all of his deceiving

If he becomes a blue dipper

Hes as bad as the Yorkshire ripper

Anyway hes a cockney cunt

Milking applause hes got some front

The truth is hes shite

And deep down the lads a kopite

Edited by Stevie

Having said that he's the only defender to weigh in with a few goals each season we have. I'm struggling to recall the last one, Dabizas?

Bernard probably. In his first spell at the club that is :D

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/4663...-Newcastle.html

STEVEN TAYLOR FEARS STITCH-UP

Defender wants to stay at troubled Newcastle

BEING FORCED OUT - Steven Taylor

By MARTIN HARDY, 22/08/2009

NEWCASTLE defender Steven Taylor fears he will be forced out to ease the club's crippling financial problems.

The England Under-21 captain is one of the few saleable players left at St James' Park.

Owner Mike Ashley still wants to boost the Toon's coffers and is prepared to sell Taylor for £8million.

And Taylor, 23, believes a move to Everton is being arranged behind his back.

A source close to the player said: "He feels he is being forced out.

"They are trying to get rid of the kid because they can't get rid of other players. They want to discredit him.

"It's so sad. They are trying to make him look a villain. He is gutted. The kid's been there since he was nine. He loves the club."

The club's future still lies on a knife edge with Ashley STILL undecided on whether to sell.

He needs to reduce the club's £48m wage bill to help push through a sale.

Ashley will make a final decision on Barry Moat's bid this week but the would-be buyer needs more funds to service the £40m overdraft he will inherit.

Sources close to Freddy Shepherd, who has tabled a £60m bid, insist he has NOT joined forces with Ray Ranson to try and take control.

NEWCASTLE defender Steven Taylor fears he will be forced out to ease the club's crippling financial problems.

The England Under-21 captain is one of the few saleable players left at St James' Park.

Owner Mike Ashley still wants to boost the Toon's coffers and is prepared to sell Taylor for £8million.

"They are trying to get rid of the kid because they can't get rid of other players. They want to discredit him.

"It's so sad. They are trying to make him look a villain. He is gutted. The kid's been there since he was nine. He loves the club."

The club's future still lies on a knife edge with Ashley STILL undecided on whether to sell.

Ashley will make a final decision on Barry Moat's bid this week but the would-be buyer needs more funds to service the £40m overdraft he will inherit.

Sources close to Freddy Shepherd, who has tabled a £60m bid, insist he has NOT joined forces with Ray Ranson to try and take control.

Has his dad started doing press-releases again?

That was my first thought.

That was my first thought.

Good old Alf.

How can it be a stitch up, surely no is no when your on a long contract. Apart from bullshit from the Taylor camp, am I missing something. Can the club sell if the player says no?

technically I dont think you can but at the same time, a club can make it hard for a player to stay "we need to sell you for the club to compete", "if you dont go then you wont be played", "we'll kill your dog" etc etc

At the same time this article could be a "I bleed black and white and dont want to go honest" written while on the phone to Moyes begging a move.

How can it be a stitch up, surely no is no when your on a long contract. Apart from bullshit from the Taylor camp, am I missing something. Can the club sell if the player says no?

technically I dont think you can but at the same time, a club can make it hard for a player to stay "we need to sell you for the club to compete", "if you dont go then you wont be played", "we'll kill your dog" etc etc

All of which we know is bollocks.

All of which we know is bollocks.

I dunno, I wouldnt put a bit of doggycide past Llambias, in fact he looks the type to partake in a bit of doggyfiddling tbh :lol:

Absolute madness if we sell Taylor.... no regonised centre half to come in and Colocinni also wanting off.

For me, we build a new young team around Taylor... nailed on. If they sell him I think we can kiss promotion goodbye.

Edited by NewJerseyMag

Bloody hell, now he's linked with Arsenal and Vila.

Will this farce never stop?

<http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-target-Newcastle-defender-Steven-Taylor-article127845.html>

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is ready to make a £6 million raid on Newcastle United for England Under-21 centre-half Steven Taylor.

O'Neill has been looking far and wide for a new defender since losing Martin Laursen and selling Zat Knight and his scouts believe Taylor has qualities to replace both.

Taylor has been chased by several clubs this summer but none have met the Toon's valuation - and now Villa will try to tempt him away from Tyneside before the window shuts as the pressure grows on O'Neill to buy.

O'Neill has cash to spend and the fans are demanding signings in a hurry, with Taylor certainly in his range and budget if he reckons the deal is ultimately good value.

Taylor has impressed for the Under-21s and made a name for himself, but his form has been mixed for Newcastle during their last year of troubles.

O'Neill thinks he can bring out the best in Taylor and will try to land him as part of a major signing push in the next few days.

Villa chief O'Neill made a personal check on Wigan's Austrian star Paul Scharner at the weekend and is still keen on him if the price is right - despite being part of the side mauled 5-0 by Manchester United.

<http://www.extrafootie.co.uk/clubs/detailed/arsenal/24540/>

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is set to step in and snatch Steven Taylor from Newcastle, hijacking his proposed switch to Everton.

The versatile 23-year-old, who is predominantly employed as a centre-half is believed to be high on Arsene Wenger's wish list. The Gunners boss has added Belgian international Thomas Vermaelen to his squad, but is keen to recruit further reinforcements.

Taylor is thought to be close to sealing a switch to Goodison Park, officials at the Merseyside club are waiting until the sale of Joleon Lescott is complete before giving the green light to David Moyes to land the former England U21 man.

But this delay could be exploited by Arsene Wenger. He can move straight away for Taylor, and the lure of Champions League football could be enough to persuade the player to chose North London over Liverpool.

A fee in the region of £8million is believed to be the figure needed for The Magpies to release one of their most prized assets, and Taylor is known to be keen to return to The Premier League as soon as possible.

Bullshit!

Should read:

and Taylor is known to be keen for Newcastle to return to The Premier League as soon as possible

imo Taylor will be off like a shot to one of the better prem clubs if a deal's agreed. I doubt this chat about being 'forced out' is genuine, any footballer wants to advance his career. What sticks in my craw is that we have to sell him rather than Coloccini because no-one seems to want him at the price and wages demanded.

£22m fee agreed for Lescott (which is comical) but we should he looking to agree an equally comical fee for Taylor if Everton do want him. Just goes to show how stupid we were in our negotiations over Given. Hold out for half an hour or so and Man City just lose their minds.