Uruguay

Woodgate27

Funny lot they are. First they change the kick off time for the first leg of the World Cup qualifier against us to 9pm local, so we would have to catch a flight the next day and only get back to Sydney the day before the 2nd leg. Apparantly they had a chartered flight organised to leave straight after the match.

Funny for two reasons. Obviously they don't do their research. The main sponsor of the FFA is.... Qantas. Who have organised a FREE charter to leave 3 hours after the first leg and arrive in Sydney early on Monday, about 60 hours before the 2nd leg.

The second reason it's funny is... Uruguay's charter has fallen through, as they couldn't afford the $800,000 (and have blamed this on an Australian-American conspiracy). So it is them who will have to take a flight that stops in 4 different cities, takes 36 hours and arrives in Sydney a little over 24 hours before the 2nd leg.

Now our friendly South Americans are sooking to Fifa because we will not agree to bring the match foward 4 hours so they can catch an earlier flight. Stiff sh*t I say.

Fools

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and no doubt you'll meet them with marching bands and perhaps an hourly fly past of their hotel by the RAAF's F111's??

54052[/snapback]

Probably, although any jets the RAAF own are likely to crash into their hotel, and i want to see a football match.

After the shinanigans over in Montevideo four years ago they deserve what they get. Apart from jet fighters colliding with their hotel.

:D TBH

:D

54053[/snapback]

Remember that Australia direct WC spot thread? I can see this amazing one go that way.

You love that tumbleweed hey alex.

54057[/snapback]

Get Blaydon here now!

:D TBH

54053[/snapback]

Remember that Australia direct WC spot thread? I can see this amazing one go that way.

You love that tumbleweed hey alex.

54057[/snapback]

Get Blaydon here now!

54059[/snapback]

Please don't.

For what it's worth I don't believe we deserved an automatic spot for defeating the Soloman Islands. It's all irrelevant anyway, next time we'll be in Asia and at the WC instead of Saudi Arabia or China.

And I can't see us beating Uruguay.

Can't wait for the Aussies to lose this one an'all like.

54250[/snapback]

:naughty:

It will be close but i think we will lose. Got to love Uruguay though and the efforts they go to! I think they are worried that the big Duke will score or maybe old man Vidmar will help Schwarzenegger or maybe that other tall lanky bloke Kalac get a clean sheet. Kalac is better then me at indoor, maybe our team should employ him on a part time basis.

In the end after all the blood, sweat and urine bombs that have been hurled. Maybe after throwing the urine bombs they throw the flour bombs so the flour sticks to our players and form a nice paste.

Isnt their a moat around the stadium in Monteovideo?

We should bring back Damien Mori!

Now it appears the corrupt organisation known as the federation of international fraud association will bend over backwards to help their south american bed buddies, and move the kick off time again, in the name of "fair play". Conveniantly forgetting Uruguay first moved the match in a failed attempt to screw us around.

It's like the kid at school crying to the teachers whenever he gets picked on.

Now it appears the corrupt organisation known as the federation of international fraud association will bend over backwards to help their south american bed buddies, and move the kick off time again, in the name of "fair play". Conveniantly forgetting Uruguay first moved the match in a failed attempt to screw us around.

54374[/snapback]

No one here cares tbh. Apart from Wellsy :naughty:

People will care when Australia beat England 4-3 in the quarter finals :naughty:

And when that happens you can all think, if only Uruguay weren't pussy little whinging poofters and actually worried about playing football. Because if they did focus, i've no doubt they'll beat us.

(I know nobody cares, I"m just posting this garbage to amuse myself)

54374[/snapback]

No one here cares tbh. Apart from Wellsy :naughty:

54377[/snapback]

If only we were playing England! We would have it in the bag with 3 away goals. Let me remind you the last time we met;

0,,2003070471,00.jpg

Guus Hiddink > Sven Goran Eriksson

I mean why would you keep picking Jenas? Where is Scotty Parker?

People will care when Australia beat England 4-3 in the quarter finals :huh:

And when that happens you can all think, if only Uruguay weren't pussy little whinging poofters and actually worried about playing football. Because if they did focus, i've no doubt they'll beat us.

(I know nobody cares, I"m just posting this garbage to amuse myself)

54386[/snapback]

Bit optimistic for either side to get that far :naughty:

Is this the Aussie excuse downpayment thread?

54392[/snapback]

Not making excuses, quite the opposite actually. We have so many advantages to make it this time it's not even funny.

Whether we take advantage of these advantages is debatable. I doubt it but I've been burnt by the socceroos plenty of times before, so I could be cynical.

But I'm sure Steve believes we'll win, and in Steve I trust

Is this the Aussie excuse downpayment thread?

54392[/snapback]

Not making excuses, quite the opposite actually. We have so many advantages to make it this time it's not even funny.

Whether we take advantage of these advantages is debatable. I doubt it but I've been burnt by the socceroos plenty of times before, so I could be cynical.

But I'm sure Steve believes we'll win, and in Steve I trust

54394[/snapback]

What will be funny is when you still fail to make it. :naughty: