Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, I must even admit to getting a bit sick of it all now. If there's no breakthrough by the end of next week....

I just wish given all that's happened to date and the fact the tribunal plainly said they tried to mislead the public, that journalists would add a bit of weight to their bidder stories. Ie source not from within the club.

What's Redbollocks saying? :D

Simpletons such as I,.....can understand the scenario that previous bidders may come back in now the £25 million lawsuit is out of the way.

I presume under the due dilligence process, any of the prospective buyers would have known the full details of the lawsuit amount.

Lets just fucking hope so....

The club won't be sold this year.

Based on what tho Parky?

Ashley can have his cake and eat it with a promotion payment written in.... Why hold on.

Based on he won't sell until we're back in the PL and anything you read in the papers is more than likely lies, they've even admitted that they consistently lie to everybody.

None of you have still answered why he wont sell now with a built-in promotion clause so he gets money if / when we are promoted.

I doubt there's anyone out there daft enough to take that deal up. Right Ashley there's a 100 million for now and if we get promoted this season I'll give you another 100 mil, no problemo.

I see this Barton having 'respect' for Shearer story has broken. Not to get CT's hopes up or anything but if I was clutching at straws it could be read in to that Joey's come out with this because he knows that a sale's impending and the new owner will be bringing in Big Al...

... I reckon by the end of the week :D

Simpletons such as I,.....can understand the scenario that previous bidders may come back in now the £25 million lawsuit is out of the way.

I presume under the due dilligence process, any of the prospective buyers would have known the full details of the lawsuit amount.

Lets just fucking hope so....

The club won't be sold this year.

Based on what tho Parky?

Ashley can have his cake and eat it with a promotion payment written in.... Why hold on.

Based on he won't sell until we're back in the PL and anything you read in the papers is more than likely lies, they've even admitted that they consistently lie to everybody.

None of you have still answered why he wont sell now with a built-in promotion clause so he gets money if / when we are promoted.

I doubt there's anyone out there daft enough to take that deal up. Right Ashley there's a 100 million for now and if we get promoted this season I'll give you another 100 mil, no problemo.

I am quite sure that if we are sold before we are promoted that is exactly what will happen.

It happens all the time with player transfers so will be no suprise in this sorry saga.

So even though no owners have (so far) came up with £100m, you envisage someone coming up with double that? Eh? :D

As I've said, I could see him wanting that but I couldn't see anyone going for that. We're overpriced as it stands.

Dont disagree that it may be overpriced but thats what he wants and if someone out there is desperate enough to get hold of us they will meet his demands. (Hopefully)

I wouldn't want an owner that stupid tbh.

I think if Ashley sells, he's 'cutting his losses' a lot less than people imagine.

The 07/08 figures come from the accounts released. later seasons are guesstimates.

Club Purchase

-£134m

Existing Debt

-£70m

Match (bums on seats)

07/08 - +£32m

08/09 - +£30m

09/10 - +£23m

Media (Sky/Setanta/Parachute)

07/08 - +£41m

08/09 - +£41m

09/10 - +£20m

Commercial (shops and sponsorship)

07/08 - +£26m

08/09 - +£22m

09/10 - +£20m

Interest

07/08 - -£6m

08/09 - -£3m

09/10 - -£3m

Payroll

07/08 - -£70m

08/09 - -£70m

09/10 - -£50m

Transfers

07/08 - -£10m

08/09 - £0

09/10 - +£27m

Add all of those up and I make it that he'd be £133m out of pocket come the end of the season.

I think a lot of people see it as £250m pumped in minus £100m selling price = £150m out of pocket. But it'd only be a fifth of that.

Even if we don't go up, I reckon he could break even and have another go at it next year.

Edited by Happy Face

Using that logic we'd have made £13m in 07/08. The club made a pre-tax loss of £34m, intimating that there are £47m of additional costs (though some will be one-offs and player depreciation messes things up somewhat).

So chuck in £90m over three seasons and it doesn't look so good.

Using that logic we'd have made £13m in 07/08. The club made a pre-tax loss of £34m, intimating that there are £47m of additional costs (though some will be one-offs and player depreciation messes things up somewhat).

I wondered about that.

The NUFC-Finances website doesn't explain it.

I know there's £6m+ paid to Allardyce and a certain amount of amortisation, but I don't know what the rest consisted of or if it applies to the following seasons, for example, was it from installments on Luque and that, which Ashley cut out of all his deals.

