FM2010

Nyff

Finished my first season as NUFC last week (first time I've played FM with them in years).

100 points, top basically all season, although I had a couple of horrible spells of form. Notable signings were Macheda and Tafer on loan and the excellent James Rodriguez in midfield. Joey Barton managed 13 assists from midfield and scored a couple.

Absolute nightmare trying to get rid of the high paid shite in the squad. Sold Jonas at the start as I don't normally use wingers. Ameobi would only leave if I paid most of his wages at his new club. Same for Nolan, Raylor. Guthrie and Coloccini.

Pre-season before the return to the Premier League and a miracle, Man City make an offer for Coloccini! So that was him gone. Then Birmingham come in for Ameobi. Can't believe my luck, he accepts their offer. Everton come in for Guthrie a few days later! Still couldnt get shot of Nolan though.

Initial transfer budget was £6.75m. With adjustments and lowering the wage bill along with getting a few pound in for players, it gets increased to well over £40m.

Players in

Mancienne 4m (48months)

Michael Dawson 3.2m

van Bommel 1m

van der Vaart 5.75m (48 months)

Rodwell 17.25m (48 months and clauses)

Kevin Doyle 12m (48months)

Vieira free

Martin Palermo 700k

van Aanholt 2.5m

N'Gog Loan

Loaned someone else in but I can't for the life of me remember who it is :)

Some decent buys there I'm sure you will agree. Already made a promising start, sitting seconod after 6 games. My only defeat a 1-0 loss at Bramall Lane after battering Sheff Utd for most of the game. Out of the League Cup after a bad 3-1 defeat away to Swansea however.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck minimum fee release clauses, captain and top scorer aguero has gone to arsenal :lol:

won the league last year, ending real and barcas dominance of la liga, only got 40 of the 72 million he went for to spend (no enough to replace him imo, hes one of the best in the game) so signed paloschi from fc bayern, really really pissed off though

Had an interesting career in this current game for sure. Started with Gateshead in the Blue Square North and got them two consecutive promotions. Left soon after since I had fuck all to spend each season and wound up in Brazil with Goias who were just unearthing some quality young players. Bled them through while signing a few Brazilian midfielders and walked that league twice in a row as well as the National Cup. I was approached by Villareal so popped over to see their finances were fucked so the best I could get them to in 3 seasons was 3rd before I had to sell my top striker and centre-half to afford to get some decent depth. Now, the Fulham job was available so came across, kept them up in the first season and have no money to spend again. I would like to jump to a club with a decent transfer budget.

And one of the players I signed at Conference level with Gateshead is now a Premier League centre-half which was nice. It was better when my Fulham side ripped him to bits but nontheless.

Edited by A NICE HAT

• 10 months later...

Just don't like the 2011 version. So I fired this back up on my new laptop.

Had a January update and I’ve updated it with most of the major English transfers and big European ones I remembered like Sanchez to Barca.

Started with the Toon gave myself a budget of 15 million since we should have that lying around. . .

First purchase was Rat to play left back and then Carlton Cole as my new number 9 for about 5 million.

Ranger got sold to Chelsea for five million, I also loaned Jonas to Roma with a future fee for about 7.5 million so hopefully they take me up on that.

Hopefully sign either a young left back as back up or another striker before the window closes and see what deadwood I can shift.

Not played for about 3 weeks was killing me. :lol: