Sol Campbell?

Richard Dunne is hopeless. I hope that goes through. :icon_lol:

He's different class to Steven Taylor tbf, who you seem to rate highly.

I'd disagree with that. Dunne would get roasted by the fans after all his high profile clangs he made last season. I think he has had 1-2 good seasons in his career and none before Taylors current age.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard Dunne is hopeless. I hope that goes through. :icon_lol:

He's different class to Steven Taylor tbf, who you seem to rate highly.

I'd disagree with that. Dunne would get roasted by the fans after all his high profile clangs he made last season. I think he has had 1-2 good seasons in his career and none before Taylors current age.

I agree about the bit re: his current age. But Dunne is a better cb imo.

Dunne was another Titus Bramble up until Keegan had a word with him around 5 or so seasons ago. I think most Citeh fans would say he's been their best player every season, ever since.

A number of consistent performances resulted in Dunne receiving Manchester City's Player of the Year award for 2004/05, which he also won in the 2005-6, 2006-7 and 2007-8 seasons, becoming the first person to win City's PotY award four times.

Hasnt he been sent off the most times in Premiership history - along with Ferguson & Vieira. Dunne isn't even dirty........

Not sure, but that makes him shit? So, by that reckoning, Vieira was shit as well then?

Hasnt he been sent off the most times in Premiership history - along with Ferguson & Vieira. Dunne isn't even dirty........

Not sure, but that makes him shit? So, by that reckoning, Vieira was shit as well then?

Nah, my point was Vieira and Ferguson were short tempered players and the majority of their offences were probably down to that.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Nah, my point was Vieira and Ferguson were short tempered players and the majority of their offences were probably down to that.

Well, more to the point, you don't win player of the year four years in a row at your club if you're shit, do you? And you were the one who said he was shit.

Edited by alex

Richard Dunne is anything but shit and a million miles better than any defender we've currently got on our books.

Correctomundo.

Actually, thinking about it, I think Dunne is probably the sort of standard that Taylor can hope to emulate. He's never gonna be as good as Vidic or Terry etc but if he progresses from the improvements shown in the second half of last season I reckon he could end up being of a similar standard to Dunne, a generally reliable centre half, commanding enough but still prone to the occasional mistakes and giving away penalties too often.

I'd take Campbell in a heartbeat. Regardless of whether or not we sell Colo/Saylor etc. He'd cost us nowt and we dont have to pay him loads. He'd provide cover, could/should play alongside Saylor and might even help to sort Colo out should we keep him.

Only need to give him a 1yr contract with the option of a 2nd.

Sol Campbell weighing up switch to... Notts County!

Last modified 23:24 18/08/09 Exclusive by James Nursey

Recommend

Sol Campbell is seriously considering an amazing switch to Notts County after being offered a player/coach role by Sven Goran Eriksson.

Former England defender Campbell, 34, had initially been cool on a move to League Two with County after having interest from Hull City and Newcastle.

But ambitious County have gone back with an improved offer - and his former England boss Eriksson is ready to give him a chance to break into coaching.

Ex-Arsenal and Tottenham defender Campbell is a free agent after snubbing a new contract at Portsmouth.

Campbell wanted to stay in the top flight to keep alive his hopes of going to next summer’s World Cup. But it is believed Hull are no longer in the running while Newcastle’s ownership is uncertain.

But Campbell now also fears that his World Cup dream be unrealistic under England boss Fabio Capello and is seriously considering County’s offer.

Ambitious County, who have got off to a flying start after Eriksson became director of football

About to sign for Notts County apparently.

Probably be down to ashley offering him a piss poor contract and we're being out done by Notts County!

I suppose thats a good thing, considering our history of inflated wages for adequate players.

Probably be down to ashley offering him a piss poor contract and we're being out done by Notts County!

Sad thing is, that's probably true! If we can't even sign a player on a free that is apparently keen on a move who are we going to sign?

My prediction is nobody before January...

I suppose thats a good thing, considering our history of inflated wages for adequate players.

I mean obviously i wouldn't be offering him a fortune, with the risk of injury at his age etc. but Ashley porbably took the piss and with 1 or both of Taylor and Colo still likely to go we had to try and tie up this deal imo.