Taylor in talks with Everton

Craig

Given, Bassong and Beye are three names that spring immediately to mind.

I'd rule out Given as he left with plenty of replacements... and he didn't want to leave..

Bassong - well to be honest I agree.. Beye I am not 100% on.. he was ok and played with his heart... but this highlights the problem with Taylor now going..

With Bassong and Taylor going I beleive it leaves a big hole in team.. we could still do ok without the others .. why can't we just sell players like .. Butt (who I'm trying to work out if he is worse than Nolan for giving ball to opposition or not..)..

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not pissed that it's Geordie Boy Steven Taylor , I'm pissed that we're severely weakening our defence. Enrique is the only defender I have faith once Taylor goes.

Even if Campbell comes in, our first choice partnership at the back will be old and slow, nervy and apathetic. Taylor-Campbell would have been fine in my eyes, but with Colo as our first choice CB we're going to ship a lot of goals. Especially given the paucity of talent in reserve.

Say we do get Campbell, what happens when he gets crocked? Kadar? Tozer?

Shane Long gave Colo worries, what is Morrison going to do to him, or Chopra?

We're not going to get a massive amount for Taylor, we certainly don't have time to reinvest whatever we do get, we don't have a replacement at the club, He's not old, he wasn't the biggest earner left on the books and he wasn't looking to leave... it just beggars belief.

But no-one can get an answer from Ashley or Llambias to explain this.

I get selling Duff, I get selling Beye and Martins, Bassong too... We got good money for them all and (other than Duff, perhaps) they all had their eyes on the door anyway. It's ridiculous to think, but honestly? I can't see any motivation behind this sale other than spite.

"They came for Waddle and i said nothing ...

They came for beardsley and i did nothing ...

They came for Gazza and then i realised there was no one else left .."

Well there was Kenny Wharton...

This is a whole different ballgame.....Ashley didnt look at the books, crapped himself when he realised the state shep had left us in and has been basically floundering ever since. He's only interested in getting his money back, and if it means selling the tea lady and the ball boys then so be it. He doesnt want to plan for the future, he wants his cash and will leave us up a certain creek without a certain rowing implement when he finally gets enough to cover his costs/losses.

Cunt

:D

Beats me how people can be happy about replacing a young player who will get better by a 35 year old cockney with no pace and the turning circle of the titanic. Especially one who knocked us back a couple of years ago when he still has something to offer. Now he's just considering us as a last payday. I've had enough of fucking cockneys bleeding the club to last me a lifetime.

I'm not pissed that it's Geordie Boy Steven Taylor , I'm pissed that we're severely weakening our defence. Enrique is the only defender I have faith once Taylor goes.

Even if Campbell comes in, our first choice partnership at the back will be old and slow, nervy and apathetic. Taylor-Campbell would have been fine in my eyes, but with Colo as our first choice CB we're going to ship a lot of goals. Especially given the paucity of talent in reserve.

Say we do get Campbell, what happens when he gets crocked? Kadar? Tozer?

Shane Long gave Colo worries, what is Morrison going to do to him, or Chopra?

We're not going to get a massive amount for Taylor, we certainly don't have time to reinvest whatever we do get, we don't have a replacement at the club, He's not old, he wasn't the biggest earner left on the books and he wasn't looking to leave... it just beggars belief.

But no-one can get an answer from Ashley or Llambias to explain this.

I get selling Duff, I get selling Beye and Martins, Bassong too... We got good money for them all and (other than Duff, perhaps) they all had their eyes on the door anyway. It's ridiculous to think, but honestly? I can't see any motivation behind this sale other than spite.

Aside from Ashley being a complete cunt i'd guess the most likely reason is a club has come up with good money (well good enough for fat fuck to accept) for Taylor whereas nobody has offered enough/anything for Colocini. But i'm quiet sure that if they do offer enough he'll shift Colo as well leaving us with no CB's with any real first team experience.

Beats me how people can be happy about replacing a young player who will get better by a 35 year old cockney with no pace and the turning circle of the titanic. Especially one who knocked us back a couple of years ago when he still has something to offer. Now he's just considering us as a last payday. I've had enough of fucking cockneys bleeding the club to last me a lifetime.

Nobody is happy, but getting a guy who will still be good enough for the championship and would be great help in guiding the young defenders (those left anyway) is a good signing. However unlike fat fuck Ashley we'd keep Taylor to play alongside him

And he didn't knock us back, Roeder chose not to sign him when his agent/the man himself had made it clear he was very keen to come and play here.

I expect to see Ashley on Dragons Den by the end of the season ...asking for £50 million for a 10 % stake .......

