Sale this week?

Christmas Tree

Anyone know anything more specific?

They are trying to keep the lid on it today so they can announce it tomorrow and create a matchday party atmosphere. This will also give them time to tie up Shearer and Rob Lees signature meaning all three can be presented on the pitch before the game.

Fuck me, is that hell freezing over?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob Lee? :icon_lol:

If Shearer does come back it'll be with an experienced no.2 and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Dowie return. It won't be Rob Lee in a month of Sundays.

I simply refuse to get excited until I see an explosion of spunk in the sky over east anglia.

Norwich have got themselves a new manager so there could be quite a few down there substituting for dear old James....

Mind you, the thought of you being excitable is deeply concerning.

If Shearer does come back it'll be with an experienced no.2 and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Dowie return. It won't be Rob Lee in a month of Sundays.

it's a nailed on guarantee that if shearer gets the job Lee will be on his team, nailed on I say.

it's a nailed on guarantee that if shearer gets the job Lee will be on his team, nailed on I say.

What do you mean if?? you said its confirmed and deff going to happen :)

Well if it happens, i'll stand corrected but I can't see it myself....

I hope, assuming this might be true, there's an experienced coach involved too. No problems with Rob Lee getting involved. I wouldn't have a problem with Hughton and Calderwood staying for the time being at least.

Why the fuck was the Martins and Bassong money not used to reduce the debt?

Because Ashley's a fat, greedy bastard? :icon_lol:

At the risk of getting shot here - I can sort of understand it from MA's perspective. MA is trying to sell the club and get his money out too. Why pay off the debt when you can leave it to someone else, and make sure you get as much of your money back as you can. At the end of the day, circa £20mil is not a small chunk of change.

I'm not saying I'm happy about it, but lets be a little bit realistic here. With a business head on, it makes more sense for MA (for MA's best interests) to do this. Hell, if Moat's offer is £20mil short of what he wants, but still stands after the sale of Baye, Oba and Bassong; then there's the shortfall sorted.

MA doesnt want to be here, but he wants to leave with as much of his money as he can, which is understandable really.

That said - I'm not defending him, just pointing out the other perspective.

*don's kevlar*

Newcastle United managing director Derek Llambias has told Sky Sports News that Barry Moat has stepped up his interest in the club.

The local businessman has been strongly linked with an approach for the North East giants, but was yet to confirm his interest.

It is now understood that the self-made millionaire has opened talks with current owner Mike Ashley in regards to a possible £100million takeover.

Ashley has been looking to sell the club for some time, but has struggled to drum up interest after setting a substantial asking price for a Championship side.

He may be about to get his wish, though, as Tyneside-based Moat has now made his move.

Moat sat alongside Ashley during Newcastle's 3-0 victory over Reading at the weekend and does appear to have the backing of the club's fans.

Should he take control at St James' Park, the appointment of Alan Shearer as Magpies boss on a full-time basis is also deemed to be inevitable.