Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im hearing whispers the deal with moat has been done. finances all in place, everything sorted.

anyone else heard owt?

It's funny you should mention that because I heard rumours that Hitler isn't dead but is in fact running an painters and decorators in Brighton with Elvis :icon_lol:

That article smacks of being written for a deadline rather than actually having anything new (or anything at all) to say on the subject.

Im hearing whispers the deal with moat has been done. finances all in place, everything sorted.

anyone else heard owt?

You better not be raising my hopes up...

Well it highlights a few things.

It claims the overdraft wrangle has been sorted

It claims Mort is struggling with his "deposit"

It claims that Barclays still have to go through a period of due dilligence.

Most importantly though it re-emphasises (for those who dont already see), that even if an agreement is reached, it could be months before Moat took control.

Some seem to think it will be announced "this week" and we will suddenly appoint Shearer and sign players within a few days.

Does this not imply that this quick scenario is pie in the sky.

Could just be my cynicism but I don't see how it's saying anything new. There's been loads of articles like this with supposed insider knowledge, quite often contradicting what has been said recently as well, which also makes me suspicious about the author having a clue. I would imagine a quick check would reveal recent articles in the same paper mentioning the possibility or a quick conclusion (as well as ones like this saying it's nowhere near being sorted). As you point out, it claims a lot but that's about it.

anyone else heard owt?

I havnt heard anything at all, where have you heard that nobody else seems to have. :icon_lol:

Edited by kingshearer

Does this not imply that this quick scenario is pie in the sky.

That depends on who, not when

You mean if this ugly bloke throws a wad of cash on the table i assume.

I take it you are Oliver Tobias?

Oops, sorry geoff.

:icon_lol:

anyone else heard owt?

I havnt heard anything at all, where have you heard that nobody else seems to have. :icon_lol:

from a solicitor who is working on the deal

on n-o the craic is supposedly everything will be revealed today ?

Not everything, just that the Ronny Gill will be running an article that will reveal a bit more.

Redheugh best be telling the truth as the fourth hand info i've heard that originally came from him is, how you say, pant wettingly promising.

Not everything, just that the Ronny Gill will be running an article that will reveal a bit more.

Redheugh best be telling the truth as the fourth hand info i've heard that originally came from him is, how you say, pant wettingly promising.

Putting on my wanking glove in preparation.

Putting on my wanking glove in preparation.

Now there's an image I don't need :icon_lol:

THE group behind the latest takeover bid for Newcastle United claim to have backing from a multi-billion pound New York-based company.

United confirmed yesterday in our later editions that Seymour Pierce were in talks with Geoff Sheard, who last year attempted to take over Sheffield Wednesday.

And United’s financial controller John Irving has visited the solicitors’ offices in London in order to push through the paperwork surrounding the bid.

However, while it is understood that Sheard is spearheading a bid for Newcastle, he does not have the required funds to run the football club.

And he is merely the deal maker between United, Seymour Pierce and a mystery American consortium which say it is trying to complete a takeover before the end of Mike Ashley’s recently imposed one-week deadline.

Sheard told the Chronicle today: "It's not me who is buying the club - that should be made very clear.

"I've put together a package for a group who want to come in and take over the club.

"That's what they want to do given the opportunity to do so.

"Talks have been going on for a couple of weeks now."

The Chronicle understands the group behind Sheard’s approach is led by a wealthy American backer who already has big links in US Sports.

And the group who claim they intend to purchase the club will then aim to deploy the strategic holding company the Omnicom Group to rebrand the Magpies on a global scale.

A source close to the deal claimed today: “It’s all still ongoing, while Geoff is keen to be involved, the money is coming from across the Atlantic.

“It would be American money that pays for the club and the day-to-day running of it should they be successful, but they have plans in place to make sure Newcastle live up to their potential as a worldwide brand.

“It wasn’t too long ago that Newcastle were above Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in the table during the Sir Bobby Robson era, and there is no reason why that potential can’t be lived up to again.”

Omincom will also look to public relations firm Fleishman-Hillard International Communications in order to improve the relations between Toon fans and the club with the Mike Ashley era being a PR disaster since he purchased the club two summers ago.

Omincom have headquarters in both New York and London and are regarded as one of the world giants in advertising and marketing communications.

They are listed on the New York stock exchange with a market value of £11.62bn.

United managing director Derek Llambias yesterday claimed that Sheard’s party were yet to show “proof of funds” but talks were today understood to be ongoing between the two parties. Local businessman Barry Moat is also hoping to stay in the running for the takeover of the club.

But with time against him and next Monday’s deadline fast approaching, there is still a strong possibility no deal will be done and Ashley will take United back off the market next week.

That would leave the current regime facing a mad scramble on the transfer deadline day with the depleted squad at St James’s Park facing another 43 Championship fixtures and at least two cup games, one of which takes place tonight.

Caretaker boss Chris Hughton could give no guarantee that United wouldn’t be stripped of any more players after 10 departures this summer have left the Toon squad looking thin on the ground.

Bollocks. I don't believe it for a second. It's utter pie-in-the-sky horse-shit. it's Cock of the poppiest variety. It's crap

( :icon_lol: oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please :icon_lol: )