Taylor in talks with Everton

Craig

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps but realistically it would have meant any deal was dead in the water. Now it just looks to me that he's waited to see what will happen and now that nothing has materialised he's happy to 'commit'.

In much the same way Terry did with Man City? Money talks - everyone knows that and any player who doesn't think twice about moving to a club where his wages are significantly increased is a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic in my book.

The fact that (in both cases) the players put loyalty before greed is highly commendable IMO yet people want to knock them for it for keeping their options open, giving themselves time to think and not immediately rejecting the offers?

The fact that (in both cases) the players put loyalty before greed is highly commendable IMO yet people want to knock them for it for keeping their options open, giving themselves time to think and not immediately rejecting the offers?

You seriously think that Terry was ever going to leave Chelsea? He was using City to screw the club he 'loves' out of an extra £20k a week, it's greed of the highest order.

I'm not knocking Taylor for keeping his options open, that's football nowadays but doing it is not compatible with the 'I'm a Geordie, I want to stay and help us get promoted' shite. If he really was as loyal as he's letting on then he should have came out and dismissed the rumours straight away. When our club is in turmoil the last thing we needed was two weeks of rumours that one of our most important players could be off.

I've come to expect no loyalty from players nowadays but what I can't be doing with is contradictory professions of love and commitment.

(Jesus I sound like a whiny bitch).

Aye on second thoughts you're right... The Taylor and Terry scenarios are definitely different.

I reckon Terry could well have walked mind...