Great quote from Nobby...

Matty

"I don't feel pressure," he insisted. "Pressure is what my dad had to endure back home. He was a taxi driver with six kids to feed in a country which is economically bankrupt and corrupt. Fighting to keep his family alive and put food on the table - that's pressure, not training a couple of hours a day and playing on a weekend. That's a privilege.

How true, and refreshing to hear!

www.icnewcastle.co.uk for the whole interview.

Is this the Peruvian equivalent of being a Sheet Metal Workers son?

53954[/snapback]

Not quite. It was a privilige for Alans dad to bash sheet metal for 15 hours a day, not a pressure. Then he'd go home and his fatha would beat him. Again, if he was lucky.

I liked the bit about the skeletor Shearer better tbh.

54010[/snapback]

I'm waiting for Nobby Solano in Classroom One at Newcastle United's academy. Perched on a chair next to me is a skeleton dressed in a black and white striped shirt and shorts.

The door bursts open and in walks Nobby, nodding at my bony companion.

"See what's happened to Alan Shearer since I left," he grins

:D

53954[/snapback]

Not quite. It was a privilige for Alans dad to bash sheet metal for 15 hours a day, not a pressure. Then he'd go home and his fatha would beat him. Again, if he was lucky.

53959[/snapback]

Heard it was more like 27 hours a day tbh. :D

53954[/snapback]

53959[/snapback]

54094[/snapback]

With only a hanful of warm gravel and a suck on a damp cloth for sustenance.

53954[/snapback]

53959[/snapback]

54094[/snapback]

With only a hanful of warm gravel and a suck on a damp cloth for sustenance.

54139[/snapback]

Luxury!!! We had to make do with a lump of cold poison.

Enjoyed the Nobby article, top bloke who appreciates what the club means and loves being here.

Also like the fact Emre's nickname is a character from top cat!

53954[/snapback]

53959[/snapback]

Yeah, but Nobby's dad used to work 18 hours a day in a taxi to feed six kids in a corrupt and bankrupt country then go home and get a beating off his Pa - if he was lucky. Then, as a second job he used to to out and clean the road with his tongue

EDIT: Should have rest the rest of the thread before responding to mancy's post.... would have realised other people had already responded with similar returns :D

Edited by maggiespaws

53954[/snapback]

53959[/snapback]

Yeah, but Nobby's dad used to work 18 hours a day in a taxi to feed six kids in a corrupt and bankrupt country then go home and get a beating off his Pa - if he was lucky. Then, as a second job he used to to out and clean the road with his tongue

54173[/snapback]

At least Nobby's dad lived in a corrupt and bankrupt country. When Big Al's dad was working, folk were so poor they had to eat dirt to survive, with the result being that England disappeared into the sea.

Edited by manc-mag