football, but I doubt he will.

Forgot he played for us until I saw this thread, it was only last season as well! Wish Roeder had signed him when he left Arsenal the first time instead of him going to Portsmouth.

Would have been a fantastic signing. Roeder was probably compiling another report about Kuyt at the time though.

Went a long way to getting Hughton the tin tac.

Hardly. Hughton got the sack because he was a bit too pally with the likes of Barton and Nolan

Speaking of Sol being a top end athlete :lol:

article-1310062-0A9D1A6C000005DC-464_306x423.jpg

Great defender, Arsenal let him go far too soon as he proved at Portsmouth. At his best was better than Rio and JT as far as I'm concerned.

He wasn't better than Rio at his best like. When they were both at their best, Rio was without any doubt one of the best in the world, THE best in some eyes 5 or 6 years ago. Campbell was good, and had a calm assurance about him, but his distribution, touch and overall capabilities weren't like Rio Ferdinand's at his best. He was far from a top athlete with us as well, more Tubby Johnson than Ben Johnson.

He wasn't better than Rio at his best like. When they were both at their best, Rio was without any doubt one of the best in the world, THE best in some eyes 5 or 6 years ago. Campbell was good, and had a calm assurance about him, but his distribution, touch and overall capabilities weren't like Rio Ferdinand's at his best. He was far from a top athlete with us as well, more Tubby Johnson than Ben Johnson.

still, better than Terry I think.

at everything

at everything

at everything

Aye I'd go along with that. Terry worked hard at making the most of what he had though, even though he's a cunt, he's a hard brave cunt. Remember that Cup Final in Cardiff when everyone thought he was dead. He didn't even lose any teeth.