Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

If anything it just proves that Moat was a fucking red herring all along and now Ashley is lauding it over us by sitting next to him at the match. Seriously, can anyone not imagine him saying 'Do me a favour mate, pretend youre interested in the club so I dont have to buy any players. Just mention Shearer and the sad bastards will believe anything you say'

I don't think it proves anything. If the sale was proceeding wouldn't it be possible for them to be sat together too?

It could be the sale is progressing well and Moat was a guest of Ashleys in the Directos Box?

it could also be fuck all

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything it just proves that Moat was a fucking red herring all along and now Ashley is lauding it over us by sitting next to him at the match. Seriously, can anyone not imagine him saying 'Do me a favour mate, pretend youre interested in the club so I dont have to buy any players. Just mention Shearer and the sad bastards will believe anything you say'

I don't think it proves anything. If the sale was proceeding wouldn't it be possible for them to be sat together too?

It could be the sale is progressing well and Moat was a guest of Ashleys in the Directos Box?

it could also be fuck all

Exactly, it proves nothing :blink:

Graham Roberts was just on ssn, said that his group has £100m and has a meeting with Ashley tomorrow, they want to run the club as a fans cooperative like Barcelona.

From Jimbos link :icon_lol:

Fanbase statement

We have had initial discussions with a number of parties and we can confirm Fanbase are one of those. Their idea is certainly innovative and puts the aim of genuine supporters representation at the centre of its model. We are willing to continue discussions after they have spoken to Mr Llambias and Seymour Pierce and we will put this to our members if the bid is credible in due course.

Is there any more information - not heaps to go on here like...

From Jimbos link :icon_lol:

Fanbase statement

We have had initial discussions with a number of parties and we can confirm Fanbase are one of those. Their idea is certainly innovative and puts the aim of genuine supporters representation at the centre of its model. We are willing to continue discussions after they have spoken to Mr Llambias and Seymour Pierce and we will put this to our members if the bid is credible in due course.

Is there any more information - not heaps to go on here like...

Aye some bloke was on SSN talking about it - he basically hasn't spoke to seymour pierce, Llambias or Ashley so can hardly be deemed credible - just fucking let it go to Moat if indeed it is for sale and stop the fuckin stalling with pipe dream ideas

Graham Roberts was just on ssn, said that his group has £100m and has a meeting with Ashley tomorrow, they want to run the club as a fans cooperative like Barcelona.

This Graham roberts ??

what group is he in ?

http://www.nusc.org.uk/news.php?news_type=new

Would look better if they could spell Wednesday correctly, Wendesdays :icon_lol:

If we run like Barca, would that mean that everyone would have to be a member of NUSC?

This Graham roberts ??

what group is he in ?

Would look better if they could spell Wednesday correctly, Wendesdays :icon_lol:

If we run like Barca, would that mean that everyone would have to be a member of NUSC?

All Barcelona fans aren't members, are they?

This Graham roberts ??

what group is he in ?

Not sure how they are run. I know they have fans input some how, so i assumed that would be through some sort of supporters club. Hence the question if you want the fans involved would they have to be members of a supporters club/season ticket holder?

This Graham roberts ??

what group is he in ?

Not sure how they are run. I know they have fans input some how, so i assumed that would be through some sort of supporters club. Hence the question if you want the fans involved would they have to be members of a supporters club/season ticket holder?

They should get the most say though in all fairness.

Now we finally have a day for when we are going to here whats happening, i fear that it is going to be that the club is being taken off the market and from reading this havnt changed my mind.

SKY SPORTS......

Newcastle United are to make an announcement on Monday over ongoing efforts to sell the club.

Owner Mike Ashley was expected to decide by the end of this week whether to accept one of the bids currently on offer or continue running the Magpies for another season.

However, talks with local businessman Barry Moat and two other consortia are continuing as Ashley looks to strike a £100million deal for the club he bought for £134.4million just over two years ago.

While the club's ownership has been up in the air, Newcastle have been unable to make significant moves in the transfer market, with a loan deal for Manchester United's Danny Simpson their only summer signing so far.

A decision must therefore be made soon for them to bring in any more new additions before the transfer window shuts.

Manager decision

In recent months, Ashley has been the target of angry Newcastle fans, who are hoping for a change of ownership and the installation of a new manager.

Many favour Alan Shearer, who failed to save the Magpies from relegation in a short-team stint at the end of last season, and he would be appointed by several of the competing consortia.

Should Monday's announcement be that Ashley has decided to take the club off the market for the second time after a lengthy - and ultimately futile - search for a buyer, he will then face a decision over his manager.

It is understood Ashley believes greater managerial experience is needed, and the Magpies have sounded out a series of potential bosses to succeed Chris Hughton.

The caretaker boss has received the backing of several players following a positive start to their Championship campaign and has insisted he is happy to remain in charge for as long as his services are required.

Mondays Announcement:

We're sorry to confirm that we couldn't find a buyer, we have tried our best but none of the interested parties could get the money together therefore we have decided to take the club off the market for the rest of the season at least, the club will be ran responsibly at all levels, and money will be invested into buying more players in January, Chris Hughton will continue to run the managerial side of things until Joe Kinnear is well and can return in January to be in charge of signing the new players we bring in.

(Something along those lines anyway)

Decka's going to stand behind a plinth with a mallet and give it...

"who'll start the bidding at...£80m...doisee80?wheres80?comeonladiesandgents80millionforthisfineclubisasnipwhatabout75?doisee75?wheres75?anybody75?thatincludesSholaAmeobi!....OKcanihave70millionpounds?thatreallyisgivingitaway70million?....

We found a buyer we sold some players they wanted to know what happened to the cash, we couldn't lie that well so your stuck with us - oh and we've royally fucked the team up - see you next year, when try and sell it again

Mike, D and keith