Taylor in talks with Everton

Craig

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo Taylor will be off like a shot to one of the better prem clubs if a deal's agreed. I doubt this chat about being 'forced out' is genuine, any footballer wants to advance his career. What sticks in my craw is that we have to sell him rather than Coloccini because no-one seems to want him at the price and wages demanded.

What would piss me off is his constant super fan bollocks then fucking off when the going gets tough (tough being playing in front of more fans than Everton and Villa get and being paid £30k plus a week to play for the club you supposedly love). If it were me I would say no I'm going no where. Even if the club said that they couldn't afford to pay that sort of wage I'd look to try and do something with them (taking a £10k a week paycut while in the championship is hardly going to bankrupt him).

I don't expect footballers to do anything like this, we all know they're all mercanaries, but I don't think it would be beyong most true fans and if that's what he's claiming to be that's what he should be telling them.

imo Taylor will be off like a shot to one of the better prem clubs if a deal's agreed. I doubt this chat about being 'forced out' is genuine, any footballer wants to advance his career. What sticks in my craw is that we have to sell him rather than Coloccini because no-one seems to want him at the price and wages demanded.

What would piss me off is his constant super fan bollocks then fucking off when the going gets tough (tough being playing in front of more fans than Everton and Villa get and being paid £30k plus a week to play for the club you supposedly love). If it were me I would say no I'm going no where. Even if the club said that they couldn't afford to pay that sort of wage I'd look to try and do something with them (taking a £10k a week paycut while in the championship is hardly going to bankrupt him).

I don't expect footballers to do anything like this, we all know they're all mercanaries, but I don't think it would be beyong most true fans and if that's what he's claiming to be that's what he should be telling them.

If he does go the owner/off the field situation is his get out of jail card though isn't it?

See I've seen nothing that say's there's any truth in the reports that he's been in talks with Everton. Yet people seem keen to label him a turncoat.

He's putting the performances in on the pitch so until there's proof he's off to Everton or whererever, I'll hold off on condemning him.

If he does go the owner/off the field situation is his get out of jail card though isn't it?

I've no doubt that will be his excuse but it's not good enough for me. Players are paid to play and given that we've had a decent start to the season and look like we could be in with a shout for promotion it wouldn't be too much to ask for one season of loyalty from him. He's young and will still have plenty of admirers this time next year so it's not like he would be stuck playing in the Championship for the rest of his career.

Would it be for you though? Personally you couldn't get me out of the club if I were in his position. I understand players like Chopra wanting to leave when they never get a game at all but Taylor has been one of the first names on the teamsheet for a few seasons now. And we can't realistically drop him for refusing a move when we've got no one else to bring in. If he stays he plays and will get hero treatment from the crowd.

Would it be for you though? Personally you couldn't get me out of the club if I were in his position. I understand players like Chopra wanting to leave when they never get a game at all but Taylor has been one of the first names on the teamsheet for a few seasons now. And we can't realistically drop him for refusing a move when we've got no one else to bring in. If he stays he plays and will get hero treatment from the crowd.

Nah, it wouldn't wash with me and agree with everything you've said. I just think that's how it'll be spun if he does leave.

And yet you have no idea what the attitude within SJP may be toward any of the saleable assets. The fat cunt may be making Taylor's position untenable. Who knows?

Captain Contrary there.

I've no doubt that will be his excuse but it's not good enough for me. Players are paid to play and given that we've had a decent start to the season and look like we could be in with a shout for promotion it wouldn't be too much to ask for one season of loyalty from him. He's young and will still have plenty of admirers this time next year so it's not like he would be stuck playing in the Championship for the rest of his career.

If I were in his position it wouldn't bother me in the slightest playing in the championship for the rest of my career as long as it was with Newcastle. Now I know this isn't how footballers think but it is how we do.

Nah, it wouldn't wash with me and agree with everything you've said. I just think that's how it'll be spun if he does leave.

Without doubt and like you it won't wash with me. No doubt there will be plenty gulible enough to buy it though.

See I've seen nothing that say's there's any truth in the reports that he's been in talks with Everton. Yet people seem keen to label him a turncoat.

He's putting the performances in on the pitch so until there's proof he's off to Everton or whererever, I'll hold off on condemning him.

As far as I've been told Steven Taylor has not yet spoken to Everton.

I suspect that will change if there is no movement on ownership and the appointment of Shearer.

Looking at today's announcement, what a surprise. If Assley appointed anyone other than Shearer and eventually Moat is the new owner, compensation would be necessary if Moat really did want to appoint Shearer as Manager.

At the end of the day, we are back to what we were before the Halls and Shepherd, a selling club that even the local players are forced to leave for career ambition.

So much for the Halls and Shepherd being shite owners.

At the end of the day, we are back to what we were before the Halls and Shepherd, a selling club that even the local players are forced to leave for career ambition.

Wahay a threads not a good one unless Leazes mentions Shepherd... :lol:

:razz:

Wahay a threads not a good one unless Leazes mentions Shepherd... :lol:

:razz:

hope you aren't going to ban me for being right, like those wankers on NO

As it stands it seems there hasn't been a concrete offer for Taylor, but i think theres a good chance of at least one prem team coming calling very soon. I don't blame any player for leaving this mess, as long as they haven't made a big deal about being a toon fan, loving the club and how much it means etc.

If thats true then you don't leave, you have a contract and they can't make you leave, Hughton will still pick him, he won't be banished to play with the kids or anything and he's on good wages. You can't use the excuse you were forced out, its still choice.

However at the moment he hasn't left and is playing well so i'm not having a go at him and i hope he stays, but it seems likely he'll go with this club the way it is.

:lol:

we should really lay bets on this fella. He's reliable as they come.

Wahay a threads not a good one unless Leazes mentions Shepherd... :icon_lol:

:nufc:

Of course not, I don't want bombarded with PMs in my inbox... :icon_lol:

Wahay a threads not a good one unless Leazes mentions Shepherd... :icon_lol:

:nufc:

Of course not, I don't want bombarded with PMs in my inbox... :icon_lol:

and they still haven't sussed out a few posts I've made lately :nufc:

It's quite boring without the real me :D

and they still haven't sussed out a few posts I've made lately :icon_lol:

It's quite boring without the real me :icon_lol:

As if you'd want to go post elsewhere.

I've been busy lately, and got a spoof spyware attack on my pc, took a while to sort it out thought it was going to be a bad job. It was called Total security, got rid of it in the end though.

Dunne about to go to Villa for £6m and Distin to Everton for £5m, so that's it over until January for him.

I don't think anyone else will go between now and 2/9/09 which means what I have always said, this squad is too good in this shite league NOT to be promoted.

Dunne about to go to Villa for £6m and Distin to Everton for £5m, so that's it over until January for him.

I don't think anyone else will go between now and 2/9/09 which means what I have always said, this squad is too good in this shite league NOT to be promoted.

as .com point out....

17 of our current squad have ever started a competitive first team game for the club.

That includes loanee Danny Simpson (2), Tim Krul (1) and Xisco (4), leaving just 14 players who have started ten or more games for us.

I reckon we DO have a team that should be ashamed to not get promoted out of this league. 3 or 4 injuries/suspensions though and our squad couldn't cope.