Graham 401 Roberts on Radio Newcastle tonight...

accadacca

In the circumstances i expect them to be breathing fire and preaching revolution !!! We get a nice rally at the Monument instead : )

The rally at the Monument was too nasty for some apparently :lol:

I can't speak for the group but I wouldn't blame NUSC if they wrote you off as a lost cause

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next question is "Well why dont you join , and make your views known " .... I think my ideas are a tad too revolutionary for the NUSC : )

so why dont you join up and make your vie....... oh fuck :razz:

lol ... i toyed with the idea ...until i heard a couple of the broadcasts of meetings at the Irish Club ... People saying ..Ooh we musn't upset Ashley ...lets not buy the pies FFS ...

Yep, NOBODY should have to deal with that kind of thing....no wonder you just decided to opt for the "do nothing" option.

Carry on your good work here on the forum. :lol:

Took you a long while to think that riposte up : )

Seriously though ... the Nusc are well meaning ...dont get me wrong ...theyre just not my type of people...

In the circumstances i expect them to be breathing fire and preaching revolution !!! We get a nice rally at the Monument instead : )

The rally at the Monument was too nasty for some apparently :lol:

I can't speak for the group but I wouldn't blame NUSC if they wrote you off as a lost cause

Well im all torn up about that : )

Next question is "Well why dont you join , and make your views known " .... I think my ideas are a tad too revolutionary for the NUSC : )

so why dont you join up and make your vie....... oh fuck :aye:

lol ... i toyed with the idea ...until i heard a couple of the broadcasts of meetings at the Irish Club ... People saying ..Ooh we musn't upset Ashley ...lets not buy the pies FFS ...

Yep, NOBODY should have to deal with that kind of thing....no wonder you just decided to opt for the "do nothing" option.

Carry on your good work here on the forum. :lol:

Seriously though ... the Nusc are well meaning ...dont get me wrong ...theyre just not my type of people...

I'm multitasking....I'm ordering a load of shirts off the club website too. :razz:

there goes my chances of a beer n natter at the Toontastic Christmas do :lol:

there goes my chances of a beer n natter at the Toontastic Christmas do :lol:

Nah man , im happy to natter with anyone ... but be aware ..i have my own views ..and they may not correspond with most peoples ...

Peasepud, man. Get a shotgun and start shooting someone. March up to that stadium like Arnie in Commando, smash into the board room, say a one-liner, massacre everything and put Ashley's head in the Irish Centre.

I think that's what GeordieJihad wants you to do. How appropiate a name

Peasepud, man. Get a shotgun and start shooting someone. March up to that stadium like Arnie in Commando, smash into the board room, say a one-liner, massacre everything and put Ashley's head in the Irish Centre.

I think that's what GeordieJihad wants you to do. How appropiate a name

Lol ...Yes we here at "The sons of the Prophet Keegan ( Peace be upon his name )" accord with that view : )

Edited by Geordiejihad

I've heard a few people involved in NUSC who have seen the plans say it seems very workable and very smart, unfortunately Graham Roberts seems to be a media whore of the biggest kind.

Shouldn't they should just copy their idea and run with it themselves.

The NUSC couldnt run a bath ....

whey aye mate, like you're doing such a good job :lol:

I like how the people who organised NUSC can take criticism so well and don't just say "well you do better then".

So you point out the criticism in "couldnt run a bath", constructive criticism we can all take and do. Random baseless statements dont constitute crticism.

You didnt reply to this one http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=25356

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Can NUSC actually do anything about that though? That's Ashley being a cunt rather than anything immediately in their grasp. You're asking them to change the way the man does business.

Edited by Ketsbaia

I've heard a few people involved in NUSC who have seen the plans say it seems very workable and very smart, unfortunately Graham Roberts seems to be a media whore of the biggest kind.

I like how the people who organised NUSC can take criticism so well and don't just say "well you do better then".

So you point out the criticism in "couldnt run a bath", constructive criticism we can all take and do. Random baseless statements dont constitute crticism.

You didnt reply to this one http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=25356

I didnt because it didnt make any sense.

