Sol Campbell?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Hamann. Not massively quick, but he never was. Reads the game so well and has a very cultured delivery.

centre midfield is the only position where we have strength in depth.

and ZERO quality!

the opportunity to get Hamann, a champions league winner and someone who has proven that he can play good football at SJP would be one not to miss. He can also PASS a ball, something our midfield has been lacking for years. He would also prove a great mentor to the likes of Guthrie and other youngsters in how to control a football game and channel aggression positively (*ackem Barton take note). He would be a fantastic player for any team, especially in this league.

back to the topic, if we sign campbell, he could make this defence one of the best in the league. How I wish he had a chance of doing that a few years ago =(

Edited by bassplayerjj

What about Hamann. Not massively quick, but he never was. Reads the game so well and has a very cultured delivery.

and ZERO quality!

Barton is good. Guthrie will do well that this level. Smith has impressed so far and thats not forgetting Nicky Fucking Butt (ok, ill give you that one) and Kevin Nolan. Hamman would be an unnecessary addition in my opinion.

I think most clubs in this division would love to have the option of Barton, Butt, Guthrie(who I think will have a good season), Smith, Geremi and Nolan in the centre of midfield.

Seeing that list actually, we could easily get shot of a couple of those players.

Saw earlier that City are trying to swap Lescott for Richie Dunne and £18m. May be a chance for us to keep Saylor.

Bit harsh on Dunne IMO. He was a donkey years ago, but KK got him off the booze and he's being treated like crap by City(got a text off Hughes during the summer saying that he was free to find another club).

He'd be a solid addition to nearly any premiership defence.

and ZERO quality!

Barton is good. Guthrie will do well that this level. Smith has impressed so far and thats not forgetting Nicky Fucking Butt (ok, ill give you that one) and Kevin Nolan. Hamman would be an unnecessary addition in my opinion.

Barton is box to box and the best passer we have but the rest are no more than industrious. Not an ounce of guile and creativity which i would call 'quality'. A midfield pairing of barton and smith would suffice but we would do so much better with a ball player in there...hamman would fit the bill temporarily but if a takeover is completed id love to see skjelbred here.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

See when kk signed guthrie he said he had the potential to be like rob lee, a tall order to follow. Lee used the ball very well and chipped in with a few goals too, guthrie does show glimpses of that promise but to get anywhere near that he needs a good run in the side. Something i dont think CH would have the balls to do...he needs a good manager to nurture him.

i'd welcome dunne and hamman - the sort of expierienced old pros that will help a promotion push

Like we could sign Dunne ffs.

Oh come on surely Dunne would come and then maybe John Terry and lets not forget that Pato kid!!

:icon_lol:

Campbell is good enough to be able to play the ball and not just welly it out of defence - and FFS he must have better positional sense than Coloccini.......................

I tried to play CB once and I didnt have a fucking clue what I was doing. Colocinni looks the same, unsure whether to close down or back off, follow this man or that man, tackle or stand up. He just ends up patrolling no mans land between the attacker and the keeper. He looks like hes never played there in his life at times

He just looks like your typical 'continental' (I know he's fucking Argentinian :icon_lol: ) -style sweeper to me. He's nowhere near as bad as some peopleare making him out to be but he needs a big strong CB alongside him. Even then he isn't particularly suited to English football. It makes you wonder how whoever scouted him couldn't see that.

i'd welcome dunne and hamman - the sort of expierienced old pros that will help a promotion push

Like we could sign Dunne ffs.

Oh come on surely Dunne would come and then maybe John Terry and lets not forget that Pato kid!!

Aye, more chance of signing Pato Banton :icon_lol:

Chris is saying that he's heard nothing of Campbell coming to us and likewise denied that Taylor's leaving. Poor bloke's right out of the loop isn't he?