Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

There's a story on Newsnow saying betting's been suspended on newcastle's next manager, I can't access it though. Looks like it's from a blog site anyways, but I can't help hoping that little bit on every little scrap of info...

... it's driving my nuts! :mellow:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next Newcastle Manager Odds with Skybet

David O Leary 4/11

Alan Shearer 2/1

Joe Kinnear 16/1

Kevin Keegan 16/1

Alan Curbishley 25/1

Gordon Strachan 25/1

Dave Jones 33/1

Chris Hughton 33/1

Ian Dowie 33/1

Gianluca Vialli 33/1

Slaven Bilic 33/1

Bar

If Ashley were to ask me how he could possibly make your situation more desperate and comical than it already is then I would suggest appointing O'Leary as manager on a four-year contract. I would also urge caution, as you must all go over the edge at some point. That point is getting closer.

Taking all inter-club rivalry to one side, you don't deserve this.

From the Mirror:

Alan Shearer's chance of becoming Newcastle boss will finally be resolved by Tuesday night.

Prospective owner Barry Moat will hold talks with banks early next week in the final stages of his long running bid to buy the club from owner Mike Ashley.

Sources from both the Ashley and Moat camp have confirmed that he has five days as of last night to come up with the hard cash or Ashley will take the club off the market.

Moat and Ashley will both attend this evening's clash against Reading and attend a pre-match function.

Shearer's only hope becoming manager hinges on a Moat deal which is proving painstakingly slow to do.

Ashley's impatience has led to talks with David O'Leary about becoming next boss, and Joe Kinnear is alarmingly still in the frame to make a return, despite his regime being slated by the players when he stood down last season and Shearer took over for the last eight games.

Damien Duff is expected to join the St James's Park exodus this weekend and join Fulham for pds 5 million after saying his goodbyes on Tyneside yesterday.

Everton target Steven Taylor will play today despite interest from Goodison Park but a deal is not close yet.

Full back Danny Simpson joined Newcastle yesterday on loan until January from Manchester United.

This is it then...

But 10 million quid could realistically be enough of a stumbling block to end someone's interest and people should realise that and shouldn't talk about it as if it's such a trifling matter.

It makes you wonder how much backing Mort has though? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Ashley gone but I also want someone to buy the club who is not going to saddle it with debt and who also has the money to invest. Sounds to me as if Mort is struggle just to afford to buy the club, nevermind have money for the much needed investment. :blink:

But 10 million quid could realistically be enough of a stumbling block to end someone's interest and people should realise that and shouldn't talk about it as if it's such a trifling matter.

It makes you wonder how much backing Mort has though? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Ashley gone but I also want someone to buy the club who is not going to saddle it with debt and who also has the money to invest. Sounds to me as if Mort is struggle just to afford to buy the club, nevermind have money for the much needed investment. :blink:

For fuck sake!

It's Moat as in boat.

Not Mort as in port.

You fucking knacker!

im torn on this, part of me thinks the post regarding the value of this club being purposely overvalued to ward off buyers and he repeats his oh well we didnt have time to do transfers thanks to pending sale is true, part feels that maybe because the club is overvalued, moat is being shrewd not paying more than its worth and its not about lack of funds, the rest of me thinks maybe if this is at all true that yes moat is strugglin to raise the capital and will therefore not have sufficient funds to put into the club, arrrrrrghhh wen will it end ????

90% sure we will be stuck with ashley and kinnear next week and some quickie loan deals will be all we get from the window, losing duff taylor and anyone else that offers come in for..

It makes you wonder how much backing Mort has though? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Ashley gone but I also want someone to buy the club who is not going to saddle it with debt and who also has the money to invest. Sounds to me as if Mort is struggle just to afford to buy the club, nevermind have money for the much needed investment. :razz:

For fuck sake!

It's Moat as in boat.

Not Mort as in port.

You fucking knacker!

Jesus Christ Sammy, have a wank man.... :blink:

It makes you wonder how much backing Mort has though? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Ashley gone but I also want someone to buy the club who is not going to saddle it with debt and who also has the money to invest. Sounds to me as if Mort is struggle just to afford to buy the club, nevermind have money for the much needed investment. :razz:

For fuck sake!

It's Moat as in boat.

Not Mort as in port.

You fucking knacker!

You're confusing me with the other aussie :razz:

But how the fuck do people get such basic shite wrong???

By the way I thought it was funny, I just couldn't work out how to write the ship wrecked feeling into it - but you've succeed, cheers Craig.

For fuck sake!

It's Moat as in boat.

Not Mort as in port.

You fucking knacker!

What? You've never made a typo? Mort,Moat....who really cares......

For fuck sake!

It's Moat as in boat.

Not Mort as in port.

You fucking knacker!

Australia.... and alex (and anything beginning with an A). :razz:

For fuck sake!

It's Moat as in boat.

Not Mort as in port.

You fucking knacker!

Australia.... and alex (and anything beginning with an A). :razz:

Do you have to be a tit all your fucking life?

For fuck sake!

It's Moat as in boat.

Not Mort as in port.

You fucking knacker!

He can't help being a boring cunt, it's in his genes.

For fuck sake!

It's Moat as in boat.

Not Mort as in port.

You fucking knacker!

Jesus Christ Sammy, have a wank man.... :razz:

Australia.... and alex (and anything beginning with an A). :aye:

Do you have to be a tit all your fucking life?

:blink::scratchhead:

New mystery Toon bidder

Aug 16 2009 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

A MYSTERY new bidder is pondering an 11th-hour approach for Newcastle United this week.

Magpies owner Mike Ashley had been tipped to take the club off the market if local tycoon Barry Moat failed to raise the finance for a deal.

But now another would-be buyer - thought to have no connection with Moat or other previously mentioned contenders - is set to show their hand.

It is unclear whether the latest interested party is willing to go close to matching Ashley's official asking price of £100 million.

And Moat's presence next to Ashley in the directors' box during last night's opening home game of the season was widely interpreted as proof that he is the most viable bidder.

Other sources suggest Ashley may yet decide to maintain control of Newcastle but ask Moat to join the board with a view to appointing Alan Shearer as manager.

Even with Moat for company, Ashley was given a fresh reminder of the strength of feeling against him on Tyneside by the fans who booed his return to St James's Park yesterday.

Those supporters would be encouraged by new interest in relieving him of control.

And it may also reinforce Shearer's hopes of finally returning to the Newcastle dug-out amid fears that Ashley will appoint a different manager if he decides not to sell up.

Meanwhile, Liverpool, Aston Villa and Fulham may challenge Everton in a mass race for Steven Taylor, with the Cottagers already poised to sign Magpies winger Damien Duff.

Moat was sat next to Ashley yesterday apparently.

:razz:

Nee fuckin' flies on you mate!

Can't believe this wasn't plastered all over the telly yesterday like..... :blink:

If anything it just proves that Moat was a fucking red herring all along and now Ashley is lauding it over us by sitting next to him at the match. Seriously, can anyone not imagine him saying 'Do me a favour mate, pretend youre interested in the club so I dont have to buy any players. Just mention Shearer and the sad bastards will believe anything you say'

If anything it just proves that Moat was a fucking red herring all along and now Ashley is lauding it over us by sitting next to him at the match. Seriously, can anyone not imagine him saying 'Do me a favour mate, pretend youre interested in the club so I dont have to buy any players. Just mention Shearer and the sad bastards will believe anything you say'

I don't think it proves anything. If the sale was proceeding wouldn't it be possible for them to be sat together too?