And he's not the only one.

Maybe someday you will join us?

Fuck me, you're just a walking talking encyclopedia of shit lyrics. :baby:

:P

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Mark Chapman when you need him ?

Doing sport on Radio 1?

That twunt is nearly as big a criminal as his Catcher in the rye obsessed namesake.

£37m jackpot for euromillions this week

That'd probably buy you a canny share of Moat's consortium

I've was thinking about this and if I had won, say, £25m on the euro, would I put £10m of it towards building a consortium of my own, but be transparent in my dealnigs?

State that I'm willing to put in half my winnings to start the ball rolling and invite other Newcastle fans to join for a similar price, have round-table control of the club at board level, install one Chief exec, one scouting director, one manager, all by this small group of ten board members of so..

and I thought, no. No I wouldn't because some tosswank would appear with smiles and grace and cash, then bend us all over and fuck the Jesus loving shit out of us.

£37m jackpot for euromillions this week

That'd probably buy you a canny share of Moat's consortium

I've was thinking about this and if I had won, say, £25m on the euro, would I put £10m of it towards building a consortium of my own, but be transparent in my dealnigs?

State that I'm willing to put in half my winnings to start the ball rolling and invite other Newcastle fans to join for a similar price, have round-table control of the club at board level, install one Chief exec, one scouting director, one manager, all by this small group of ten board members of so..

and I thought, no. No I wouldn't because some tosswank would appear with smiles and grace and cash, then bend us all over and fuck the Jesus loving shit out of us.

Nowt wrong with dreaming

That's what the lottery's for

Borrowed from .com

From the City AM website, news of Robert Lee's latest business venture, Fortress Wealth Management:

“People target footballers because they know they are very wealthy but don’t think they’re very clever. I played football, I earned money, I bought my house, things like that, but I didn’t take notice of who was looking after my money. A lot of ex-pros are exactly the same. Where’s your pension? Oh I’m not sure. What did you earn last year? I’m not sure.

“It’s not like a normal business. You get carried away with buying a lot of players when maybe you shouldn’t, paying them a lot when you don’t always get a good return.

“You’ll have a good time; whether you’ll make money, I’m not sure. I’ve seen too many people lose too much money – Mike Ashley’s a classic example, but he can afford to.

Asked if he thinks the purported reason for keeping Shearer hanging on was a smokescreen, Lee replies:

“Yes, yes. If you put Alan Shearer in charge he is going to want to improve the club, and he is going to want money. I think the cheaper way is what [Ashley] is doing. By not appointing Alan he hasn’t got to spend any more money.”

With Ashley seemingly set to stay in charge for another season, can the impasse be resolved? “I don’t know,” says Lee. “I think he [shearer] is getting pissed off with it. It’s been going on too long. My gut feeling is I can’t see Mike Ashley having him back and I can’t see Alan working for him again. I’d be surprised if that happened.”

Lee even questions whether Ashley genuinely intended to sell this summer at all. “Nobody knows the truth apart from Mike Ashley. He is the only one who knows how many bids he’s had, how much they were for and whether he’s willing to sell. As a businessman, he doesn’t want to take a massive loss. As long as he doesn’t sell, it’s a paper loss.”

Lee is open to the idea of assisting Shearer at Newcastle, as has been mooted, but says he can’t decide “until he asks me”. He knows north-east businessman Barry Moat, the latest and most likely of the would-be buyers, but has not been approached to join any of the various consortia linked with bids for the club. However, he again stresses that he “would do anything” to help the club out of “a sad situation”.

“Try to find something that’s as good as scoring in front of 52,000 people or as good as playing for your country. It is impossible. You can have as much money as you want, but you have to have a reason to get up in the morning. I said when I retired I’d have a year off, but it drives you mad."

Rob Lee saying what Shearer (and most of the rest of us) are thinking tbh. I know it's not his style but I almost wish Shearer would come out and say all that. People will probably (quite rightly) say it could disrupt our season but we're fucked in the long run anyway unless fatty gets out of town.

Okay, so the Redheugh bloke is back on Newcastle Online claiming the deal is done and that the Americans are buying the club and will be in place for the Blackpool game.

Gee whizz!

Hasn't the guy been discredited as ITK? I have to say I'd be pleasantly surprised now if Ashley sells; you'd expect him to hang on in the hope of getting promoted. Unless he's got add-ons built into the sale agreement.