Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

I don't think Ashley is going to sell. Remember his 'I know you don't want me so I am going to go' statement, wasn't that in October last year?

Unless the sale contains a clause ensuring future reimbursement, he's not going to put decency or integrity before money. We are all absolutely certain he is a twunt now, and he knows we know. I don't think he feels shame, only the sting of financial loss.

I hope I am wrong.

This is what i think will happen

Probably cause it's nailed on. :ninja:

Though you believed he wasnt going to sell no matter what......

Not really, I've been saying there are no 'serious' bidders and was even saying it when Lambrusco was LYING about the two 100m bids. I don't consider Moat a serious bidder either and he will only get the club if he does deals with Ashley to the detriment of the future of the club regarding future earnings. You on the other hand have been saying the deal will be done almost every Friday for 2 months now.

Your pessimism makes me optimistic.

I don't know what your grief is with Moat. His interest is reported by what I consider as rather credible sources (Culkin, Bird). His level of financial ability and commitment may be unknown, but I don't see the the persian prince riding into town on a white horse throwing money around. The club has been for sell for over a year now and even though the asking price has dropped significantly the interest remains scarce. So I'd rather take Moat with hopefully good intentions and ideas instead of the fuckwit of Ashley who isn't even clever enough to protect his own investment with his money.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got to wait until Friday.

Reading what Wise has said about the buyout, he claims that Assley has some big surprises yet to come.

Confused? I am, if Redheugh knows something for real why does he not make it known.

Bored with the whole sorry for sale thread, I am.

Just got to wait till the end of the week :ninja:

I'd be willing to bet Wise is still on the payroll in some form or another. And I think this isn't the first time he's suggested big things that are supposed to be happening at Newcastle in the near future, only for them to fail to materialise.

Just got to wait until Friday.

Reading what Wise has said about the buyout, he claims that Assley has some big surprises yet to come.

Confused? I am, if Redheugh knows something for real why does he not make it known.

Bored with the whole sorry for sale thread, I am.

Just got to wait till the end of the week :ninja:

So am I, Master yoda

I don't think Ashley is going to sell. Remember his 'I know you don't want me so I am going to go' statement, wasn't that in October last year?

Unless the sale contains a clause ensuring future reimbursement, he's not going to put decency or integrity before money. We are all absolutely certain he is a twunt now, and he knows we know. I don't think he feels shame, only the sting of financial loss.

I hope I am wrong.

Not really, I've been saying there are no 'serious' bidders and was even saying it when Lambrusco was LYING about the two 100m bids. I don't consider Moat a serious bidder either and he will only get the club if he does deals with Ashley to the detriment of the future of the club regarding future earnings. You on the other hand have been saying the deal will be done almost every Friday for 2 months now.

I don't know what your grief is with Moat. His interest is reported by what I consider as rather credible sources (Culkin, Bird). His level of financial ability and commitment may be unknown, but I don't see the the persian prince riding into town on a white horse throwing money around. The club has been for sell for over a year now and even though the asking price has dropped significantly the interest remains scarce. So I'd rather take Moat with hopefully good intentions and ideas instead of the fuckwit of Ashley who isn't even clever enough to protect his own investment with his money.

Moat is too close to Ashley and my main worry is he will do a deal which will hamstrung the club financially even if we get promoted.

I hope I am wrong.

Moat is too close to Ashley and my main worry is he will do a deal which will hamstrung the club financially even if we get promoted.

So it is the prince with his white horse then. I guess he is right at the top of the queue of billionaires waiting to invest into the club...

Is Moat genuinely close to Ashley? I know they've been photographed at the match together and so on but that doesn't mean a lot necessarily. What is their relationship?

I hope I am wrong.

So it is the prince with his white horse then. I guess he is right at the top of the queue of billionaires waiting to invest into the club...

Well, the people who eventually bought Man City were in 'talks' with MA to buy us but were put off by the 400m price tag. So, yes I'd rather wait it out for a buyer who won't cripple our finances.

I hope I am wrong.

Well, the people who eventually bought Man City were in 'talks' with MA to buy us but were put off by the 400m price tag. So, yes I'd rather wait it out for a buyer who won't cripple our finances.

They don't grow on trees though, do they? Maybe it was a missed chance back then (if it was really the case). But since then the club was really for sale and nobody turned up bar Nigerian uncles and fake Malaysians. If this super rich billionaire turns up in future I don't think someone like Moat will stand in his way - especially if he is struggling financially himself.

