Newcastle United 1-0 Sheffield Wednesday FT

Guest Stevie

I know they're going to be pissed off after Stevies little rant, but the amount of Sheff Wed fans who were at our (very, very) few 13,000 attendances is staggering! They must have brought more than the teams we were playing!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
:icon_lol: Sheffield Wednesday on Wednesday... I just noticed that.

I'm getting weird looks because of the stifled chuckles...

Fuck me, that's cheered me up, no end.

You're a wierdo you like.

Stevie, get over yourself man. Why do you have to begin a post dragging a club down that we generally dont have any bad blood against? IMO, Wednesday are a big club, but perhaps like our own set of fans, have grown increasingly apathetic towards the way they have been run. Ive known quite a few who are diehard, travelling far and wide to see them. Is it a Yorkshire thing? You dont tend to like many clubs (if any) in Yorkshire do you?

To make us look like twats?

How's it make us look like twats? What have I said which is incorrect?

We have the potential to be doing much better than we are and you know it. Sleeping giant maybe not, we don't consider ourselves a giant, but your comment was disrespectful and you have made up utter rubbish about fan numbers.

We didn't bring many in the 80s and 90s? Your poster who has come onto our forum has proved you wrong on that front. Yet again we are bringing up a big support Wednesday night. Many more than our allocation too.

10,000 fans at Hillsborough? News to me. When you were under Jim Smith we played you three days before our cup final win at your place in front of sub 20,000. We brought a large number of that total too. You have brought big crowds but never 10,000.

Is it any wonder that a lot of fans see us as arrogant, deluded fools?

When the guy above spouts stuff like he has it doesn't help.

Some of them on there are serious bellends like. That one Newcastle fan is coming across well and giving us a good portrayal and right underneath, there's some glue sniffer spouting some bollocks about the fanbase and us all being arrogant

He is coming across well. I'm sure many of your lads and lasses are dead on. I am no bellend or glue sniffer and I won't tar you all with the same brush. As I said I wanted to have a chat with your lads and I came across a post that was disrespectful and incorrect. As I said on my post on our forum unfortunately a large propotion of your fans in Scotland seem to be of the same ilk. I'm looking forward to Wednesday, hopefully it's a good game and we can enjoy a good night out after the match too.

love how hes picked out accadaccas comments too with no mention of the thread that insued which is basically all of us calling him a twat

The rest of the thread is there for all to see. I didn't hide it. It is another big headed arrogant comment though isn't it.

Speaking of 'pearlers' btw:
Confirms my previosuly held opinion that they really can be an arrogant bunch of c*nts.

I was open minded before this

:icon_lol:

I've met many good Newcastle fans, as I have fans of every club. However as I said, many of your support in my experience, and especially in my home town are of the same mentality as Stevie.

Or not! :)

I'm going for more than six myths in his post. 6-10 on the spread bet.

:razz: Point them out then

:icon_lol:

Stevie, get over yourself man. Why do you have to begin a post dragging a club down that we generally dont have any bad blood against? IMO, Wednesday are a big club, but perhaps like our own set of fans, have grown increasingly apathetic towards the way they have been run. Ive known quite a few who are diehard, travelling far and wide to see them. Is it a Yorkshire thing? You dont tend to like many clubs (if any) in Yorkshire do you?

Speaking to my mate he has been a ST holder for 15 years now and that basically what has happend. They had a chairman in Dave Allen who slagged fans off, slagged off players etc and had open promises, basically was a Mike Ashley! So thats why their attendances havent been great.

For any Owls reading this, I don't think the majority on here dislike you or have any bad feeling towards you, I also think most on here regard you as one of the bigger Northern clubs and will look forward to the games, From the little time I've been on here I'd say Stevie likes to express himself and 'says what he likes, and likes what he says!' A bit like some Yorkshiremen.

Are we all friends, now? :icon_lol:

It has taken us a long time to get back on our feet. Many comparisons can be drawn with the way we were run and how you are now. No fans want to see their club being run badly and we had it for years. We have a very good support and I am sure we will do ourselves proud on Wednesday night.

For any Owls reading this, I don't think the majority on here dislike you or have any bad feeling towards you, I also think most on here regard you as one of the bigger Northern clubs and will look forward to the games, From the little time I've been on here I'd say Stevie likes to express himself and 'says what he likes, and likes what he says!' A bit like some Yorkshiremen.

