Which transfer has/will hit you hardest?

dbsweeney

I think there becomes a line between loyalty and professional aspirations.

Whilst I sort of agree with that he does milk the local lad thing to the point where it's a bit ridiculous. I don't blame him for going though but I can see where SLP is coming from.

:icon_lol: Way to take a stand there alex.. really sticking up for your priniciples.

how are those splinters? :razz:

Sorry I know you and Danny B see everything in black and white. Shades of grey though, don't you think? :)

I don't blame anyone for wanting to leave but his constant 'I bleed black and white' quotes in the Chronicle are a bit nauseating when you consider the fuss he kicked up about his contract and (even more so) if the speculation about him handing in a transfer request turns out to be correct. I think as a footballer you have to do what's best for yourself but I'd rather he came out and said that rather than pretended he was heart-broken etc.

I don't blame anyone for going, but I really can't stand badge kissers. Especially those who go on and on about it then fuck off the minute the going gets tough. Hey, I know my stance on Given was unpopular but it just goes to show that ultimately they're all looking after themselves, which is a shame when you think about how the game used to be. Cue Hovis music.

I don't blame anyone for going, but I really can't stand badge kissers. Especially those who go on and on about it then fuck off the minute the going gets tough. Hey, I know my stance on Given was unpopular but it just goes to show that ultimately they're all looking after themselves, which is a shame when you think about how the game used to be. Cue Hovis music.

Totally agree about Given - total wanker

Sorry I know you and Danny B see everything in black and white. Shades of grey though, don't you think? :)

I don't blame anyone for wanting to leave but his constant 'I bleed black and white' quotes in the Chronicle are a bit nauseating when you consider the fuss he kicked up about his contract and (even more so) if the speculation about him handing in a transfer request turns out to be correct. I think as a footballer you have to do what's best for yourself but I'd rather he came out and said that rather than pretended he was heart-broken etc.

:icon_lol:

shut yer face "shades of grey"

I was taking the piss out of your delicately constructed sentences, not your stance.

I agree it's grating when he kisses the badge after every throw in won, and I couldn't begrudge any professional footballer wanting to leave the club in the state that it's in.

I think that his passion for the club is genuine, it may be exaggerated on matchday for effect, but I don't doubt it has a bedrock of reality. I think he would be heart broken to leave the club, I truly do. So that goodbye after the Reading match may well have been heartfelt. I don't think he'd leave if he wasn't being offered to other clubs.

Edited by The Fish

Tbh, I don't think he's a particularly genuine player, especially when it comes to his basic defensive duties (although he's got enough nouse to do things that are eye-catching to the crowd at times) so I see his mutterings in the press as an extension of that. I'd rather he stayed, don't get me wrong, but when people make him out to be some sort of captain marvel who'd die for the cause I sometimes wonder if they're on about the same person.

Don't get me wrong, he's still the flawed ego that points out his teammates duties like somehow that'll acheive the same as actually putting in the tackle himself, but I think the following is true; he loves the club, he doesn't want to leave, we'd miss him more than we would the majority of our players.

Don't get me wrong, he's still the flawed ego that points out his teammates duties like somehow that'll acheive the same as actually putting in the tackle himself, but I think the following is true; he loves the club, he doesn't want to leave, we'd miss him more than we would the majority of our players.

I agree 100%.

If he does hand a transfer request in then he does want to leave. This is just like his contract negotioations, he'd bleed for the club, as long as the price is right. If he really, really doesn't want to go then he doesn't have to. His contract protects him and he won't be dropped. He wants to go, and by the look of him on Saturday he looked more embarrassed than gutted.

I take your point, but the decision must be impossible. It's easy for us to say "If he loved the club he'd stay" but for a lad that has his entire career to think of, especially in these mercenary times where club-loyalty wins you sweet fuck-all, could we really begrudge him going?

I remember people saying they couldn't blame Shearer leaving when we were utter garbage and Milan and Liverpool (I think) were sniffing.

I dunno, I hope he stays. I think if we weren't under new management he'd saty. I think even if Ashley stays, appoints O'Godno and whatever, he'd stay.

But the rugs being pulled from under his feet, he can either grab onto that rug and fuck off safely, or stay here and risk his career disappearing into lower league obscurity.

:icon_lol: @ that analogy... fucking hell Dave... have a word.

Edited by The Fish

I take your point, but the decision must be impossible. It's easy for us to say "If he loved the club he'd stay" but for a lad that has his entire career to think of, especially in these mercenary times where club-loyalty wins you sweet fuck-all, could we really begrudge him going?

I remember people saying they couldn't blame Shearer leaving when we were utter garbage and Milan and Liverpool (I think) were sniffing.

I dunno, I hope he stays. I think if we weren't under new management he'd saty. I think even if Ashley stays, appoints O'Godno and whatever, he'd stay.

But the rugs being pulled from under his feet, he can either grab onto that rug and fuck off safely, or stay here and risk his career disappearing into lower league obscurity.

:icon_lol: @ that analogy... fucking hell Dave... have a word.

It's not a case of begrudging him going, it's a case of wanting him to leave the fawning shite out if his mind's made up.

Fair enough. Imo the fawning shit is because his mind isn't made up.

He spouts it all the time though, along with the badge-kissing and being last off the pitch etc. I just don't buy it. I think SLP is spot on about him being more embarrassed.

to be fair though, what if we don't come up this season? I certainly wouldn't be so sure that we will. Mainly because of the off-field shit going on.

Personally, I think if he loves the club, he'd give us 1 season of everything he has to get us up. If so, then great, and the club should reward him with a new contract. If not, we thank him and let him speak to other clubs.

Taylor is history IMO, one of his best mates lumped on at the bookies to the tune of over £2K at 3-1 on him going to Everton, if you don't have a ton of cash (which said mate doesn't), you wouldn't do that unles you knew something

Taylor is history IMO, one of his best mates lumped on at the bookies to the tune of over £2K at 3-1 on him going to Everton, if you don't have a ton of cash (which said mate doesn't), you wouldn't do that unles you knew something

Apparently he's def gone, a relative of mine has apparently been speaking to his family today (she works at RVI) and apparently he's leaving although it has 'broken his heart' so read into that what you will wether its ashley selling or him actually wanting to leave

Apparently he's def gone, a relative of mine has apparently been speaking to his family today (she works at RVI) and apparently he's leaving although it has 'broken his heart' so read into that what you will wether its ashley selling or him actually wanting to leave

Don't doubt it at all, Taylor's mate with the bet is also the mate of someone I know pretty well - who was hugely unimpressed that the tip wasn't passed on before the stories in the press, which is how I heard about it.

Edited by Toonpack