Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

"We will give the the interested parties until the end of the week to purchase the club, should the club fail to be sold, we will be taking it off the market"

:lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be good to hear something for Moat himself. Obviously now the NDA is out the way the least he should be able to give us a few sound bites.

Regarding the non sale of the club, I'm not sure now (not that I ever have been :lol: ). He knows we all detest him, that clearly doesn't bother him so why mess about with all the extension bollocks? He knows fans will continue to turn up in their thousands, that's been proved and they'll continue to do that whether the club is sold or not.

So what harm would it actually do him to have turned round today (or last week etc) and say clubs off the market I'm staying put?

Edited by JUICE690

Maybe the extension is genuine.

That seems to only genuine possibility.

There so much distrust for the fat man and his fuck buddy that we believe nothing they say, and with good reason. But maybe this time it is the truth. In my opinion he simply doesn't care enough to fuel all these conspiracy theories.

Edited by JUICE690

Maybe the extension is genuine.

:razz:

:lol:

I'm serious. It makes no sense otherwise. I appreciate about 90% of what Ashley's done has made no sense but I think it's possible there's things happening behind the scenes. That's not to say a sale will be sorted because it's obviously not straightforward or it would have been sorted already.

It makes no sense.

Alex you know my thoughts on Ashley and I'm afraid the excerpt from your quote above is the only thing that can be guaranteed with these cunts.

God I hope you're right but I am an atheist.

Don't get me wrong i think ashley and llambias have fequently been full of shit and i dont trust a word they come out with, but ive never been convinced by the argument its all one big conspiracy, that he's known all along he wont sell and he's just using all this stuff as an excuse.

He owns the club, he can do waht the fuck he likes without needing to pretend anything, he knows the fans will still come even if he sells players, appoints a shit manager or no manager and he already knows we hate him. So its not hard if he wanted to say im not selling and im clearing out loads of players to trim the wage bill.

I think he genuinely wants out, yes he may fuck us over in terms of too high a price, pissing people about because he's a tool and things like that, but i think he wants Moat to bale him out and that because Moat isnt the rich billionaire we'd like Barclays are taking some convincing.

So i think thers a chance Moat will takeover, but also i think its likely you could see him come in in a part owenership capacity or even that ashley doesnt sell, its all possible to me. And is ashley does stay then i worry as to who the fuck he'll bring in as boss.

But in all the scenarios i do worry that we'll see to many more good players sold and not replaced. If they could leave the squad as it is, unless soembody offers good money for one of the players we wouldn't mind shifting, then prootion is a defnitie possibility.

Guest Stevie

I really love this line from nufc.com

Three wins on the belt have seen Hughton's stock rise and the clamour to replace him is less pressing (in part due to the O'Leary/JFK scaremongering).

:icon_lol:

well what a shock today's announcement was - NOT.

NUFC.CO have summed the situation up perfectly.

I have no doubt that the good start, the excellent gates and the realisation that the CCC is full of shite, has made MA think it will be worthwhile hanging on until a return to the prem' is secured. For once, his judgement could be correct - its certainly what I would do instead of taking a huge financial hit.

Don't get me wrong i think ashley and llambias have fequently been full of shit and i dont trust a word they come out with, but ive never been convinced by the argument its all one big conspiracy, that he's known all along he wont sell and he's just using all this stuff as an excuse.

He owns the club, he can do waht the fuck he likes without needing to pretend anything, he knows the fans will still come even if he sells players, appoints a shit manager or no manager and he already knows we hate him. So its not hard if he wanted to say im not selling and im clearing out loads of players to trim the wage bill.

I think he genuinely wants out, yes he may fuck us over in terms of too high a price, pissing people about because he's a tool and things like that, but i think he wants Moat to bale him out and that because Moat isnt the rich billionaire we'd like Barclays are taking some convincing.

So i think thers a chance Moat will takeover, but also i think its likely you could see him come in in a part owenership capacity or even that ashley doesnt sell, its all possible to me. And is ashley does stay then i worry as to who the fuck he'll bring in as boss.

But in all the scenarios i do worry that we'll see to many more good players sold and not replaced. If they could leave the squad as it is, unless soembody offers good money for one of the players we wouldn't mind shifting, then prootion is a defnitie possibility.

it's a definite ffs - why does no one realise the CCC is as weak as piss ???

MA is going to be sorely diappointed if we get promoted and he thinks he can fill his boots. I doubt we'd sell for £100m then either- we'd need a huge investment in players just to scrape last-day survival.

MA is going to be sorely diappointed if we get promoted and he thinks he can fill his boots. I doubt we'd sell for £100m then either- we'd need a huge investment in players just to scrape last-day survival.

exactly. Survival in the premiership requires investment, and the desire to be successful, which a club like Newcastle UNited should desire, means debts. Unfortunately, it might not suit everyone to admit it [although they should realise it now] but its reality.

So's our squad depth you tit :icon_lol:

As is our squad, give it til November when the cold starts hitting the likes of Sideshow Bob and Jonas. When we've hit injuries and have nobody to cover. If we're still winning then I'll congratulate you on your excellent vision. Till then, the bet still stands if you want to take it.

exactly. Survival in the premiership requires investment, and the desire to be successful, which a club like Newcastle UNited should desire, means debts. Unfortunately, it might not suit everyone to admit it [although they should realise it now] but its reality.

No it doesn't. It means debt if the owners don't want to stump up any of their own cash, of course.

Nothing wrong with well-structured debt- in fact any large company should use it.

NUFC have never had a problem servicing their debt. Shame the same cannot be said about the wage bill.

No it doesn't. It means debt if the owners don't want to stump up any of their own cash, of course.

Nothing wrong with well-structured debt- in fact any large company should use it.

NUFC have never had a problem servicing their debt. Shame the same cannot be said about the wage bill.

yes, I know. Your first sentence also implies they will spend money and not want it back if they sell on too.

I can accept that the wage bill was too high, but its all part of the chase for success, if you want the best players you have to find the money.

at what cost though Leazes?

virtually all of our first team squad are massively overpaid (performance related)... 60k a week for some players that in my eyese are absolutely not good enough for the premier league.

I don't want some of them gone, i just wish we'd sorted relegation clauses in their contracts...