Is Barry Moat the right man for the job

kingshearer

I can understand that anybody at all will be better than Ashley and i know that Moat is a toon fan and a pal of King Al, But if he is having trouble coming up with asking price and is relying on the bank to fund the overdraft i cant see how he can fund a club like Newcastle, We need top start generating our own income granted but at the moment we are light on squad numbers to put up any hopes of a title challenge, The team at the moment is good enough for this league but a few injuries and it wont be so money is needed straight away, And given the squad now if we do go up we will need more money again, Maybe this fan is letting his heart rule his head......... Your views

Mike Ashley was the right man because he wasn't Freddy Shepherd, Barry Moat is the right man because he isn't Mike Ashley, make of that what you will.

I can understand that anybody at all will be better than Ashley and i know that Moat is a toon fan and a pal of King Al, But if he is having trouble coming up with asking price and is relying on the bank to fund the overdraft i cant see how he can fund a club like Newcastle, We need top start generating our own income granted but at the moment we are light on squad numbers to put up any hopes of a title challenge, The team at the moment is good enough for this league but a few injuries and it wont be so money is needed straight away, And given the squad now if we do go up we will need more money again, Maybe this fan is letting his heart rule his head......... Your views

I don't trust this 'kingshearer', I've never heard of any Toon fan calling Shearer 'King', it's a title usually associated with Keegan. Plus anyone who signs up to a forum without using caps for the first letter of their name and has bad grammar is suspect...

... call me paranoid :icon_lol:

I'm still skeptical as to whether Moat is even interested or not, seems like a ploy to me, to make it look like Ashley has done everything he can to sell the club before he takes it off the market, most likely on or around september 1st.

Hes either stringing Moat along or Moat is in on it.

to be honest there are enough successful(ish) chairman that arent neccesarily these big spend billionaires etc, its about running the club right at the moment which is something we're lacking

I don't trust this 'kingshearer', I've never heard of any Toon fan calling Shearer 'King', it's a title usually associated with Keegan. Plus anyone who signs up to a forum without using caps for the first letter of their name and has bad grammar is suspect...

... call me paranoid :icon_lol:

Sorry i thought this was a Toon forum not an English lesson

I suppose the main thing for me if the takeover is legit, will be not having to turn on sky sports news everyday wondering what the fat cunt has done to fuck the club up today.

Exactly, it'll be "I wonder what the thin Geordie bastard has done today" :icon_lol:

tbf though CT has hit the nail on the head, whoever takes over isnt going to be loaded, isnt going to throw a hundred million at the team and isnt going to be able to buy us success. Hopefully Moat would be able to stabilise and build on that over a period of time.

Its not going to be weeks or months though, more than likely years.

... call me paranoid :)

It takes a while to understand the sense of humour on here at times, tell him to fuck off and he'll be fine. :icon_lol:

I'm sure that all the wankers on Newcastle Online, especially thickmick if he is still around, will try to tell you that "anybody but Fred" will be better :icon_lol:

Backed up by Big Dave of course.

:)

... call me paranoid :razz:

It takes a while to understand the sense of humour on here at times, tell him to fuck off and he'll be fine. :icon_lol:

Fuck off :)

I'm still skeptical as to whether Moat is even interested or not, seems like a ploy to me, to make it look like Ashley has done everything he can to sell the club before he takes it off the market, most likely on or around september 1st.

Hes either stringing Moat along or Moat is in on it.

that thought crossed my mind too !

can't see how he's got the brass to buy it and then run it given so many have dropped out - the financial situation must be far worse than we know

Mike Ashley was the right man because he wasn't Freddy Shepherd, Barry Moat is the right man because he isn't Mike Ashley, make of that what you will.

Echo that statement.

But surely no one can be as bad as Fat Mike has over the last year....

I suppose the main thing for me if the takeover is legit, will be not having to turn on sky sports news everyday wondering what the fat cunt has done to fuck the club up today.

Exactly, it'll be "I wonder what the thin Geordie bastard has done today" :icon_lol:

tbf though CT has hit the nail on the head, whoever takes over isnt going to be loaded, isnt going to throw a hundred million at the team and isnt going to be able to buy us success. Hopefully Moat would be able to stabilise and build on that over a period of time.

Its not going to be weeks or months though, more than likely years.

Indeed he's not but he's surely going to establish a firm grounding where we're not the contents of a firesale and a club that is recruiting to expand a ridiculously small squad...

Is Barry Moat the right man for the job?

:icon_lol: basically. It's hard to see how he could be much worse than Assley, but if he has no real investment, then yes we could end up looking back on even Assley as being "better".