Taylor in talks with Everton

Craig

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I don't understand.

Ashley wants to sell the club. He values the club at £100m, which was probably reasonable at the time (i.e. before players started to leave in droves, with fan morale reasonable given the likelihood of Shearer coming in).

Everything we've heard suggests that the offers have been below that figure and he's not willing to budge.

Every player shifted on and every dropped point makes us less saleable.

The longer he leaves us without a manager, with no decisions being made and no players replacing those sold the worse it gets and the less money he'll ultimately get.

The longer he leaves it, the less chance of any manager worth his salt coming to the club and we are stuck with JFK who will act as a repellant for ticket sales.

I've said it before, but this guy's business acumen leaves a lot to be desired. He must have got incredibly lucky to be as wealthy as he is.

His particular attributes (and a health dose of luck) where probably somewhat suited to selling :mellow: to chavs in the boom times, unfortunately pretty much anything else you might call "business" (including share trading given his stupendous loses) seems to be completely beyond him. :o

taylors good enough for the championship, but he's not as good as lescott. everton would suffer. as for us, he's probably our best defender in the current squad. that really doesn't say much though....

Enrique is a better defender imo, not that I see him staying long either.

Everton is looking for a pot to hold their piss. I don't think any story linking them with a player that costs money is true, tbh.

Yeah but if they sell Lescott (and given he wants to go I cant see them keeping hold of him) they'll have plenty of cash and will obviously need to find a replacement.

It would be a big blow though, Taylor is ideal for the Championship. If any centre back should be sold it's Coloccini.

taylors good enough for the championship, but he's not as good as lescott. everton would suffer. as for us, he's probably our best defender in the current squad. that really doesn't say much though....

Enrique is a better defender imo, not that I see him staying long either.

point taken. his use of the ball is often not quite good enough (for me at least). if he goes we are truly knackered...

You can see what will happen, they'll sell Taylor (for less than they should like normal) then fail to offer Campbell decent terms so he won't join and we'll be fucked.

I've been impressed with the money we've got for everyone we've sold so far to be fair.

You can see what will happen, they'll sell Taylor (for less than they should like normal) then fail to offer Campbell decent terms so he won't join and we'll be fucked.

I've been impressed with the money we've got for everyone we've sold so far to be fair.

Not gonna help us though mate is it?

All going into fat lads pastry ridden pockets. :D

With each chip that made in the club we get weaker and weaker.....

Each time we win MA prob thinks we can afford to sell one more...

We've sold far better players than Steven Taylor in the past as well btw. So even in our current plight anyone who has "had enough" because of this is welcome to go as far as I am concerned.