THE CCC is going to be a walk in the park................

accadacca

Whether or not Ashley sells before 31/8 or not, this season is going to be a piece of piss. I said this in earlier posts and got shot down - who's having the last laugh now eh ?

The CCC is very very poor with no one to match even the threadbare 16 man squad that is currently in operation.

The midfield is as solid as owt with Butt and Guthrie to cover Nolan/Barton/Smith/Spider.

The defence looks solid enough and the cover is there now with Simpson and even Geremi plus Kadar is ready to come in.

Upfront, Carroll looks the part, whilst CCC is Ameobi's level - he'll get 15-20 this season easy.

The club will be sold this week and changes will occur just in time so its onwards and upwards - nee bother.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether or not Ashley sells before 31/8 or not, this season is going to be a piece of piss. I said this in earlier posts and got shot down - who's having the last laugh now eh ?

The CCC is very very poor with no one to match even the threadbare 16 man squad that is currently in operation.

The midfield is as solid as owt with Butt and Guthrie to cover Nolan/Barton/Smith/Spider.

The defence looks solid enough and the cover is there now with Simpson and even Geremi plus Kadar is ready to come in.

Upfront, Carroll looks the part, whilst CCC is Ameobi's level - he'll get 15-20 this season easy.

The club will be sold this week and changes will occur just in time so its onwards and upwards - nee bother.

:blink:

How old are you?? 16??

This league is anything but a piece of piss.

The team out on Wednesday will not be the same one out today, come the end of the month and I dread to think what it will look like. You just had to take a look at Taylor doing his rounds at the end, normally hes smiling and giving it large when we'd won, not yesterday the kid was nearly blubbing, thats because hes gone, he knows it was his last game for us.

Lose him from the back and suddenly Sideshow Bob looks a lot dodgier.

All our players managed to achieve yesterday is additional interest in their price tags. Even Shola may now become an interesting proposition for some Premiership club.

Walkover? bollocks.

I think the team is looking good at the minute because of the motivation / passion of Smith / barton. Lose either of them to injury or suspension and let butt sneak in and we will be back to toothless wonders.

Some of the one touch football ( jonas aside) was excellent yesterday and will only get better as confidence grows and runs are made in anticipation of the first time pass.

Keep these key players in the team and things could go really well. IMO this one touch play is where smith and bartons class ooze through.

I think Butt would be fine as long as he just has to sit in front of the back four, i.e. do what Smith is doing. After all, he looked a considerably better midfielder than Smith in the Premier League.

I think the team is looking good at the minute because of the motivation / passion of Smith / barton. Lose either of them to injury or suspension and let butt sneak in and we will be back to toothless wonders.

Some of the one touch football ( jonas aside) was excellent yesterday and will only get better as confidence grows and runs are made in anticipation of the first time pass.

Keep these key players in the team and things could go really well. IMO this one touch play is where smith and bartons class ooze through.

I think Butt would be fine as long as he just has to sit in front of the back four, i.e. do what Smith is doing. After all, he looked a considerably better midfielder than Smith in the Premier League.

fading mobility counts against him. his passing selection also concerns me. not that smith is quick btw. just a better user of the ball perhaps. one and 2 touch seems to work for him if he has runners working for him.

Prefer smiths harrying and crunching tackles.

I like the look of Smith, he's found his level basically, and he's looked quality just picking up the bits in there. I was sticking up for Butt though, who is a better midfielder and would do well there too.

The team out on Wednesday will not be the same one out today, come the end of the month and I dread to think what it will look like. You just had to take a look at Taylor doing his rounds at the end, normally hes smiling and giving it large when we'd won, not yesterday the kid was nearly blubbing, thats because hes gone, he knows it was his last game for us.

Lose him from the back and suddenly Sideshow Bob looks a lot dodgier.

All our players managed to achieve yesterday is additional interest in their price tags. Even Shola may now become an interesting proposition for some Premiership club.

Walkover? bollocks.

Makes me sick, they dont have to go, they can say no to the big money move.

Doubt he'll be getting more money. It's not his fault he's moving on. He'd be an absolute mug to turn the move down but he's bound to have mixed emotions about the move.

Have you ever been interviewed as a 'typical Geordie fan' by Sky Sports? Sounds like a SSN Rent-a-mong to me.

I thought he did quite well. You'd expect him to at this level though. I think he's wasted on the right however.

I couldn't understand that myself. Needs to be in the centre of the park.

bartons class ooze through.

Was I watching a different game yesterday (and every other game he's played for us)?

Because I can't see it.

I thought he our best player yesterday.

Think he has the chance to achieve real good memorable things here, particularly if the takeover goes through.

It all depends how strong the ties are. Le tiss at southhampton etc.

While I know it's always got to be the aim, I am already more excited about this season and "enjoying" the break from the pre decided prem. I have know idea whether we will get promoted or relegated and I like that.

Is he expected to wait for the takeover to go through like and put his career on hold?

fading mobility counts against him. his passing selection also concerns me. not that smith is quick btw. just a better user of the ball perhaps. one and 2 touch seems to work for him if he has runners working for him.

I don't think he's any less mobile than Smith or any worse at using the ball. Better in fact. Smith's only looked like a midfielder who could do a job since we've gone down.

Ho wwill it be a walk in the park? More so when you think that as each week goes by the players you mention will be sold. Jonas, Enrique, Collocini, Taylor, Duff. Would not surprise me to see all of those leave. Oh, and Butt it shite :blink: