Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be on a roll really :D

That is probably the greatest ever idea in the history of the Internet!

Imagine it, entire threads on a roll, each sheet is a post. You can now legitimately say "that post is shit"

Ahhhhh but do you stand up or sit down to wipe? :D

1. there is a meeting planned AND it will go ahead.

2. a bid has been lodged, due process; can I get a re-wind?

3. people are reluctant to talk to the press

4. you lot are not going to believe this staggering information, again.

good ol' Redheugh.

Edited by trophyshy

I refer you back to Jonny's post on page 1 NINE WEEKS ago...

Believe it when I see it tbh.

And I sir, refer you to my quote from page 1

Please let this be the endgame of this sorry saga. This definitely fits with all the hearsay on five live tonight.

This time next week.....Shearer. Carver. Lee..

Cmon

Lets hope so!

Im still a bit sceptical whether this is it, but im hopeful.

Shearer with Dowie as number 2 i think and has Rob Lee got his badges? Maybe he could show our midfield how to pass the fuckin ball!

We have 2 weeks until our next game so plenty of time to get things sorted.

But...

Is anyone else worried that AS coming in might actually rock the ship though?

I refer you back to Jonny's post on page 1 NINE WEEKS ago...

Believe it when I see it tbh.

And I sir, refer you to my quote from page 1

Please let this be the endgame of this sorry saga. This definitely fits with all the hearsay on five live tonight.

This time next week.....Shearer. Carver. Lee..

Cmon

Lets hope so!

Im still a bit sceptical whether this is it, but im hopeful.

Shearer with Dowie as number 2 i think and has Rob Lee got his badges? Maybe he could show our midfield how to pass the fuckin ball!

We have 2 weeks until our next game so plenty of time to get things sorted.

But...

Is anyone else worried that AS coming in might actually rock the ship though?

absolutely

Yeah I am like. While I've never once said Houghton should stay full time, he needs to take a lot of credit atm. Could we do better ? Of course? Could we do worse? a hell of a lot.

I think Shearer coming in and rocking the boat is definitely one of those 'we'll cross that bridge when we reach it' scenarios but for the sake of argument I'd like to see Hughton stay as a coach until the end of the season at least. In any case I think the main problem with Shearer might have been Joey Barton but I wouldn't be surprised if Barton had already played his last game for the club.

I think Shearer coming in and rocking the boat is definitely one of those 'we'll cross that bridge when we reach it' scenarios but for the sake of argument I'd like to see Hughton stay as a coach until the end of the season at least. In any case I think the main problem with Shearer might have been Joey Barton but I wouldn't be surprised if Barton had already played his last game for the club.

Totally agree.

For all i love big al and i think he would do well here, its one of those situations where if he came in pre-season i would have no worries. Where as we are a quarter into the season, built up some momentum and CH has done well.

That being said, Shearer would lift the place and with him and new ownership we would finally have that backroom stability we have been waiting for, that inturn will filter through to the playing squad.

Shearer WILL bring leadership and a strong character to boss the team/side...i just think that for this season certainly Hughton should be given an instrumental role.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Totally agree.

For all i love big al and i think he would do well here, its one of those situations where if he came in pre-season i would have no worries. Where as we are a quarter into the season, built up some momentum and CH has done well.

That being said, Shearer would lift the place and with him and new ownership we would finally have that backroom stability we have been waiting for, that inturn will filter through to the playing squad.

Shearer WILL bring leadership and a strong character to boss the team/side...i just think that for this season certainly Hughton should be given an instrumental role.

I don't think it'd rock the boat at all to be honest. Barton would have been the only real big issue to deal with and thanks to his injury that's gone now. The players have shown that (in no small part thanks to Hughton) they can do the job comfortably in this division whilst everything off the pitch is anarchy and they'd be just the same under big Al for me.

Also whilst i think Hughton has done a great job and would like to see him kept on in the future, i don't see him as permanent manager or doing the job in the prem. We don't know exactly how Shearer will turn out as a boss but if he is to become permanent manager i'd like him to get at least half a season or so learning in the championship before hopefully promotion to the prem and the real tetst for him and us.

"without prejudice"

I think he will be a disaster here and I half hope that another consortium gets the club so that we are not guaranteed Shearer.

I would much rather he cut his teeth elsewhere and I fear he will be Roy Keane mark two.

If it was me buying the club I would be looking for the best manager available not the ex local hero.

Yeah i have that worry too but i do think with a good set of backroom staff he will do well, if he can shift out JB and NB he will have full respect of the squad which he should anyway, but will be able to get on with things without a trouble maker and a spent force that expects to be accomodated in the side.

"without prejudice"

I think he will be a disaster here and I half hope that another consortium gets the club so that we are not guaranteed Shearer.

