Usain Bolt

Tooj

:blink:

Also a special mention to Jessica Ennis, not just for her great sporting achievement but simply for the fact I want to lock her away in a basement and do naughty things to her. :razz:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As fast as he is, I've never seen him race and look like he's given 100%

Just had that same conversation , he even looked like he was easing off again towards the end of the race :blink:

isn't there a rather non standard approach to drug testing in the Windies??? just asking.................

I'm pretty sure that the IAAF do though.

The Jamaicans have, however, been at the centre of the intensive drug-testing regime during these Olympics. Bolt's test after his victory was his seventh since he arrived and officials within the Jamaican camp were known to be unhappy about the scrutiny their athletes had come under.

Don Anderson, the chef de mission, said the team had endured an "extremely unusual" number of drug tests in Beijing. Speaking before the start of the athletics programme, he said the team had been tested 32 times in five days.

Just co clear that up for you Rob.

Looks to have the potential to go a canny bit quicker as well. Mental. You have to feel for Tyson Gay as well. To run that time and to still get well beaten.

Looks to have the potential to go a canny bit quicker as well. Mental. You have to feel for Tyson Gay as well. To run that time and to still get well beaten.

Aye you could see he was absolutely gutted.

I think Bolt knows he can go quicker. Probably spacing it out he can keep making and breaking records

probably, don't you get paid everytime you break a world record even if its your own record

I think Bolt knows he can go quicker. Probably spacing it out he can keep making and breaking records

probably, don't you get paid everytime you break a world record even if its your own record

Only in Grand Prix meets and suchlike I think. Bolt saves his best for major championships.

Only in Grand Prix meets and suchlike I think. Bolt saves his best for major championships.

I'm sure they said last night when he did the 150m in manchester he was at 8.7 at 100m into it???

He's Jamaican like, so spacing it is already embedded in the culture.

I'm sure they said last night when he did the 150m in manchester he was at 8.7 at 100m into it???

What's that go to do with anything? That's impossible anyway. He might have ran 8.7 for a 100m sector of the race i.e. when he was already travelling at full speed or thereabouts.

Anyway, my point was he's broke records to win major titles, not for the prize money at big European meets etc.

I don't think he's the kind of fella to strategically beat his time, whilst leaving a sufficent buffer between that and his best possible to allow for record breaking when the mood takes.

It looks like he's just a bloke that can run impossibly fast and enjoys doing just that.

The margins in the 100m are too small for even someone like him to pick and choose when he breaks records and by how much etc. in any case.

for proof that he could go a fair bit faster, just look at his reaction times on the iaaf site. he was 7th out of the blocks yet won by around 2.5 metres. if injury free he will hit 9.5 at the next olympics. thats certainly what i beleive.

he's drug free as far as i can tell. the most obvious givaway on steriod heads is the colour of their eyeball, that deteriorates from off white to creamy yellow (least thats what i've been told).

as for jessica ennis, who wouldn't. she's fit. i like her training partner as well. the one that didn't do so well...

The margins in the 100m are too small for even someone like him to pick and choose when he breaks records and by how much etc. in any case.

I think hes more just running to beat his competitors, once he feels hes done that he eases off