The club has to get out of this current limbo as soon as possible. People who talk about promotion doubling the value of the club are taking things for granted. Looking at how Ashley is doing things there are more chances of the already mediocre squad getting even more dismantled during the next transfer window than getting strengthened. It takes us fucking weeks to even agree the structures for loan signings. The asking price after promotion probably will become even more ridiculous again after promotion as well. And that's without Ashley likely to ask for getting his loan back.

Between the choice of a financially impotent Moat and a generally incompetent Ashley I know who I want.

Personally I would liken Moat to Evertons Bill Kenwright.

He may not have the super funds to challenge with the top four, but he can create a stable winning enviroment and I would agree that he probably wouldnt stand in the way of big money, IF it was right for the club.

What do you base that on CT? Is this wishful thinking or do you know/know of him?

I was very hopeful when Ashley took over. I was slightly worried by his reputation as a twat and a bully but swallowed the line that he wanted to have fun and be successful. Never in my worst nightmares did I imagine what a massive odious incompetent CUNT the man would turn out to be. I'm worried he could be Ashley Mark II but without any money.

Is Moat genuinely close to Ashley? I know they've been photographed at the match together and so on but that doesn't mean a lot necessarily. What is their relationship?

Doubtful. They only are aware of each other through the club.

Mort is a self made multi millionaire who I find quite amusing Parky thinks would sell his soul as a Newcastle supporter just to assist the discredited Ashley. Remember this is the guy who Shearer trusted to organise his testimonial.

Is Moat struggling to try and wrestle ownership away from this idiot and trying to play the game to get the deal done. Yes, but this is totally different to being Ashleys puppet.

As Isegrim rightly says, white knights are not queuing up to buy us.

You should know, you're his mate. Get his name right though :ninja:

I was asking Parky mainly because he says he's too close to Ashley so I assumed he must know something. Or was making it up. A few photos mean nowt. You could dig up some ones of KK sitting next to Ashley having a laugh and that wouldn't prove a lot either.

I'd take someone with not very much money who was genuine over someone who won't spend any money and seems hell bent on wrecking the club. The fans have, by and large imo, had a wake up call and would certainly tolerate someone running the club on a tight budget in the short-term at least. The condition attached to that would be the need to be upfront with the fans and bring in a decent manager (probably Shearer). I really don't believe the sale's anywhere near going through mind.

I agree Alex; in this case it isn't better the devil you know. I can't say I'd look forward to any new ownership with any great optimism but I'm sure people would give Moat a chance. For no other reason than he isn't Ashley. However I can't believe that Ashley would walk away easily when the team is dong well. My only hope is that he has other distractions in his business and the penny's dropped about just how hated he is.

I'm on the one hand happy that Moat hasn't blabbed about his plans as other so called bidders have but obviously that leaves him open to the kind of "he's struggling for money" speculation we are seeing.

Obviously the dream is that he has been playing hard ball to screw Ashley before revealing mega-backing but that's probably too much to ask for.

I'd say Ash/Moat are close. Moat invested in Ashleys regime through developing the youth academy. I'm sure that cost a few quid.

That's certainly a connection (which I wasn't aware of) although I don't see how anyone could hold that against the bloke at the same time.

I'd say Ash/Moat are close. Moat invested in Ashleys regime through developing the youth academy. I'm sure that cost a few quid.

That's certainly a connection (which I wasn't aware of) although I don't see how anyone could hold that against the bloke at the same time.

Could have been attempting to help a future investement. That said it does concern me a little just how close Moat is to Ashley, I mean I can't help get rid of the niggling doubt that Moat could just be a front with Ashley still lurking somewhere in the background. Either way I don't think Moat's done himself any favours with the fans by associating with Ashley so closely, the only thing convincing me that Moat's okay is Shearer's alleged endorsement of the bloke.

Fair play to Moat for throwing money into the academy as a fan.

I wonder back when Ashley/Mort were talking about trying to get more local business men on board, was Moat what they were thinking of?

Just thinking like but if Moat has made a proper bid, Redheugh's definitely 'wide of the mark', no? He reckoned it was the US lot with this 7 day deadline thing. Yes, I am fucking bored.

Should be on a roll really :ninja:

That is probably the greatest ever idea in the history of the Internet!

Imagine it, entire threads on a roll, each sheet is a post. You can now legitimately say "that post is shit"