Duncan Banatyne ; " Let me tell you where i am Mike ...Youre a fat lying asset stripping cunt ...and for those reasons Mike ...im out "

Aside from Ashley being a complete cunt i'd guess the most likely reason is a club has come up with good money (well good enough for fat fuck to accept) for Taylor whereas nobody has offered enough/anything for Colocini. But i'm quiet sure that if they do offer enough he'll shift Colo as well leaving us with no CB's with any real first team experience.

That's just it though, the money isn't good enough. If Ashley had ANY thought for the club he'd not sell Steven Taylor. Even the most mackem-like of cockney-cunt would see that no Centre Back of note means no results of note, which means no value of note for the club, which means the £5m he gets for Taylor will be wiped out by the lower position in the league. If Ashley was staying he'd need to keep Taylor to push for Promotion, if he's going, why the fuck sell a player who adds value to the club?

I was worried about Palace before this, now I'm fucking terrified. 0-3 and the start of the rot, I reckon.

That's just it though, the money isn't good enough. If Ashley had ANY thought for the club he'd not sell Steven Taylor. Even the most mackem-like of cockney-cunt would see that no Centre Back of note means no results of note, which means no value of note for the club, which means the £5m he gets for Taylor will be wiped out by the lower position in the league. If Ashley was staying he'd need to keep Taylor to push for Promotion, if he's going, why the fuck sell a player who adds value to the club?

I was worried about Palace before this, now I'm fucking terrified. 0-3 and the start of the rot, I reckon.

I agree, but we clearly don't have Ashley's insight into running a football club! Any team needs the spine in place and if you take out all the CB's we're in trouble.

We all think that he is only interested in getting a smuch money back as possible, but like you say he won't if he keeps selling everyone, because if we start to struggle the value of the club keeps dropping and the fat cunt loses out.

I'm not pissed that it's Geordie Boy Steven Taylor ™, I'm pissed that we're severely weakening our defence. Enrique is the only defender I have faith once Taylor goes.

Oh dont fret, he will be selling enrique too soon

No wink :D

Oh dont fret, he will be selling enrique too soon

No wink :D

Enrique is right near the top of the list for players i don't want to see being sold, i've always rated him and think he will cruise through the championship this season, and he's the only bastard senior LB we have!

But if a Spanish club shows up with anything like £3-4m plus i'm sure he'll be on his way with the fuckwitts we have in charge.

Steven Taylor is the difference between promotion from the championship or relegation to the first division?

Whilst i can sympathise with the feeling of loss, four words spring to mind.

Get, A, Fucking, and Grip.

Strawman ...the Taylor sale MEANS Ashley is staying , Shearer aint coming back , promotion is a goner , etc ...try keeping up to speed old boy : )

Steven Taylor is the difference between promotion from the championship or relegation to the first division?

It's more the intention.

Moving on, say Taylor is on £30,000 a week. That's £1,560,000 a year. Say Coloccini is on £60,000 a week, that's £3,120,000 a year. We sell Taylor for £8 million, that's a total of £9,560,000 difference across a single season, or £11,276,000 over a two year period. We sell Coloccini for £4 million, that's a total of £7,120,000 difference across a single season, or £10,240,000 over a two year period.

Coloccini still has 4 years to run on his 5 year contract. Taylor still has 2 years to run on his three year contract extension.

I know you can't sell what noone wants to buy, but surely someone in Spain will take him for less than half of what was paid for him 12 months ago.

And the sale of Taylor does not imply that Ashley is staying. More likely he's trying to get as much money out of the club as possible, then will sell it for a reduced price.

Edited by OzToonFan

Strawman ...the Taylor sale MEANS Ashley is staying , Shearer aint coming back , promotion is a goner , etc ...try keeping up to speed old boy : )

No, no, am with you keep going...., promotion is a goner and we are going down, since one of the average defenders in an awful premiership team is leaving.

He couldnt make one place difference in the league last year but now his (unconfirmed) sale makes twenty places difference in the championship?

Alsohow can performing well in this league be based on Shearer returning if we are unbeaten and 3rd?

If you read my posts ( see also Reality Check thread ) you would know that i think we will finish mid table...

We are 3rd after 3 games ..i recall the words of Chairman Mao when asked about the French Revolution .." Its too early to tell." : )

The point about selling Taylor is what it MEANS ... it means Shearer aint coming back , kiss promotion goodbye , asset stripping like youve never seen before...

The way I see it, is the opposite. If Taylor does go, it indicates LardAsh is getting a few quid more in his pocket before selling up.