Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

If Ashley does pull this stunt of removing us from sale after the transfer window again there has to be a concerted plan of action by the fans. If the NUSC lot can get off their arses and actually do something that would be great but someone has to show leadership and start organising demonstrations and boycotts. This will not damage the club any more than having Ashley in control will do. The man is a prick and will take us down with his complete ineptitude.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting pissed off from both sides now. If ash wants 90 and moats offering 20, just find the fucking other 20 and be done.

For fucks sake , what's 20 mill to get your hands on this brilliant club.

It's really boiling my piss. I'm sure fat ass would even lend them it.

Moat, if your Reading this, stop docking around and get the fucking deal done.

Aye but isnt it a bit worry as to how he would fund the club in the transfer market if he is struggling to find th money for the buyout?

I think that's an excellent point. Not that we can do anything about it.

If Ashley does pull this stunt of removing us from sale after the transfer window again there has to be a concerted plan of action by the fans. If the NUSC lot can get off their arses and actually do something that would be great but someone has to show leadership and start organising demonstrations and boycotts. This will not damage the club any more than having Ashley in control will do. The man is a prick and will take us down with his complete ineptitude.

You're not a member are you?

cool, so thats "as long as someone else sorts it out, I'll be happy".

I may have asked this before so apologies if I am repeating myself but:

PP, is the NUSC prepared to do something if Ashley pulls the "I decided to stick it out" card again?

I admit that I am not a member of the NUSC since I live outside of the country... sorry about that.

PP, is the NUSC prepared to do something if Ashley pulls the "I decided to stick it out" card again?

I admit that I am not a member of the NUSC since I live outside of the country... sorry about that.

The NUSC is prepared to do whatever its members feel is correct and there's a members meeting on Thursday where Im sure this will be a big topic. What we have to remember though is the long term aims of the trust and the supporters representation being the most important.

Its a difficult one to balance, the need to show our (the fans) feelings against whats best for the club long term. I know how I personally feel, in that Id love to do whatever we can to ruin this bastard once and for all for what hes doing to our football club but Im well aware that theres more at stake than just the next couple of weeks etc.

Oh and living outside the country is no barrier to membership, we have members in 31 countries now, including many Americans :lol:

Other than this life changing post, what are you doing about it?

As Pud says, there are loads of people signed up who live abroad.

You've got no excuse now...! :lol:

Mr Moat has a few skelton's in his pocket - he's much of muchness with FFS

these guys don't have the sort of BIG money you need to build a top class side

Ashley ?? Maybe he's just taking a negotiating position - he really needs cash tho'

Barry Moat talks with Newcastle United close to final phase

The Newcastle United owner, Mike Ashley, is expected to take the club off the market if takeover talks with Tyneside businessman Barry Moat break down this week.

By Rob Stewart

Published: 7:30AM BST 10 Aug 2009

Money men: Mike Ashley is pinning his hopes on selling to Barry Moat Photo: JIM WINSLET

The sports retail tycoon is pinning his hopes on selling the club to Moat and his return from holiday in Hawaii at the weekend could now give the negotiations a timely boost as they reach a delicate stage. Moat, a close friend of Alan Shearer, who managed the side at the end of last season, has been identified by Telegraph Sport as the front-runner for the club but so far he has not been able to strike a deal with Ashley.

A source close to the talks said that Moat has followed up with several offers and is one of a number of “serious” parties.

The source added: “Ashley has been stamping his feet saying he wants to get a sale done but the reality is that he’s not accepted an offer yet.

“Moat would be a good buyer of the club. He has the right backing but nothing has happened because Ashley has not accepted an offer. Now they are trying to get to a point where there is an offer that Ashley either accepts or rejects. With just three weeks of the window left something needs to be done this week.” Ashley has hired investment banker Keith Harris to sell the club on his behalf but the £100 million price tag he placed on St James’ Park has not been met.

“He’ll struggle to get anyone to meet the £100 million,” the source said. “The price range is between £70 million and £90 million but that’s dependent on him slashing the wage bill by getting rid of more big earners.”

Former Leeds manager David O’Leary has emerged as a candidate for the vacant Newcastle job, though he has apparently not even been sounded out about the position.

If Ashley retains control, he is expected to ask O’Leary or another experienced manager such as Alan Curbishley, formerly of West Ham, to take the reins.

Journalist on the radio tonight with connections to the NE. Reckons he spoke to Fat Fred a couple of weeks back who claims the club is worth £60m tops, £70m at a massive push and that everyone, including Ashley, is well aware of that fact.

Ashley evidently 'putting the club up for sale' at the request of the fans then taking it back down again at the end of the transfer window because no-one has shown a genuine interest.

He must think we were born yesterday man...

Agreed 60m max. 40m would be a fair price if the loan is tagged on. :lol:

The idea of reducing the wage bill seems double edged to me - surely selling "assets" should reduce the price anyway and that's without thinking about the football side - ie it reduces the chances of a successful season which the future depends on.

I really think the deal is going to go through within the next 48 hours.

I only hope whoever breaks the news on here first has the creativity to come up with a really suitable topic name. "Its Sold" or "Press conference at 3pm" will be deemed poor. "Hallelujah, praise be to God the fat bastard is gone" or "Fucking Get In" would be better.

:icon_lol:

:lol:

I will celebrate like a win if and when a sale does happen!

I really think the deal is going to go through within the next 48 hours.

