Sale this week?

Christmas Tree

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a day off fellas

My info is from a reliable sauce who suggested to put the bet on for him, but no one will accept the bet, and I am not winding you up, my reliable source might be.

Crumpy posted the same thing on N-O and he's normally spot on.

And CT wonders why people think he's a wum :)

It is always breaks on sky news on a wednesday at about 4.15pm :icon_lol:

I hope you're right mate, I really do.

There has just been way too much of this thing over the summer so it's hard to get excited or believe it.

I know. I've heard a fair few rumours from various decent sources over the past week or so that it's a done deal and I'm still not getting excited and I still don't believe it.

I think in most normal clubs the deal would have been long done by now.

Still im excited as hell to be going, even though i've just had to fork out £60 for two tickets!!!

There were queues out the door at the ticket office so dont know if that means anything or not with regard to a big gate or whether its normal on match day.

I'm now convinced everything is going as planned for Ashley (or change of planned once keegan went). Over 3 months without looking close to a sale. He's clearly saying one thing (I'm gonna sell) and doing another (not selling) like he always has.

As fans, we want to be up there with Chelsea or Man U. But look at the operating loss they've most recently posted (07/08), £85m and £44m respectively. Does an owner, using his own money want that?

Being succesful costs, and is all about the gamble of maintaining success until you can sell a high revenue company (not necessarily a profitable one) in a stronger market than you bought it.

Which club should you try to emulate to make a profit without any risk? Only 5 clubs reported a profit in the most recent accounts. Blackburn (7th), Spurs (11th) and Fulham (17th) all earned about £3m. But West Brom earned over £11m...in the Championship.

If you want to be profitable, you just have to maintain a championship squad that can occasionally go up and guarantee a pay day and a parachute when you fail to invest again.

Edited by Happy Face

Trouble is Happy, holding onto us, makes no sense, It's a massive gamble, where he stands to be crippled by the collapse of our value if he doesn't sell...

Trouble is Happy, holding onto us, makes no sense, It's a massive gamble, where he stands to be crippled by the collapse of our value if he doesn't sell...

44,000 people turned up last night....and will do for 4 more games than they did last year....at the same price.

He's made £24M in the transfer market this window.

He's got a £20m parachute payment.

He's taken £40m off the bank

He still has a £50m+ commodity if he is serious about selling at any point.

Edited by Happy Face

I dont know, this isnt like any other business, this is emotional. Nobody builds an emotional tie to Marks and Spencers or Fenwicks, if they were dying then nobody would buy it for over the odds.

Football is different, if the options were buy the club for £50m over the odds or watch it die then we, as fans would be busting a gut to raise the cash. Nothing, especially not finance, stands in the way of our love for this club.

I think Ashley knows that and knows he can make money selling off players, slashing costs and using it as his own personal advertising space while never dropping the price because someone somewhere at some stage will crap themselves enough to pay it. He may drop the price again but only after hes recouped double the difference from the club.

The Daily Mail:

Newcastle sale boost: Llambias closes on £100m deal for Championship club

Newcastle's Derek Llambias gave the clearest indication yet that the troubled Championship club are on the verge of being sold.

After months of impasse, the managing director admitted that the consortium being led by local businessman Barry Moat - who are likely to appoint Alan Shearer as manager - is now 'there or thereabouts'.

Current owner Mike Ashley has been trying to sell the club for a reduced price of £100m since Newcastle's relegation from the Premier League.

Ashley flew into the club's training ground this week for talks and was seen with Moat at St James' Park last Saturday

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...0#ixzz0OliIZZJU

The Daily Mail:

Newcastle sale boost: Llambias closes on £100m deal for Championship club

Newcastle's Derek Llambias gave the clearest indication yet that the troubled Championship club are on the verge of being sold.

After months of impasse, the managing director admitted that the consortium being led by local businessman Barry Moat - who are likely to appoint Alan Shearer as manager - is now 'there or thereabouts'.

Current owner Mike Ashley has been trying to sell the club for a reduced price of £100m since Newcastle's relegation from the Premier League.

Ashley flew into the club's training ground this week for talks and was seen with Moat at St James' Park last Saturday

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...0#ixzz0OliIZZJU

champ_on_ice_2.jpg