I wondered about that.

I know there's £6m+ paid to Allardyce and a certain amount of amortisation, but I don't know what the rest consisted of or if it applies to the following seasons, for example, was it from installments on Luque and that, which Ashley cut out of all his deals.

did you allow for corporation tax and paye etc etc, business rates...

Eh? Corporation tax doesn't come out of pre-tax numbers because it's er, pre-tax. PAYE is part of the overall salary bill i.e. the gross cost of wages, PAYE is just a mechanism to deduct employees tax from gross salary on their behalf. Business rates, rents etc should part of normal operating costs so the missing expenditure.

I wondered about that.

did you allow for corporation tax and paye etc etc, business rates...

Eh? Corporation tax doesn't come out of pre-tax numbers because it's er, pre-tax. PAYE is part of the overall salary bill i.e. the gross cost of wages, PAYE is just a mechanism to deduct employees tax from gross salary on their behalf. Business rates, rents etc should part of normal operating costs so the missing expenditure.

Not the best with numbers but I was talking about happy face tooting up all the incomings without a deductions amount for corp tax etc. He was sort of saying sales + other income - wages = profit......

Innit

Happy Face tooting up? Is that an allegation of drug abuse? :D

I assumed HF was looking at net profit before tax. In a typical company that includes all outgoings like wages, overheads, admin expenses, contractors, purchases of stock etc but it always excludes the company's tax bill. Which in all likelihood is zero anyway because fooball clubs tend to make losses from year to year. For a football company I expect NPBT also includes transfer costs and one off exceptional costs like paying up a manager's contract. I think they were speculating on the one off costs but I can't be bothered to go back and read the posts.

Spent my Friday morning at work constructing the timeline of this sorry saga using quotes (lies) from the club...

26 May 2009 - Derek llambias

"We want him to be the manager 110%, he's very good at what he does and he's a straight-talking guy – we like that. He'd be the perfect appointment. Talks will start today and we are going to review the situation. We are trying to sort something and we'll give the public some information as soon as possible. Alan has put a lot of work into the job at Newcastle and we're talking to him now."

30 May 2009 - Mike Ashley:

"It has been catastrophic for everybody. I've lost my money and I've made terrible decisions. Now I want to sell it as soon as I can."

09 June 2009 - Club Statement:

"The board of Newcastle United can today confirm that the club is for sale at the price of £100million. Interested parties should contact Newcastle United (or Keith Harris at Seymour Pierce) for further details. The club will not be making any further comment at the present time."

10 June 2009 - Derek Llambias:

"There are three or four interested parties who we are talking to. They don't want to be known just yet. That is how we are trying to do business. That is the proper way to do it, not by talking through the media."

06 July 2009 - Derek Llambias:

"There have been more than two bids at £100m"

30 July 2009 - Derek Llambias:

"I can say we are very close to completing a deal and it could happen next week."

06 August 2009 (Barry Moat reealed as an interested party) - Derek Llambias:

"We would love to be able to expand further on the sale and managerial position at the club, but we're very sorry we're unable to make any further comment at the present time."

22 August 2009 - Derek Llambias:

"'We're in negotiations with Barry. [The deal is] there or thereabouts."

22 August 2009 - A Newcastle spokesman:

"There will be an update on the situation on Monday."

Monday 24 August 2009 - Club statement:

"NEWCASTLE United Football Club confirms that it has extended its deadline to Barry Moat to table an offer for the Club.The extension has been granted in order to allow Barry Moat and his advisors to conclude funding arrangements with Barclays, current bankers, for the continuation of last season's £39m facility.This would allow a formal offer to be tabled."

19 September 2009 - NUFC Statement:

“The £100M asking price has been matched, however, we are still in negotiations and all parties involved are at sale and purchase stage.”

I got bored. Sure there's more to add....but basically the point is, 19 weeks of bullshit and counting.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."

Pretty much. HF's post confirms what most of us suspected but it's still quite amazing in a way seeing it in black and white, so to speak.

What amused me reading them was not the big lie ("we're selling...honest") but the shit little lies like...

09 June 2009 - Club Statement:

".....The club will not be making any further comment at the present time."

"There are three or four interested parties ....."

:D

Or

"... we are trying to do business. That is the proper way to do it, not by talking through the media."

B)