I only hope whoever breaks the news on here first has the creativity to come up with a really suitable topic name. "Its Sold" or "Press conference at 3pm" will be deemed poor. "Hallelujah, praise be to God the fat bastard is gone" or "Fucking Get In" would be better.

Every week you've been optimistic that it was the week. When will you learn? :lol:

The NUSC is prepared to do whatever its members feel is correct and there's a members meeting on Thursday where Im sure this will be a big topic. What we have to remember though is the long term aims of the trust and the supporters representation being the most important.

Its a difficult one to balance, the need to show our (the fans) feelings against whats best for the club long term. I know how I personally feel, in that Id love to do whatever we can to ruin this bastard once and for all for what hes doing to our football club but Im well aware that theres more at stake than just the next couple of weeks etc.

Oh and living outside the country is no barrier to membership, we have members in 31 countries now, including many Americans :lol:

You've got no excuse now...! :icon_lol:

Thanks for the response PP. I was under the impression that the setting up of the trust was the priority at recent meetings.

And if me being a member from the US will help the cause then I will sign up! (always a sucker for the guilt trips!)

Newcastle United fire sale is on.. Alan Shearer as boss is off

By Simon Bird

It is 69 days since Mike Ashley said: “Bringing Alan Shearer back to Newcastle United was the best decision I have made. Talks are now ongoing between us about how we can take this club forward again.”

Since then a humiliated club has stumbled backwards and fallen deeper into a crisis that no one at St James’ Park appears willing or able to address.

Were Ashley’s words simply lip service to get fans signing up for season tickets again? Or was he serious about keep Shearer on to lead the team out of the Championship?

Whatever the intention it appears to have worked. The club claim 25,000 have already stumped up the cash to watch a club still with no manager, and a squad that will jump ship at the first chance they get. Loyalty beyond reason.

Does Ashley has a plan if, as seems likely, he can’t sell up? Don’t expect Shearer to jump into the hot-seat at this late stage if Ashley remains in charge.

His plan to sell ten players, buy 13 young recruits and instigate a summer of restructuring was ignored by Ashley, so why would he take the job at this stage?

Newcastle can’t afford the wage bill of their current squad. So come August, expect Newcastle to flog off as many assets as possible to reduce the current wage bill of around £55million and bail out the desperate finances.

All this and the bookies make Newcastle favourites for promotion.

Unless there is a takeover soon, this season’s aim can only be survival in the Championship.

You've got no excuse now...! :icon_lol:

Thanks for the response PP. I was under the impression that the setting up of the trust was the priority at recent meetings.

And if me being a member from the US will help the cause then I will sign up! (always a sucker for the guilt trips!)

Double charge for our colonial friends. Call it a modern 'representation for taxation', if you like.

You've got no excuse now...! :rolleyes:

Double charge for our colonial friends. Call it a modern 'representation for taxation', if you like.

Still a bit upset about that tea being dumped in the harbor, eh? :icon_lol:

You've got no excuse now...! :rolleyes:

Still a bit upset about that tea being dumped in the harbor, eh? :icon_lol:

Being tea total, I'm still hurting. Great song by Alex Harvey (Sensational Alex Harvey Band ?) though.

I'm gloomy about a deal happening now. Presumably anybody who was genuinely interested has been messed around too much by now and time has run out with the season under way. Shearer, Moat, Shepherd, the Yanks, the Arabs, the South Africans, the Borg, and everyone else who's been linked with us will just tell Ashley to do one and we'll be stuck with the club murderer to do more damage.

Hey ho. The best we can hope for is a Robert Maxwell type swimming incident in Hawaii.

I'm with Christmas Tree on this one. I sense a deal to be done this week. All the briefings and press reports coming out at the moment suggest negotiations are at that final critical stage. Ashley is trying to squeeze as much as he can from the sale but ultimately he wants out and I believe he'll do a deal.

Shearer waits in the wings but Newcastle backers must find £10m to buy out owner Ashley

By MATT LAWTON and MICHAEL WALKER

Mike Ashley has given Newcastle’s prospective buyers 24 hours to increase their offer by £10million — or he will pull the plug on the takeover.

Sources close to the process believe Tyneside businessman Barry Moat and his backers are still more than £10m short of the valuation that has been set by Ashley, who originally demanded £100m for a venture that has already cost him in excess of £200m.

If the takeover happens, Moat intends to appoint Toon legend and fans’ favourite Alan Shearer as manager but, if Ashley stays, he is expected to turn to David O’Leary.

Tomorrow is understood to be D-day for the deal and one source close to the negotiations told Sportsmail last night that ‘the odds are starting to look like they are against a deal being done’.

If that is the case Ashley, who has now returned from Hawaii, will instruct his lieutenants to step up negotiations with O’Leary and have him in place by the weekend.

Ashley is said to be insulted by Moat’s offer and, while risky, might yet commit to

trying to rebuild the club and his investment.

But conflicting reports over the weekend suggested a deal was close, with talk of

Newcastle blocking the sale of two players in the belief a takeover was imminent.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...0#ixzz0NpCojKNg

There is small fly in the ointment of his idea of getting promotion - the absolutely crass level of management the fat cunt has demonstrated to this point. We know the two windows would be disasters and I'd actually contemplate the worst case scenario of another relegation if the twat stays.

Surely someone around him can be honest enough to point this out?

You're not a member are you?

cool, so thats "as long as someone else sorts it out, I'll be happy".

:lol: Spot on.