Are we all friends, now? :)

:icon_lol: Fair play pal but I still hope we pump you Wednesday night! :razz: No bad feelings here.

He is coming across well. I'm sure many of your lads and lasses are dead on. I am no bellend or glue sniffer and I won't tar you all with the same brush. As I said I wanted to have a chat with your lads and I came across a post that was disrespectful and incorrect. As I said on my post on our forum unfortunately a large propotion of your fans in Scotland seem to be of the same ilk. I'm looking forward to Wednesday, hopefully it's a good game and we can enjoy a good night out after the match too.

Re-reading my post, it comes off too dickish and I apologise. I don't hold any ill feeling to your club or fans but it irks me whenever I see people trot out the paper/radio cliches time and again (not saying you personally do this but some people on your site have). I'm looking forward to the game too which is a change. Hopefully, Ashley won't have destroyed the squad too much in the next 48 hours but I wouldn't put it past him at all. There should be a buzz around the ground for a change coming off the back of Saturday and we need to follow it with a good performance. I wouldn't worry about Shola doing similar to your lot though; he's filled his goal quota for at least 5 weeks.

It has taken us a long time to get back on our feet. Many comparisons can be drawn with the way we were run and how you are now. No fans want to see their club being run badly and we had it for years. We have a very good support and I am sure we will do ourselves proud on Wednesday night.

Are we all friends, now? :)

:icon_lol: Fair play pal but I still hope we pump you Wednesday night! :razz: No bad feelings here.

Sorry my Owl friend, but I don't bat for the opposition, but hey, live and let live and all that. :icon_lol:

That might be a good idea :icon_lol:

It's strange we aren't televised as we are the only championship game on Wednesday.

We're the only ones who have requested all of our CCC midweek games be played on a Wednesday. I think we'll get 41,000 in there on the night which would be good :)

Mackems are at home on the Tuesday night, hence us playing on the Wednesday.

Guest Stevie
That might be a good idea :icon_lol:

It's strange we aren't televised as we are the only championship game on Wednesday.

We're the only ones who have requested all of our CCC midweek games be played on a Wednesday. I think we'll get 41,000 in there on the night which would be good :)

Mackems are at home on the Tuesday night, hence us playing on the Wednesday.

Nope, we changed all our dates in June, so all our home games are Wednesday rest of the leagues are Tuesday's.

how are our sales going for the game? For what its worth I have nothing against Sheff Wed, and they will bring a lot of fans on Wednesday just like we will take down on boxing day.

Should be a good game:

nufc 2-1 swfc

Enjoyed these quotes :icon_lol:

Those who are mocking Newcastle and revelling in their demise are in for a season of disappointment. If they get a decent manager in this year, even without buying anyone, they will absolutely DESTROY this league.

Shame they "only" get 36K crowds compared to a big club like us, aye?

We don't even have 36,000 home seats do we?

We have 31k.

Lets not compare us to Newcastle.

36,000 in the championship is unbelievable, I would stand with my cock out on the kop if we could pull in a crowd like that.

They had a dip in the 1980s, but historically they have always comfortably cleared 30k. Its actually a much more popular myth that their crowds haven't generally been very good.

As someone has already said, They brought a few up in the mid-eighties, we took even more down there, one of their fans mentions 3,000 odd of them coming up in '91, not too sure about that one like, but regardless, both Sheffield games are definitely the ones I would like to go to along with Posh purely for good memories of great away days of the past, The boxing day one means I'm out for the Hillsborough game as I don't really fancy getting divorced! Will go to Brammal lane if I can.

Can't really get upset with Wednesday, There's far more clubs with tossers following them than these.

They had a corner of the Leazes which they didn't fill, 800 max, I remember the game I was in the East Stand. The only time they brung a proper support was when they won the league in 1984.

Came second you numpty... Chelsea won it!

Stevie often reminds me of this gem

You Will Suffer Humiliation When The Sports Team From My Area Defeats The Sports Team From Your Area

As you can see from the calendar, the game is coming up this weekend. I'm sure you are as excited for it as I am, as our cities are rivals and have been for quite some time. Your confidence in your team is high, but rest assured, you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area.

On numerous occasions, you have expressed the conviction that your area's sports team will be victorious. I must admit that every time I hear you make this proclamation, I react with both laughter and disbelief. "Ha!" I say to myself with laughter. "What?!" I say to myself in disbelief. How could you believe that your sports team could beat my sports team? It is clear that yours is inferior in every way.

When the sporting contest begins, the players on your team will be treated as though they are inconsequential. It will be remarkably easy for my team to accumulate more points than yours. There are many reasons for this, starting with the inferior physical attributes of the players representing your area. Strength, speed, and agility are just three of the qualities that the players on the team from your area lack. The players representing my area, on the other hand, have these traits in abundance.

I would not be a bit surprised if the individuals on the team from your area were sexually attracted to members of their own gender. That is how ineffective they are on the field of battle.

Underscoring your team's inferiority is its choice of colors. It is ludicrous to believe that your team's colors inspire either respect or fear. Instead, they appear to have been chosen by someone who is colorblind or, perhaps, bereft of sight altogether. The colors for my team, on the other hand, are aesthetically pleasing when placed in proximity to one another. They are a superior color combination in every way.

While we are on the subject of aesthetics, let us compare the respective facilities in which our teams play. While my team's edifice is blessed with architectural splendor and the most modern of amenities, yours is a thoroughly unpleasant place in which to watch a sporting contest. I know of what I speak, for I once attended a game between our respective teams in your facility. Let's just say the experience left me wishing that my car was inoperable that day due to mechanical problems, rendering it impossible for me to get to your area to attend the game.

If you need another reason why the sporting franchise representing my area is superior, look no further than the supporters for the two sides. Not only are the supporters of the team from my region more spirited, but they are also more intelligent and of finer breeding than you and the rest of your ilk. In addition, the female supporters of the team from my area possess more attractive countenances and figures than yours. Some of the women from my side that I have observed could make a living by posing for pictures for major men's magazines. The women who cheer for your team, I'm afraid, are far too unattractive to do so.

One of the more pathetic aspects of the team from your area is the fact that only people in your immediate area possess an affinity for it. By means of contrast, the team from my area inspires loyalty and affection in individuals who live in many other geographic locations.

To illustrate this point, let me tell a brief story: Recently, I was on vacation in an area of the country far away from my own, and I saw many individuals wearing items of clothing that bore the insignia of my team. I approached one such individual and asked him if he originated from my area. He said no, explaining that he simply liked the team from my area and had for many years. Interestingly enough, during this trip, I saw no clothing or other paraphernalia bearing the insignia of your team.

Do you still doubt that the team from your area is inferior to the one from mine? Just look at our teams' respective histories. In the past, we have defeated you on any number of occasions. Granted, there were times when your team beat my team, but those were lucky flukes.

The day of the game will soon be at hand. And no matter how hard you pray to a higher power or how many foam accoutrements you wear in support of the team from your area, your team will be defeated. We will win and you will lose. This is your fate.

Prepare for humiliation. It shall be upon you at the designated hour

courtesy of http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33426

Edited by Neville Neville Neville

i used to live in sheffield. it's a cool town, the people there are sound - and football mad - and i really feel for the wednesday fans. i'm sure our crowds would sink well below 30k too if we'd suffered the 10 years of crap they've had to put up with.

they're a big club no doubt. i think it's a shame that the likes of wednesday, sheffield utd, leeds and nottingham forest all struggling in the lower leagues while stoke, hull and wigan are all in the premiership. i'd class the first bunch as sleeping giants for sure and would much rather visit any of those towns on a premiership away day than the second lot.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I like Sheff Wed. They always strike me as a club who should be in the top flight (along with us, natch :icon_lol: ) at the expense of some of the poorly supported plastic dross that currently inhabits it.

Stevie's "we're better than this club and i'll tell you why" post were quite funny last season when our backs were against the wall but now they're just fucking daft. I wonder what he's got lined up for the likes of Doncaster and Scunny?

I fancy us to win 2-0. I think the class of our yet to depart players will shine through and in the end it'll be a fairly comfortable victory. Palace on Saturday is where the real trouble could start if, as the newspaper say, we'll know what will happen with regards to the takeover come the second half of the week.