Newcastle United 1-0 Sheffield Wednesday FT

Guest Stevie

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, ain't gotta clue what the in-talk means. Anyway he's much bigger than I though having last met him 20 years ago. Our lass also said....."eeeh, he's not ugly is he". Luckily he was out of earshot by then.

Nice car tho.

Women, can't live with them, can't live with them.

He always seems to say 'obviously' when on the box.

Where's that Shef Wed fan gone?

I had a few questions:

Who're the players that he thinks will cause us problems?

Who're the players that he thinks will cause them problems?

Where he thinks they'll end up come the end of the season?

Where he thinks we'll end up come the end of the season?

I had a few questions:

Christ Almighty!

You mean that Sheff Wed fan was really Russell Grant?

:icon_lol:

Also, a bad-indifferent one would see attendances drop and the likelihood of a positive take-over diminish

I doubt football will have much impact, everybody knows attendances, morale etc will pick up dramatically if a takeover goes through. The bigger danger is selling players. At the moment there's a team capable of getting promoted, if that's dismantled, nobody is gonna want the club, good performances or otherwise.

2-1 tonight i reckon. Sheffield Wednesday are a better team than Reading.

Also, a bad-indifferent one would see attendances drop and the likelihood of a positive take-over diminish

I doubt football will have much impact, everybody knows attendances, morale etc will pick up dramatically if a takeover goes through. The bigger danger is selling players. At the moment there's a team capable of getting promoted, if that's dismantled, nobody is gonna want the club, good performances or otherwise.

2-1 tonight i reckon. Sheffield Wednesday are a better team than Reading.

perhaps but not a squad, out first 11 all fit and happy would be top two for me but that wont be the case all season

I'm setting off in half an hour so enjoy the game tonight lads and lasses. :icon_lol: Obviously I hope we absolutely batter you.

I had a few questions:

1) Jermaine Johnson is the main one I would look out for. Number 23 he is a Jamaican winger who will run at your defenders at pretty much every opportunity. 2 goals already this season and on his day he can be a real handful. His pace is a great outlet and if he is on form (which he is) he will cause you problems. I imagine we will be counter attacking a lot tonight and his pace will be used. What are your full backs like?

Marcus Tudgay number 7 is full of energy and will run non-stop for 90 minutes. He chases everything and nothing is a lost cause. He has scored some good goals in his time (notably the ones at Leicester away and at the Lane last season) and is also very strong in the air for his height. We desperately need a partner for him. Jeffers has been a terrible signing for us so far.

Ettienne Esajas number 11 (if he plays it could be Michael Gray) is a Dutch left winger and is technically very strong. Great touch and a very good left foot. He tends to fade in and out of games though.

Tommy Spurr number 2 left back. He has also scored quite a few long range shots in his time. Very good left peg and not afraid to shoot from distance.

2) I don't know a huge amount about your team to be honest but I always liked the look of Guthrie on the TV.

3) The division is next to impossible to predict. I think I predicted 9th at the beginning of the season. It depends on our start. If we keep our key players, stay free of injuries, use the loan market well, and if we can get investment money in January then I would like to think we can make a go of the playoffs. Our current squad could finish anywhere from 5th to near the bottom. I fancy your boys, Boro, WBA and Cardiff to be the challengers this season. The other two playoff places could be up for grabs but we could also finish much much lower down.

4) I fancy you to finish second behind West Brom.

Christ Almighty!

You mean that Sheff Wed fan was really Russell Grant?

:)

:razz: I'm not nearly as fat as him.

So turns out SWFC are bringing 2800ish fans. not the 4,000 they were quoting, I was wondering how it would be possible for them to take over the initial allocation

:icon_lol: There will be more than 2800 of us in the ground.

didn’t realise Michael Gray was still playing — I’m sure he’ll get a warm welcome!

It will probably either be Gray or Esajas on the left wing.

Still think people are being far too optimistic for this like. That's when this club hurts you the most when you are actually looking forward to something.

So turns out SWFC are bringing 2800ish fans. not the 4,000 they were quoting, I was wondering how it would be possible for them to take over the initial allocation

:icon_lol: There will be more than 2800 of us in the ground.

didn’t realise Michael Gray was still playing — I’m sure he’ll get a warm welcome!

It will probably either be Gray or Esajas on the left wing.

if Johnsons on the right against Jose then I feel reasonably assured actually, would be feeling less so if he was against Raylor or simpson

Still think people are being far too optimistic for this like. That's when this club hurts you the most when you are actually looking forward to something.

Yes we certainly have a few closet accadaccas!

In answer to your question about the full backs. Enrique is very good, but can be gotten at. He's in good form and confident though.

Ryan Taylor is our right back. Possibly the worst professional footballer that I've ever seen. We've signed a lad Simpson on loan from ManUtd. Very fast, but crap(according to Blackburn Rovers fans[where he was on loan last season]).

I'm guessing our midfield would be one of the strongest in the division with Butt/Nolan/Guthrie/Smith. Lots of hard work and Guthrie and Barton have an eye for a pass. Tough players, each one of them.

Yes we certainly have a few closet accadaccas!

Is that rhyming slang?

Guest Stevie

I think we'll win 4-0 tonight, and after backing Shola for first goal and first goal of the second half on Saturday, I'll be doing the same this evening.

Should be a canny atmosphere, and 4-0 would take us to the top of the division where hopefully we will stay :icon_lol:

I'd be delighted with a 1-0.

I think we just came up against an incredibly poor Reading team last week.

I agree but the difference that win will have made to the players confidence will be massive, you see quite often teams coming down after a bad season just carrying on in the same vein the fact we've had two good results so far is really good and important and I think at home we can keep it up

On the other side of things, there's the possibility that teams will come to play for a point after seeing that performance.

If that does happen we could be in trouble as we don't have the players to create something out of nothing

I think if we had started badly, other teams would be coming to us with confidence and looking for the big scalp. Whether we are in form or not, the opposition would still look at us as a big game. With the start we have had though, there will be more caution from the opposition. Its absolutely essential that we therefore put on a good performance again tonight and take all the points.

Fingers crossed tbh.