I would much rather he cut his teeth elsewhere and I fear he will be Roy Keane mark two.

If it was me buying the club I would be looking for the best manager available not the ex local hero.

I'd take promotion like. Not sure about you btw.

"without prejudice"

I don't necessarily go along with the idea that he HAS to be our manager but I can see the reasons why it's not the worst idea either. He didn't do great in those 8 games but it's insanity to write him off for that. You seem to be in favour of Hughton staying on and how bad was he last year? He'd definitely demand that so many things were put into place that have been lacking in the club for so long. He's very driven and professional and he would require that anyone at the club working or playing for him was the same. Anyone taken the piss would be out the door and he'd have the authority to do it. He'd have the backing of the fans too which would afford him the time needed.

I find it bit strange that you're so negative about Shearer too, especially given how positive you are about Moat purely because the latter's a fan.

I don't see a great deal of evidence suggesting Keane and Shearer are that similar as characters by the way.

Leaders for their countries

Leaders for their clubs

Extreme personal standards

Multi millionaires

Half old skool / half new skool

Very guarded in public.

Very (maybe too) demanding of others.

All footballers are millionaires man, what's that got to do with it? :D

Being leaders doesn't mean they're the same. Everyone who's played with Shearer has said he loves a practical joke. Who's ever said that about Roy Keane. Shearer goes on holiday, plays golf with his team mates etc. and Keane doesn't.

In what way is Keane remotely new skool?

Very demanding of others and extreme personal standards are probably both the same thing anyway but that arguably applies. No bad thing but I think Shearer has better social skills which would make him a better man manager.

Very guarded in public? Aye, so what? That's just being media savvy but it doesn't tell what they're actually like which is more important.

Anyway, it's ridiculous debating Roy Keane in relation to what Shearer might be like as a manager iyam.

"without prejudice"

I'd take promotion like. Not sure about you btw.

Thats cos you forget he bought his way out of the league, very little to do with being a good manager.

No I never forgot it actually. I just stated he got them promoted. Which is something I would be delighted for Shearer to do for us.

"without prejudice"

I don't necessarily go along with the idea that he HAS to be our manager but I can see the reasons why it's not the worst idea either. He didn't do great in those 8 games but it's insanity to write him off for that. You seem to be in favour of Hughton staying on and how bad was he last year? He'd definitely demand that so many things were put into place that have been lacking in the club for so long. He's very driven and professional and he would require that anyone at the club working or playing for him was the same. Anyone taken the piss would be out the door and he'd have the authority to do it. He'd have the backing of the fans too which would afford him the time needed.

I find it bit strange that you're so negative about Shearer too, especially given how positive you are about Moat purely because the latter's a fan.

Not writing Shearer off but would like to see him carry out his training elsewhere than this pressure cooker. He does however come across as aloof which IMO puts him in the Keane / Souness brackett.

Not in favour of Hughton, in favour of the best available.

Backing of the fans!!!! After his last 8 games and our start this season, I truly think the "fans" would turn pretty quickly if it all started to go pete tong.

Im only positive about Moat because its getting rid of Ashley AND he's a fan so hopefully would be quite respectful in his stewardship.

Bottom line.....Theres something about Shearer thats just not quite right, same with Keane. On paper they should be brilliant but seem to be lacking that human touch or whatever you call it.

Firstly, you've just said Shearer would be another Roy Keane, so you were writing him off, basically.

As for carrying out his training elsewhere, I'm not sure where you think that should be but being a good lower league manager or even a small sized PL manager doesn't necessarily equate to being good at a club like NUFC, especially if you're talking about competing at the right end of the PL.

If you aren't in favour of Hughton staying for the time being the statement about not wanting Shearer to rock the boat doesn't make sense as any manager worth his salt would want to stamp their authority on the side.

Re: the backing of the fans I think Shearer would get that, yes. They didn't turn on him after the 8 games of last season, did they? If it went terribly pear-shaped then that would change obviously but that's the risk with any manager at any club anywhere in the world. I think he'd be afforded more time than most notwithstanding an absolute disaster.

As for Moat, I'd go along with that but my point was I found it strange to be positive about a completely unknown quantity when you're then being negative about someone you know would be 100% committed to the club.

As for the last bit, again you do seem to writing Shearer off and comparing him to Keane with not a lot of evidence for either. IMO of course :D

That's all well n good but has Shearer got it in him to grow a beard fit for a family of rooks to live in?

:D Needs to work on his thousand-yard stare too.

Edited by Sonatine

It's not really splitting hairs saying you've written him off when you say you think he'll be a disaster here and half hope Moat's consortium fails just in case they appoint him is it?