Taylor in talks with Everton

Craig

Kid , youre young and obviously dont know much ..whilst Taylor isnt a world beater ...he will end up a very good player if he goes to Everton and is guided by Moyes. At this stage Taylor is a good PREMIER centre half , someone like Moyes could watch Taylor for a handful of games and see the potential in him , which is why hes a Manager of a Premiership Team and your not .

Half the problem for Taylor has always been that he has been surrounded by Muppets! Bass and Taylor actually looked like making a good partnership given time.. one of my first managers always used to state that Centre half players acually reach their prime at 27/28 - as it is more about reading the game than a lot of positions.. hence the likes of Sol carry on well into their later ages of football life..

If you look at his England performances he actually looked a half decent young centre half.. with good coaching and other players around him who he doesn't have to constantly worry " are they in position... are they going to track back... are we going to give the ball away in midfield again.." I think he is among the better players in the prem.. not world class though.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kets ; Youre too young to remember the Mckeag / Seymour years Taylor isnt the straw , he isnt even the last player that will be sold this transfer window , plenty more time for Fatty to sell bodies , what the Taylor sale MEANS ...is that Fatty aint going nowhere , which means No Shearer , which means we are being asset stripped , which means NO PROMOTION , which means ..WE ARE FUCKED ...YOU GET ME??

Anyone with a brain would get out of this club asap ....WE ARE BEING ASSET STRIPPED !!! ASHLEY IS THE PROBLEM !! FOCUS ON THAT INSTEAD OF PLAYING BLAME THE PLAYER... FFS...

No one is denying that, i'm just confused as to why Taylor is the straw that broke the camels back and not the other ten players? Especially when there are rumours abound we have a decent replacment in Campbell still negotiating?

It seems like NUFC are waiting for Taylor to go before signing Campbell. What a great idea. Swap the former U-21 captain for a defender who has one year left in him. Thats not good business in my book.

Isnt he off to Notts county anyway?

Kid , youre young and obviously dont know much ..whilst Taylor isnt a world beater ...he will end up a very good player if he goes to Everton and is guided by Moyes. At this stage Taylor is a good PREMIER centre half , someone like Moyes could watch Taylor for a handful of games and see the potential in him , which is why hes a Manager of a Premiership Team and your not .

Fucking hell, how patronising do you want to be? :D

Taylor is far from a good centre half. He's strong in the tackle but he's got the brain of a gnat. He is not a good Premiership defender, if he was we wouldn't have went down. There was only one truly class CB at the club last season and he scored last weekend for his new club.

Moyes probably can see potential in Taylor, we all could at one point. The fact of the matter is he's had years to build on that and mature here but right until the death last year he was still making the same silly mistakes. Is it our fault for not bringing in someone to help nuture him? Probably. However, at the minute he's nothing more than a decent Championship defender. I'd be very happy if we sold him for something close to £10 million and brought in some one like Kilgalon, however unlikely that is.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Kets ; Youre too young to remember the Mckeag / Seymour years Taylor isnt the straw , he isnt even the last player that will be sold this transfer window , plenty more time for Fatty to sell bodies , what the Taylor sale MEANS ...is that Fatty aint going nowhere , which means No Shearer , which means we are being asset stripped , which means NO PROMOTION , which means ..WE ARE FUCKED ...YOU GET ME??

I agree. I hope we get enough points on the board before everyone leaves on aug 31 because there will be more chance of relegation than promotion.

Taylor is far from a good centre half. He's strong in the tackle but he's got the brain of a gnat. He is not a good Premiership defender, if he was we wouldn't have went down. There was only one truly class CB at the club last season and he scored last weekend for his new club.

You're blaming Taylor for our relegation? :D

Sadly it would seem this is a very accurate observation, with the size of the squad as it is and the 'senior' first team players going out of the door as they are we simply won't have the team to put out for even a half decent campaign. We were a thin squad about 4-5 years ago, we're near-death anorexic now! :D

You're blaming Taylor for our relegation? :D

No. The point i'm trying to make is Tantastic Taylor is far from the dominant centre back he's made out to be.

I'm not happy we're selling players, i'm just bemused when someone as painfully average as Two Pools provokes this type of reaction when we've lost much better over recent months.

Edited by Ketsbaia

taylor going is even more symbolic of our demise than given leaving in january. he's the local lad and potential future captain. maybe not the best defender in the world but more than good enough for this division. it's on par with west ham going down and losing joe cole and leeds going down and losing alan smith

If by some miracle we actually are promoted with whatever scraps of a team we have remaining at the end of the window (then who's to say more won't go in the next window) then what is going to happen when we're back in the Premiership? We're going to have to pay overs for players who are worse than ones we've let go. There's not a pool of decent premiership players hanging around waiting to be snapped up for dirt cheap prices. Ergo, even if we do manage to go up, there's buckleys chance of sufficient money being invested to prevent us from going straight back down.

I do think the media outlets have jumped the gun on this one though. If Taylor goes there's no way we'll hang onto Enrique, Coloccini or Jonas (they'll hold out for as long as possible to get the best possible prices, but they'll all go). Barton, Smith and Geremi will also go if an offer is received.

We'll be left with this side:

GK: Harper

RB: Simpson*

CB: Tozer

CB: Morris

LB: Kadar

RM: R. Taylor

CM: Butt

CM: Nolan**

LM: LuaLua

CF: Ameobi

CF: Carroll

Subs:

Soderberg

Vuckic

Guthrie

Donaldson

Lough

Ranger

Baheng

* - For 6 months

** - Could also be sold

taylor going is even more symbolic of our demise than given leaving in january. he's the local lad and potential future captain. maybe not the best defender in the world but more than good enough for this division. it's on par with west ham going down and losing joe cole and leeds going down and losing alan smith

Yep, it's more about what this says about our owner and our future direction than just the loss of the player himself.

I was just sick a little bit in my mouth.

People can we stop dreaming already? Forget promotion ...its not going to happen...not under this Fat Cunt...

Your pessimism is nearly as annoying as that other twat's deluded optimism, give it a rest.

No. The point i'm trying to make is Tantastic Taylor is far from the dominant centre back he's made out to be.

I'm not happy we're selling players, i'm just bemused when someone as painfully average as Two Pools provokes this type of reaction when we've lost much better over recent months.

Who've we lost who is much better?

Owen was a injury prone over the hill over paid waster who did nothing when on the pitch...

Martins.. needed so many chances... scored some good ones, but to be honest I think Shola will score just as many goals in Championship so no real loss..

Duff - mm nothing to say really never rated him.. slow.. gives ball away.. can't defend.. looked a good player in Championship.. says it all really..

Given - well he saw what was coming.. but we had Harper and Krul.. so no real concerns...

How far back do you want to go...

Who've we lost who is much better?

Owen was a injury prone over the hill over paid waster who did nothing when on the pitch...

Martins.. needed so many chances... scored some good ones, but to be honest I think Shola will score just as many goals in Championship so no real loss..

Duff - mm nothing to say really never rated him.. slow.. gives ball away.. can't defend.. looked a good player in Championship.. says it all really..

Given - well he saw what was coming.. but we had Harper and Krul.. so no real concerns...

How far back do you want to go...

Given, Bassong and Beye are three names that spring immediately to mind.