Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please God let it be true !

Please let this be the endgame of this sorry saga. This definitely fits with all the hearsay on five live tonight.

This time next week.....Shearer. Carver. Lee..

Cmon

Wooooohoooooo !

Mike Ashley told to accept Barry Moat bid for Newcastle

Exclusive

Seymour Pierce, the investment bank charged with handing the sale of Newcastle United, will recommend to Mike Ashley, the club's owner, that he accepts a bid from a consortium led by Barry Moat, a prominent Tyneside businessman.

Keith Harris, Seymour Pierce's executive chairman, has been involved in painstaking negotiations with a group fronted by Moat, who is a longstanding box-holder at St James' Park. Moat, who may have backing from the United States, is now regarded as Harris's preferred bidder and at some time over the next 48 hours, Ashley will be asked to accept a formal offer for Newcastle.

As The Times reported yesterday, Ashley has issued an ultimatum of Friday for bids to be made. Since putting the club on the market at the end of last season, when Newcastle were relegated from the Barclays Premier League, he has been demanding a price of £100m.

If Moat's bid is accepted, it will represent a positive development for Alan Shearer, who remains eager to be appointed Newcastle's manager and is close to Moat, who the chairman of the former England striker's testimonial committee. If Ashley decides to reject the offer, the sportswear retailer intends to retain possession of the club for at least another season and is prepared to pump in a further £40m of his own money to cover wages and other costs.

I'm pretty sure Moat is a close friend of Shearer's and already has his own box at SJP. I was on the stadium tour a couple of months ago and I remember the tour guide mentioning him and his close relationship with Shearer.

I'm pretty sure Moat is a close friend of Shearer's and already has his own box at SJP.

Keith Harris, Seymour Pierce's executive chairman, has been involved in painstaking negotiations with a group fronted by Moat, who is a longstanding box-holder at St James' Park. Moat, who may have backing from the United States, is now regarded as Harris's preferred bidder and at some time over the next 48 hours, Ashley will be asked to accept a formal offer for Newcastle.

If Moat's bid is accepted, it will represent a positive development for Alan Shearer, who remains eager to be appointed Newcastle's manager and is close to Moat, who the chairman of the former England striker's testimonial committee. If Ashley decides to reject the offer, the sportswear retailer intends to retain possession of the club for at least another season and is prepared to pump in a further £40m of his own money to cover wages and other costs.[/i]

:(

I'm pretty sure Moat is a close friend of Shearer's and already has his own box at SJP.

If Moat's bid is accepted, it will represent a positive development for Alan Shearer, who remains eager to be appointed Newcastle's manager and is close to Moat, who the chairman of the former England striker's testimonial committee. If Ashley decides to reject the offer, the sportswear retailer intends to retain possession of the club for at least another season and is prepared to pump in a further £40m of his own money to cover wages and other costs.[/i]

:nufc:

Aye didn't quite read the article that closely.... probably a habit due to the shite that gets written.

This story will:

[A] Prove to be false

Prove to be untrue

[C] Slide off the face of the planet into obscurity with no further comment from anyone

[D] Be denied by JFK who will claim to be the leading bidder

[E] Come true

Question: Why would the times be privy to this sort of information?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1320249,00.html

Barry Backing Board's Blueprint

NEWCASTLE United's determination to capture the next generation of Alan Shearers - and look after its young fans - has been given a major endorsement by the club's corporate supporters.

Leading local businessman Barry Moat is so impressed with owner Mike Ashley's blueprint for the future that he has already committed to renewing his executive box at St. James' Park for a further five years.

United will reap increased revenues from executive boxes and corporate hospitality packages sold in two and five-year packages from the 2008/09 season onwards.

And the Club will use the extra finance to further develop its Academy infrastructure and take every step to ensure the best local youngsters aren't missed, so avoiding past mistakes when talent such as Alan Shearer and Michael Carrick were missed.

The monies generated from corporate sales will help the Club expand the Family Enclosure at St. James' Park to almost treble its previous size.

The new Family Enclosure - where season ticket prices have been cut by £50 to just £300 for adults and by £30 to only £100 for children - will be situated on Level 7 of the Milburn Stand.

Those corporate fans like Mr Moat who have renewed for 2008/09 will have their names added to a new Family Enclosure 'Roll of Honour' to acknowledge the support they have given the Club.

Mr Moat said: "As a lifelong Newcastle United fan I am delighted to support the Club's new initiatives of investing in the Academy and enabling more young fans in the region to see their heroes play.

"Hopefully some of those young fans will be the heroes of tomorrow.

"It's vital for a club like Newcastle United to make sure it recruits the best young footballers at an early age and encourages them to develop their full potential.

"Knowing that I can help the Academy as well as projects like the increased Family Enclosure is a huge incentive to continue backing the Club and I hope others will feel the same."

United vice-chairman Derek Llambias added: "It's fantastic that people like Barry have shown their backing for the direction the Club is taking by signing a five-year corporate contract.

"Newcastle United is eager to develop the stars of the future in the north east and, just as importantly, keep St. James' Park open to the young fans too."

Is he the bloke off the Cillit Bang advert ?

by the way I'll believe it when I see it.

(the takeover, not the cleaning power of Cilit Bang, that's irrefutable )

This story will:

[A] Prove to be false

Prove to be untrue

[C] Slide off the face of the planet into obscurity with no further comment from anyone

[D] Be denied by JFK who will claim to be the leading bidder

[E] Come true

Question: Why would the times be privy to this sort of information?

i dont kno why but the times arent like the sun and the mirror who publish utter rubbish the times generally do stories with substance seen as the people who read it prefer decent news even if boring opposed to entertaining bullshit

"Hi, I'm Barry Moat..."

home_promo_left.jpg

Buying an executive box is tantamount to buying the club according to Times Online?

Seems odd that there would be two articles out at the same time essentially about the same bloke, with a vastly different story to tell.

Lets hope he's got money behind him. The club needs some investment deperately.

is Richard still at the academy??

:nufc: were you born with this gift?

:nufc:

I'll get to the end of this thread at some point.