Sol Campbell?

I find it hard to believe they are paying in £60k per week.

That said, I bet Svennis is on a fucking fortune there.

You mean to suggest he's gone there for other reasons than his love of Notts County? :icon_lol:

I don't believe it, not Sven :icon_lol:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean to suggest he's gone there for other reasons than his love of Notts County? :icon_lol:

Same reason as Sol I reckon :icon_lol:

Same reason as Sol I reckon :nufc:

Surely not - lifelong fans according to some County fans... :icon_lol:

I'm sure there's entire squads in league two who won't earn that p/w between them.

(The average league two footballer earned £49,600 per annum in 2006)

60k? That can't be true. I'm sure there's some strict rules in place now about the wages/turnover ratio in the football league.

Not saying he'll definitely be on 60k btw, but is that players' wages? Could you get round the rules by making someone a player/coach perhaps?

60k? That can't be true. I'm sure there's some strict rules in place now about the wages/turnover ratio in the football league.

I was sure there'd be some strict rules in place about the right and proper running of a football club :icon_lol:

I was sure there'd be some strict rules in place about the right and proper running of a football club :icon_lol:

You can be certain there isn't, but if there was, I'm sure it would be known as 'The Ashley Clause'.

£60/wk for a 34yr old - no thanks. We're trying to offload our high earners. He would have been a good shout at lower wages, but he's not worth anytihng like that now, with or without a transfer fee.

I'm sure campbell is having a good laugh at the mugs who actually thought he'd come here. Again.

Yeah, I bet that's what he's thinking about now. That and contemplating just how you manage to have so much sussed out.

I've only just caught up with this.... 5 year deal??? 5 year deal!!!!!!!!! :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Course he's gone there for the football and all that.....

I've only just caught up with this.... 5 year deal??? 5 year deal!!!!!!!!! :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Anyone know for certain if it's playing or playing/coaching? I've heard people say both but playing seems absolutely mad, he's 34 already!

Surely if the Notts plan works, that would mean Campbell in the premiership aged 38 or 39. Hardly forward planning...

Anyone know for certain if it's playing or playing/coaching? I've heard people say both but playing seems absolutely mad, he's 34 already!

Surely if the Notts plan works, that would mean Campbell in the premiership aged 38 or 39. Hardly forward planning...

Either way. They've made him the highest paid player outside the Premier League. It's insane for an over the hill player or an inexperienced coach.

Its a shame we've missed out but big wages and 5 years, thats not soemthing we could have offered these days! However had he only wanted say 1 or 2 years on reasonable wages, you can bet ashley still would have fucked it up!

• 4 weeks later...