Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something about to happen ???

Henry Winter of the Telegraph via Twitter:

Rumours of Indian businessmen interested in taking over Newcastle. Go for it. At £100m Toon good value. Anyway, does Barry Moat have cash?

News of The World

BARRY MOAT is on the brink of completing his takeover at Newcastle.

But insiders admit he is frustrated that managing director Derek Llambias has slowed the deal by flying off on holiday.

Moat was waiting to make sure there would be no huge payout to ex-boss Kevin Keegan before completing the months of complicated talks.

He has offered £90million and has even put the cash in an account as proof of funds.

The deal should finally be completed by the middle of next month.

It would mean a loss of £160m for owner Mike Ashley, who bought the Toon in 2007.

But Ashley, also boss of Sports Direct, wants a quick sale as he prepares for a legal battle after an Office of Fair Trading investigation into claims of operating a cartel. That could mean a prison sentence and £140m fine.

News of The World

BARRY MOAT is on the brink of completing his takeover at Newcastle.

But insiders admit he is frustrated that managing director Derek Llambias has slowed the deal by flying off on holiday.

Moat was waiting to make sure there would be no huge payout to ex-boss Kevin Keegan before completing the months of complicated talks.

He has offered £90million and has even put the cash in an account as proof of funds.

The deal should finally be completed by the middle of next month.

It would mean a loss of £160m for owner Mike Ashley, who bought the Toon in 2007.

But Ashley, also boss of Sports Direct, wants a quick sale as he prepares for a legal battle after an Office of Fair Trading investigation into claims of operating a cartel. That could mean a prison sentence and £140m fine.

:DB):wank:

:D

"And I am told Sheard’s main backers may be the New York-based Starr Foundation, a charitable investment fund. Moat and Sheard have met for talks in recent weeks, although it is unclear whether there is any prospect of them pooling resources to fund a bid for United."

extract from Sunday sun. Only posted because it confirms Redheughs story that Sheard and Moat were meeting.

Maybe he is itk!

"And I am told Sheard’s main backers may be the New York-based Starr Foundation, a charitable investment fund. Moat and Sheard have met for talks in recent weeks, although it is unclear whether there is any prospect of them pooling resources to fund a bid for United."

extract from Sunday sun. Only posted because it confirms Redheughs story that Sheard and Moat were meeting.

Maybe he is itk!

I love the middle of the month instead of end of the week.

Edited by Attain

No-one bothered by the fact that Moat hasn't got a pot to piss in apart from the initial outlay of buying the club?

We could be worse off tbh

I've mentioned this a few times and I'd rather Moat didn't buy the club ( if he ever does).

http://www.starrfoundation.org/

if this is the company that Sheard and Redheugh have been on about then I think we can safely say it looks a non starter.

They have assets of 1.25 billion dollars and are set up to give grants in the areas of medicine, education , social projects etc.

WTF would this sort of charitible American organisation want with a uk football club.

As I've said all along, Moat is probably the only show in town and doubts remain as to whether he is serious.

I think it's patently clear to most sensible fans that Ashley is using the pretence of a sale to ward off protests and plod along in the hope of a windfall return to the prem.

We all know it just dont want to believe it!

Maybe he is itk!

Or maybe the 'source' the Sunday Sun is using is the fucking shite posted by Redheugh on tinternet.

As I've said all along, Moat is probably the only show in town and doubts remain as to whether he is serious.

I think it's patently clear to most sensible fans that Ashley is using the pretence of a sale to ward off protests and plod along in the hope of a windfall return to the prem.

All along? what about the numerous "Im creaming myself because Redheaugh says Americans are buying the club" posts?

All along? what about the numerous "Im creaming myself because Redheaugh says Americans are buying the club" posts?

:D Is that something on the end of my line.....

Didn't think it would be you :wank:

There's a queue B)

Redheugh claims this is the wrong foundation.....

When asked what happened to the 7 day dealine, he advised this had been extended til 9.

For the record, I truly believe a deal will be announced this week. I am certain of it. :D

30-dog%20and%20stick.jpg

You have to be taking the piss with this like Bart.

Just reporting the made up, fabricated, conjured, bullshit sar, just the made up, fabricated, conjured, bullshit.

You have to be taking the piss with this like Bart.

Just reporting the facts sar, just the facts.

Is that the same "facts" that have been more flexible than Elton Johns arse?