Right Then, 5pm today?

Redheugh

The media know nothing, this is just another one of their 'deadline' stories, made up in the hope that something happens by 5pm this afternoon.

You'd know like. :D

What does the article say, I can't open the link.

August 21, 2009

Mike Ashley sets deadline for Newcastle United takeover

Helen Power

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, has given Barry Moat a deadline of 5 o’clock this afternoon to buy the club. It is believed that Ashley is close to accepting that he will have to keep the club for at least another year. Sources close to the retail magnate said that he has still not received word from Moat that Barclays, Newcastle’s lender, has approved the sale. The bank must agree to roll the £40 million borrowings over to Moat’s consortium before he can buy the club.

August 21, 2009

Helen Power

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, has given Barry Moat a deadline of 5 o’clock this afternoon to buy the club. It is believed that Ashley is close to accepting that he will have to keep the club for at least another year. Sources close to the retail magnate said that he has still not received word from Moat that Barclays, Newcastle’s lender, has approved the sale. The bank must agree to roll the £40 million borrowings over to Moat’s consortium before he can buy the club.

£40 million?

I thought Moat had proposed £90million and was denied, and asked Barclays to grant him a loan of £10million to match Ashley's matching price.

August 21, 2009

Helen Power

£40 million?

I thought Moat had proposed £90million and was denied, and asked Barclays to grant him a loan of £10million to match Ashley's matching price.

We already owe Barclays £40m. Barclays have to be satisfied that Moat's consortium have enough behind them to service this loan.

David Craig on SSN:

No deadline set today.

No bid for Taylor.

Graham Roberts group have left it too late to come forward.

Announcement expected on Monday regarding the sale.

David Craig on SSN:

No deadline set today.

No bid for Taylor.

Graham Roberts group have left it too late to come forward.

Announcement expected on Monday regarding the sale.

craigdavidboselecta.jpg

If that's a direct quote from lambsass then:

1) It's more than likely a flat out lie

2) If it is true it smacks of bad news. Get the Saturdays game out of the way, keep the fans hopes up, then drop the bombshell that flad is staying.

I'm still expecting said bombshell to be dropped after the close of the transfer window though.

So, SSN reckon Taylor is talking to Everton. Meanwhile, SSN claim there has been no bid for Taylor. Both exclusives no doubt.

Classic.

No doubt the announcement on Monday (if there is one), will be that the fat twat is staying another year.