Lescott dropped for Everton

Sir Bob Almighty!

If Taylor doesn't feature tonight, he's gone, but other than that he's gonna be here until Christmas at least.

Waste of time, Ashley will probably get him some cheap socks from sports direct.

Well that is pretty ominous as far as Lescott is concerned. With any luck it'll be one of those that drags on til the last few hours of deadline day and Moyes will run out of time to replace him.

It's players like Taylor we need in the Championship, anyone that replaces him is likely to be old or a loan signing, neither of which is good for the long term.

One of the best in this league i think if Taylor there we can afford to have another not so good and get away with it e.g Colo or even inexperieced Kadar, Taylor will be solid.

Edited by kingshearer

I think moyes has been spectacularly naive about this whole thing, should never have played him against Arsenal should have sold him as soon as he asked to be put on the transfer list

he was always going to go all his stubborness is doing is giving him less time to srt out a replacement

If i was Moyes i would take the cash i dont think Lescott is all that great, If he leaves it any longer all the good centre backs that might go will have already gone just hope its not Taylor, Tell Moyes he can have Colo for 10 mil.

I dont see why Moyes should be bullied into selling a player that he wants to keep (even though it looks like that happened)

Lescott is on a contract and should be professional enough to honour that without going in a hissy fit and handing in a transfer request.

Everton will finish about Man City anyway IMO.

Moyes drops Lescott over attitude

Everton boss David Moyes has dropped Joleon Lescott from his squad for the Europa League match against Sigma Olomouc because of his "poor attitude".

The 26-year-old Manchester City target played in the disastrous 6-1 defeat at home to Arsenal on Saturday.

Moyes said: "His attitude in the past few days has been poor and for that reason I won't include him.

"I've always thought he was a good lad. But I think he has not only let himself down but his team-mates, too."

Lescott, who had a transfer request rejected last week, was widely criticised for his performance against Arsenal.

And the defender did not train with the first team on Wednesday.

However, Moyes remains insistent that he does not want to sell the player to City, who have already had bids of £15m and £18m rejected.

"I hope this will all be sorted out, after the (transfer) deadline," added the Everton boss.

These cunts forget how fucking good they have it, bet there was a time when the prick was ecstatic to have made it through the academy after seeing how many players never even make it that far. Let alone be playing first team football in the fucking premiership. All about the lifestyle now.

Cock-suckers.

There was a time that football contracts favoured the clubs over the players - not any more since the advent of agents....

Moyes has be monumentally naive. Should have sold him as soon as he said he wanted to go - what good is a player who doesn't want to play for you any more? Smacks big time of how Spurs fucked around with the Berbatov situation last season and look what that did to the start of their season...

Taylor playing tonight means he's staying where he is (thank god). Hopefully Campbell is on board this week (and Lovenkrands). Things are looking better :D

There was a time that football contracts favoured the clubs over the players - not any more since the advent of agents....

Moyes has be monumentally naive. Should have sold him as soon as he said he wanted to go - what good is a player who doesn't want to play for you any more? Smacks big time of how Spurs fucked around with the Berbatov situation last season and look what that did to the start of their season...

Taylor playing tonight means he's staying where he is (thank god). Hopefully Campbell is on board this week (and Lovenkrands). Things are looking better :D

Does it though?

Does it though?

It means nothing really, just means he probably isnt leaving THIS WEEK.

Does it though?

more that no deal has been agreed with everton or whoever

It proves that what went on after the final whistle on Saturday was not the 'long goodbye'. That's what everyone was basing their opinions on when they said he was leaving...

I did think he was a gonner, I do think he will now stay. True to his word unlike some of the others who've gone.

Moyes has come out saying that he has dropped Lescott because of his attitiude, and that he hopes his attitude will improve after the window closes. Moyes has always seemed a straight talker, so I can't see Lescott going unless Man City offer something ridiculous for him. If they do, Everton will buy someone straight away but there's no reason to think that person would be Taylor. When Jagielka's fit they have two good centre halfs with him and Yobo.

Does it though?

more that no deal has been agreed with everton or whoever

Or maybe a deal is in the pipeline but just wont be sorted THIS WEEK.

Hence why hes still playing.

I'm not saying there is or has been any offers, but who knows.

When Jagielka's fit they have two good centre halfs with him and Yobo.

Yes. I have an Everton supporting mate who says Jagielka was awesome at CB before he got injured. I wonder whether Taylor would be guaranteed a start ahead of Jagielka and Yobo if both were available?

When Jagielka's fit they have two good centre halfs with him and Yobo.

Yes. I have an Everton supporting mate who says Jagielka was awesome at CB before he got injured. I wonder whether Taylor would be guaranteed a start ahead of Jagielka and Yobo if both were available?

Certainly not over Jagielka. My Everton supporting mate also has glowing things to say about him (I nicknamed him "Air" Jagielka after the ridiculous handball penalty he commited to ensure Sheffield went down a few years back - it turned out well for him as he got a move to Everton out of it). . Reckons he was their player of the season last year. Lescott gets more plaudits because he also chips in with a hefty amount of goals for a defender (or for a NUFC midfielder).