Newcastle United 1-0 Sheffield Wednesday FT

Guest Stevie

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really glad we've hung onto Enrique always said all he needed was a consistent run of games for his confidence and he'd do well.

Carroll's impressed me as well, no nonsense and trying to knock down/hold up anything that comes to him, all he needs is someone pacey and as bit clinical beside him to have a good partnership (i know sholas scoring but i think we all know deepdown it wont last lol)

Not sure tbh I thought some of Sholas flicks and dummies were different class whereas Carroll was more the willing grafter - second half that beautiful dummy to get xisco in (who ballsed it up) was excellent don't you think?

Trouble is with Carroll, I get the feeling he'll never be a natural goal-scorer, even at this level. His all-round play is good but he needs a natural goal-poacher alongside him. Btw, how did the new lad do at RB?

Thought he did okay and looked to play a safe first game. Also dont think it helped having Ryan Taylor ahead of him.

Sat one row from the pitch last night and Ryan Taylor is the most miserable looking fucker.

screamy.png

That can't be great for your confidence like.

What the flying cocking fuck is going on with Ameobi? He's scoring goals. Lots of them. And he's won the 800 metres in Berlin. Roy Keane will be trying to sign him for £13m at this rate. Shame you have Simpson on loan though, he was so pants for us, even Keith Andrews was ahead of him in the right back slot. He'll probably get very average all of a sudden.

Guest Stevie
i think simpson was just finding his feet.not too impressive

Did you see the game?

I did, and he was mediocre, couple of nice touches second half on the right wing, but not a bad start, just average.

Coloccini in the first half, oh dear, that one where he had the ball and the black bloke was nearly through but he wouldn't slide oh dear. You could argue that he was worried a mistimed tackle would end up with him sent off, I think it was more due to the fact he's shite. I was saying to the kid next to me £70k a week would probs = the accumulative wage of the owls starting 11.

Guest Stevie
What the flying cocking fuck is going on with Ameobi? He's scoring goals. Lots of them. And he's won the 800 metres in Berlin. Roy Keane will be trying to sign him for £13m at this rate. Shame you have Simpson on loan though, he was so pants for us, even Keith Andrews was ahead of him in the right back slot. He'll probably get very average all of a sudden.

I love the way these Lancashire/Yorkshire people talk :D. Always reminds me of Eric Openshaw. Chuffin Nora.

Did you see the game?

I did, and he was mediocre, couple of nice touches second half on the right wing, but not a bad start, just average.

Coloccini in the first half, oh dear, that one where he had the ball and the black bloke was nearly through but he wouldn't slide oh dear. You could argue that he was worried a mistimed tackle would end up with him sent off, I think it was more due to the fact he's shite. I was saying to the kid next to me £70k a week would probs = the accumulative wage of the owls starting 11.

Steady is better than Ryan Taylor I suppose.

I love the way these Lancashire/Yorkshire people talk :D. Always reminds me of Eric Openshaw. Chuffin Nora.

Thing is, I was born in Barnet and grew up in Germany, Hong Kong and Bedford! Strange how things turn out. And I don't look like Fred Dibnah either! :icon_lol:

Did you see the game?

I didn't think he was up to much and looked a bit of a liability but give him a chance and he might come good

Bit early to judge Simpson I'd say. He's only been here 5mins. The glue's barely dried on his numbers man! :D

As for Shola, Mrs Paws came up with the explaination for his current purple patch. She reckon's Hughton's had a word with Shola's missus and he's only getting some when he scores. She must have been walking like a duck on Sunday :icon_lol:

Did you see the game?

I didn't think he was up to much and looked a bit of a liability but give him a chance and he might come good

Shola, Saylor and Enrique all looked good last night. At times Shola looks like Pele in this league...

Coloccini picked up after the break .

Simpson was ok.

Raylor is terrible. When he has the ball he keeps running past it and having to come inside. Lack of pace and ability.

Jonas did nowt other than occupy some space.

Nolan and Smith worked hard, as did Carroll.

Good crowd and good atmosphere.

If we don't sell anyone else I feel optimistic about our chances even if the fat prick stays and Hughton/Calderwood remain in charge.

Guest Stevie

Ryan Taylor seems completely overawed playing for a club like Newcastle United to me, he can do good stuff then gets in a good position, then his brain goes in to meltdown like what the fuck do I do now, like when Sid The Sexist finally gets a bird in to bed, and his brain blows up cos he doesn't know what to do.

Ryan Taylor seems completely overawed playing for a club like Newcastle United to me, he can do good stuff then gets in a good position, then his brain goes in to meltdown like what the fuck do I do now, like when Sid The Sexist finally gets a bird in to bed, and his brain blows up cos he doesn't know what to do.

great analogy for a player that has a sweet right foot for crossing, but nothing else....

great analogy for a player that has a sweet right foot for crossing, but nothing else....

Stevie speaking from experience there.

I thought Simpson looked ok. He was never really troubled at the back but he didn't really get forward like I was hoping. But as has been said, having the piss poor Ryan Taylor in front of him couldn't have helped.

I thought Enrique and S Taylor were probably our best players. Smith couldn't compete for fear of being sent off, Nolan is slower than my gran, Jonas had there fullback shitting himself but won't cross or shoot, Shola was a mixture of very good and half asleep and Coloccini does seem to have taken any confidence from the Reading game as he looked like a little boy lost again.

BBC'll have highlights after midnight tonight.

riiight I was wondering where they were since MOTD said championship highlights would be on today but ours arent

It come on 36 hours or so after the game finishes, so Saturday games available from a minute past midnight Monday morning, sunday is tuesday morning, etc. etc.

With the Premier players in your side and the result against Reading I feared a battering. To be honest in the end I was a little unimpressed by your boys you weren't very convincing. Ameobi took his goal well, but overall I thought we passed the ball better, we had more possession (51%) despite being the away side, Jermaine Johnson seemed to terrify Coloccini, we just lacked a cutting edge and couldn't do enough with the ball in the final third. You created more chances and deserved to win overall but Harper saved your bacon right at the end from Franny and with a terrific save from Gray's free kick.

I liked the look of your left winger he was excellent and really caused Buxton problems. Taylor at the back looked a solid, composed player too. If you keep that side together and stay clear of injuries you should be playoffs at the very least. Ameobi looks like he'll be a very good player at this level. It was a great crowd (credit to you for that) and it produced a very good atmosphere. With all the stuff you have going on you did your team proud. I look forward to your visit and I hope we can have a similar atmosphere when you visit. Make sure you sell out your allocation. :D Sunderland did when we last played them so don't let us down.

I thought we acquitted ourselves very well and going from that display I'm confident we can take something off you at Hillsborough.

I'm pretty sure our starting XI will be less than £70k a week wages. If Coloccini is on that alone you are being robbed. He struggled. His defensive partner Taylor looked far more assured and dealt with things a lot better.