Taylor in talks with Everton

Craig

EVERTON last night launched an £8m bid to sign Newcastle defender Steven Taylor – and that could clear the way for Joleon Lescott to join Manchester City.

Taylor could be the latest star to leave St James’s Park following Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Oba Martins, Sebastien Bassong and Habib Beye.

The former England under 21s captain Taylor is Moyes' No 1 target – even though the Everton boss still wants to hang onto Lescott. But City boss Mark Hughes yesterday insisted the deal is not dead and said: “People need to be able to get in a position where they can speak and discuss whether or not the situation can be moved forward and that hasn’t happened yet.

Source: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/9...ade-for-Moyes-/

No quotes at all so most likely bullshit but if someone did come in with an £8m bid then I've no doubt he'd be off too.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's him away then. I think Scottish Mag predicted this as soon as Man City started sniffing around Lescott. I've never been Taylor's biggest fan and I still think there are a lot of question marks about him (particularly at CB) but he would have been excellent in the Championship imo.

Edited by alex

£8m, fucking snap their hands off!

Cant we give them Colo too?

Whether or not it's good money is irrelevant though isn't it? Another body down and more money in Ashley's sky rocket.

If we keep selling these players then we are in serious threat of relegation.

I know. Paper thin squad already man. 46 league games makes injuries inevitable and we seem to have had an injury crisis every year for about the last half dozen seasons.

.....and who are we going to play in defense pray tell?

Fuckin exactly - its mint seeing these numbers for players but not so good when we are getting raped on a saturday afternoon by Doncaster and Blackpool et al

I know. Paper thin squad already man. 46 league games makes injuries inevitable and we seem to have had an injury crisis every year for about the last half dozen seasons.

I can see the annual injury crisis coming as well. What happens when we cant field 11 fit professionals ?? Will the games be canceled?

Whether or not it's good money is irrelevant though isn't it? Another body down and more money in Ashley's sky rocket.

There'll be no firesale though....... :mellow:

.....and who are we going to play in defense pray tell?

Fuckin exactly - its mint seeing these numbers for players but not so good when we are getting raped on a saturday afternoon by Doncaster and Blackpool et al

Yep, plus it's like the property boom. People sell their houses and make a fortune....but all the other houses have gone up too! doh!

If we had a decent owner who knew what he was doing (ie he had another Bassong or two lined up) I'd say it was a fair enough move.... but the pie boy will just be thinking "ooh wot a touch!" ... just like they do at Arsenal.

I can see the annual injury crisis coming as well. What happens when we cant field 11 fit professionals ?? Will the games be canceled?

If that happens we can fully expect a heafty fine and points deduction......per game.

Colo and Enrique won't be too far behind him...leaving us with no first team defenders.

BIG Ryan Taylor is all we need tbh. Once he slams the walls down, we don't concede :mellow:

Yep, it's only by virtue of our relative lack of injuries that we're able to field a reasonably decent side. Knock out two defenders, and two forwards and we'll really be struggling.

What difference does the money make? :o

The club could sell him for £50m, but the fans will never get to see it (reinvested in the team), as it'll just disappear into the club/Assley's pockets. :mellow:

Here's what I don't understand.

Ashley wants to sell the club. He values the club at £100m, which was probably reasonable at the time (i.e. before players started to leave in droves, with fan morale reasonable given the likelihood of Shearer coming in).

Everything we've heard suggests that the offers have been below that figure and he's not willing to budge.

Every player shifted on and every dropped point makes us less saleable.

The longer he leaves us without a manager, with no decisions being made and no players replacing those sold the worse it gets and the less money he'll ultimately get.

The longer he leaves it, the less chance of any manager worth his salt coming to the club and we are stuck with JFK who will act as a repellant for ticket sales.

I've said it before, but this guy's business acumen leaves a lot to be desired. He must have got incredibly lucky to be as wealthy as he is.