Lol I know I am in no position to comment as you have to be a member to have any view on it :-) However like it or not NUSC is a pressure group. It seems to me and I am quite detached so may be wrong. That they have eschewed pressure politics to work within the current system. This seems strange as I have not talked to anyone lately that thinks the current system is worthwhile. To me they should be trying hard to apply pressure to force an outcome favoured by the fans i.e. trying to force Ashley to see the error of his ways, commenting on what is happening in the club through press releases and organising fan action. I say I think they should do this as they set themselves up as a fan representation group. They can argue that not all fans think the same way and this is true. Unfortunately for the long term survival of NUSC and NUFC I think they should decide on a position and direction and then attract fans based on that rather than this seemingly endless canvassing of thousands of opinions.

You seem to moan about us being a pressure group (which we're not) then say we should be a pressure group by applying pressure.

Interested in the bold bit though, name me the last two times we canvassed opinions.

I didnt because it didnt make any sense.

Lol I know I am in no position to comment as you have to be a member to have any view on it :-) However like it or not NUSC is a pressure group. It seems to me and I am quite detached so may be wrong. That they have eschewed pressure politics to work within the current system. This seems strange as I have not talked to anyone lately that thinks the current system is worthwhile. To me they should be trying hard to apply pressure to force an outcome favoured by the fans i.e. trying to force Ashley to see the error of his ways, commenting on what is happening in the club through press releases and organising fan action. I say I think they should do this as they set themselves up as a fan representation group. They can argue that not all fans think the same way and this is true. Unfortunately for the long term survival of NUSC and NUFC I think they should decide on a position and direction and then attract fans based on that rather than this seemingly endless canvassing of thousands of opinions.

You seem to moan about us being a pressure group (which we're not) then say we should be a pressure group by applying pressure.

Interested in the bold bit though, name me the last two times we canvassed opinions.

You are a pressure group. You want to put forward the views of a group of people in a single area. That is a presure group. The canvassing is the meetings or forums you hold. I have been on the website and I cant find any opinions on what is happening at the club at the moment. If NUSC are there to represent the views of members I can't see anywhere for those views to be aired.

NUSC are like the really well meaning people who see the rape and pillage of the 3rd world and decide to write their MP ...a really strong letter : )

Some may be liberal, some may be biting their lip in the need to not fuck any credibility up of a supporters group ever working and some may have the feeling that we need to be a little bit more vocal. The last meeting wasn't genteel/letter writing/tea and biscuits/tut-tutting. If you were there you'd know this of course. Mate, those that do, do, those that don't, talk about it, whatever you think goes on, at least they are trying to do something, (wether you or I agree on the points they make), I really am surprised at the amount of shit they get for being 'tossers who don't speak for me', to 'trouble-makers' to yourself who think they are on a par with the Islington cardigan appreciation society. Give them some slack, for fucks sake!

I'll give the fuckers enough rope .... you get me? : )

Is that secret code for.......Do fuck all myself?

I think the committee are going easy on FMA as well as it happens, difference is, I made my feelings known as a member, if you're thinking along the same lines then join and do the same, or is it a case of someone else doing it? You mightn't seem as out of place as you think, get there and speak your mind, the more the merrier in a supporters club.

Listen ..i heard about the last meeting ...bit of a to do ... the people in charge preferred to stick their heads in the sand ..lifes too fuckin short ... good luck with your attempts ..i wish you all the best ...but i dont see your point of view prevailing unfortunately ... that type of thing is made for compromisers and bureaucrats .... dont waste your time ... all the best.

Edited by Geordiejihad

Listen ..i heard about the last meeting ...bit of a to do ... the people in charge preferred to stick their heads in the sand ..lifes too fuckin short ... good luck with your attempts ..i wish you all the best ...but i dont see your point of view prevailing unfortunately ... that type of thing is made for compromisers and bureaucrats .... dont waste your time ... all the best.

Fair enough, but the supporters club should be about its membership, its no point you just slagging off the nusc or nust without having any idea yourself or without being willing to make your voice heard, I don't want any fucker trying to put words in my mouth, thats why I joined up and spoke up. What the fuck should we do? Do you honestly believe a supporters boycott will work? I've gave up my ST as I didn't want FMA pocketing it and riding off into the sunset with the readies, but don't like the idea of not going at all so have been to both home games so far, (I was even in my 'own' seat for the Reading game), the fact is most fans will not just say 'fuck it, I'm not going' as that also falls into the spitting your dummy out catagory, the band wagon jumpers who suddenly came on board in '92 will no doubt have already fucked off, :lol: and although I understand people not going out of protest to FMA I also understand those who attend. I certainly don't see myself as an Ashley appeaser, but you have to realise people need to support their club when we are at one of our lowest points.